XR700 Firmware Version 1.0.1.20 Released

Guest Killhippie
2 hours ago, sharpz44 said:

What’s the ongoing problem as I have one on its way to me

XR700 has been a bit buggy for some but fine for most, its like most websites only have people who are unhappy posting, not the ones doing fine. You should be okay, sharpz44 Just always factory reset after firmware updates. It has not had a firmware update since October last year though.

Read all the threads pertaining to XR700, and you will see its just more than a factory reset. But why should you have to do a factory reset . And by the way there hasn't been an update for this router since it launched so I don't know what KIKKHIPPIE is taking about. All you have to do is look it up and you will see i'm right. Up to you. cheers mate   

Guest Killhippie
2 hours ago, AnnonymouS said:

Read all the threads pertaining to XR700, and you will see its just more than a factory reset. But why should you have to do a factory reset . And by the way there hasn't been an update for this router since it launched so I don't know what KIKKHIPPIE is taking about. All you have to do is look it up and you will see i'm right. Up to you. cheers mate   

There has been a quite a few of updates since it launched, you seem to not be reading the Netgear updates page properly. All the info is in the link below, you just need to scroll down to 'previous firmwares'  its at the bottom of the page, and there have been six firmware releases in total for the XR700, the last being a security hotfix.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR700.aspx#download

https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix

As to why you should have to do a factory read read  this article by Merlin, who patches Asus firmware and runs his own fork as well, If anyone knows why its a good idea to clear out NVRAM he does.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Guest Killhippie
12 minutes ago, AnnonymouS said:

I stand corrected, but there is still a lots of problems with the firmware. And you know it . 

I don't, I haven't got one. :)

I am using the XR700 for 2 years and it is always working perfectly never had a bug or something that doesn't work.

But still I think the fw updates are very very poor, a product like this needs at least like 3-4 updates a year. 

Btw i always perform a factory reset before and after a firmware update especially with XR700 there ain't so much updates to do 😄😆 so go for a clean update and after a update/factory reset let your router chill for a good 10 minutes there are many things happening in the background so be patient.

39 minutes ago, Mobel said:

I am using the XR700 for 2 years and it is always working perfectly never had a bug or something that doesn't work.

But still I think the fw updates are very very poor, a product like this needs at least like 3-4 updates a year. 

Btw i always perform a factory reset before and after a firmware update especially with XR700 there ain't so much updates to do 😄😆 so go for a clean update and after a update/factory reset let your router chill for a good 10 minutes there are many things happening in the background so be patient.

What firmware are you using is it .24 cheers 

@hifi31029 what is broken when u use the XR700?

@sharpz44 yes I am using .24 and it is working perfectly it had 2 bugs in the beginning that it says

1: there is a new firmware update while it was already on .24.

2: and a UI error but that was due to my browser.

For the rest i didnt come across any other bugs.

21 minutes ago, Mobel said:

@hifi31029 what is broken when u use the XR700?

@sharpz44 yes I am using .24 and it is working perfectly it had 2 bugs in the beginning that it says

1: there is a new firmware update while it was already on .24.

2: and a UI error but that was due to my browser.

For the rest i didnt come across any other bugs.

Thanks

• Administrators
1 hour ago, hifi31029 said:

yes i did and it still broken

Reinstall if using TFTP & then reset and that will give you the freshest install possible https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?_ga=2.237452864.1974269107.1598014021-1093648828.1597957637

On 8/20/2020 at 9:30 AM, Killhippie said:

I don't, I haven't got one. :)

22 hours ago, hifi31029 said:

yes i did and it still broken

On 8/20/2020 at 2:42 PM, hifi31029 said:

r app unable to load.

On 8/20/2020 at 3:08 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Do a factory reset after upgrading to prevent any legacy issues carrying over from the previous firmware.

Killhippie, everything working perfectly right.