Jump to content
BIG__DOG

PS5 first glimpse Rumours

Recommended Posts

Just seen this. The first glimpse into the release of the PS5, the rumour mill is starting to spin..................I don't think I will be upgrading my ps4, mill stick to XBOX.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/gaming/consoles/ps5-release-date-news-and-features-1213409?fbclid=IwAR30R8RZttxIVhWYY38KGzjkbioU5Q9yY1WZSdg3MEaFIZNvQgl8BGeAUiA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can never decide between PlayStation and Xbox. I think that PlayStation has better hardware this gen, but Xbox's online services are better... I hope that next gen, Microsoft will keep up the good work from the Xbox One X and go really high spec. More exclusives would be good too although I love Forza.

Still i'll probably end up getting both anyway, especially considering I now have a job... (you'll never guess where)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

I can never decide between PlayStation and Xbox. I think that PlayStation has better hardware this gen, but Xbox's online services are better... I hope that next gen, Microsoft will keep up the good work from the Xbox One X and go really high spec. More exclusives would be good too although I love Forza.

Still i'll probably end up getting both anyway, especially considering I now have a job... (you'll never guess where)

You think the PS4 Pro hardware is better than the Xbox One X,  errr ;)

Xbox all the way for me, where the real sweats hang out haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zennon said:

 

Xbox all the way for me, where the real sweats hang out haha.

Do agree with that comment! I seem to do better on PS BOps4 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zennon said:

You think the PS4 Pro hardware is better than the Xbox One X,  errr ;)

Xbox all the way for me, where the real sweats hang out haha.

Nah nah, what I mean is that the Xbox One (original) was underpowered and that's what held it back initially. It also means that any games that haven't been enhanced to work with Xbox One X are going to look kind of bad no matter what.

In my experience I mostly meet Europeans on PlayStation and Americans on Xbox. Don't know why... Lots of military guys like Xbox. I prefer Xbox Live and I prefer the achievements system to trophies, plus what kind of company takes 12 years to figure out how to let you change your username?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From MS

When you set your console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console—Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. On Xbox One X, 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like games encoded for 1080p) is upscaled to 4K.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one

So Nah old titles look good no matter what ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an excellent KD record on PS4, especially on BO3. However, the user experience, limitation of customization and the sheer lack of useful apps is the main reason why my ps4 is in the conservatory gathering dust and my xbox is now getting the love!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zennon said:

From MS

When you set your console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console—Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. On Xbox One X, 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like games encoded for 1080p) is upscaled to 4K.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one

So Nah old titles look good no matter what ;)

Well I understand that it can do some upscaling but I wonder if issues like low draw distance or slow loading times could be improved?

Anyway i'm definitely going to have to get an Xbox One X at some point... Although sods law says that as soon as I buy it, they'll announce the next Xbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes loading times are quicker as standard and ive got an SSD drive so it is very fast. I always select my specialist or hero before anyone else in the game.

I have had mine since day one release and it is the best console I have ever owned the graphics are amazing I can not wait to see what next gen can bring as I am amazed every time I play now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Maybe i'll just bite the bullet I DUNNO

It is if you think a year and a half of use is worth it before the next gen lands 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

But what am I meant to do until then just use my switch?

Have you you been playing with the light fittings again, what have you been told 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love my One X. Hook it up with an external SSD, and it flies.

PS4 is generally off gathering dust. Online services just not up to par. And it looks like Sony has recognised that and will be doing something for next gen only, by working with Microsoft.

https://news.microsoft.com/2019/05/16/sony-and-microsoft-to-explore-strategic-partnership/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, simjc said:

I love my One X. Hook it up with an external SSD, and it flies.

PS4 is generally off gathering dust. Online services just not up to par. And it looks like Sony has recognised that and will be doing something for next gen only, by working with Microsoft.

https://news.microsoft.com/2019/05/16/sony-and-microsoft-to-explore-strategic-partnership/

cloud based gaming?.....yukerty yuk, all that extra lag! Is this their united response to googles entrance into the cloud gaming marketplace!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In theory i'm interested in cloud based gaming, especially since people will be bound to want better network hardware when it gets popular 😋

But i've tried services like OnLive and GeForce Now and I've never been very impressed. You need like 100% perfect network conditions for it to work! Mine kept fluctuating and making things blurry. The responsiveness was okay but the image was far from crisp. Honestly if cloud gaming is going to hit it big, ISPs are going to have to up their game.

But even so, Sony and Microsoft working together? What an age we live in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am always going to game on local hardware for FPS games. I can see them pushing cloud gaming for those who want to buy cheap consoles (dumb devices) knowing that all the hardware upgrading is happening in the cloud, so you don't need to keep upgrading hardware. However, you are going to need a serious internet package, a decent ISP, and money to pay for the service. Long term costs are ouch for cloud based, until backbone and ISPs step-up, especially the larger common household ISPs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you have to decide if you'd rather spend a lot of money on your internet connection, or your gaming hardware. Either way you're going to be spending some money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 12:39 PM, Netduma Alex said:

I can never decide between PlayStation and Xbox. I think that PlayStation has better hardware this gen, but Xbox's online services are better... 

I agree minus the privacy settings on xbox.  No matter what I still get umpteen messages from assholes I kill in blackout during game no less.... of course this could just be user ignorance on may part.

Also I would like to see Sony implement 120Hz monitor/tv support as Xbox One X has.  I realize not all games support this if any but man if they did next gen.... WOOOHOOOO

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 9:55 AM, ColonicBoom said:

I can only see cloud-based gaming as a shitty gimmick for shitty games at the moment.

With a lot of shitty lag.

Yea I don't see how that's not a HUGE tech support nightmare.  Just in the US alone there are so many terrible ISP connections, and with satellite and now services like Starlink.... their are SO many scenarios where this does NOT pan out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stalker4hire- said:

I agree minus the privacy settings on xbox.  No matter what I still get umpteen messages from assholes I kill in blackout during game no less.... of course this could just be user ignorance on may part.

 

 

There is an option in the privacy settings to turn off getting messages. I know this because when I played ESO, I could never get zone chat to work and that was why.

Look through the settings, its in there somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, stalker4hire- said:

Yea I don't see how that's not a HUGE tech support nightmare.  Just in the US alone there are so many terrible ISP connections, and with satellite and now services like Starlink.... their are SO many scenarios where this does NOT pan out. 

Yeah I agree, it would be a nightmare trying to figure out where the problem was occurring. Bad wiring in house? Bad ping to server? Bad settings on router? Too many devices on network?

Now if somebody were to make a streaming game service that had a special router as a console, that could maybe work...

But even in that scenario, you'd have to plug the router straight into a modem which had bridge mode, which many people can't do. Some have tricky ISP modems, and some have an existing network setup onto which they'd like to add a new router. If it was anything like the Netduma, it would have to be at the root of the network in order to manage QoS.

There are situations where game streaming can work, but they're rare enough that a mass market solution seems unlikely to me. You'd never be able to get enough players that were happy enough with the streaming quality they got.

The only place streaming works right now is PS4 Remote Play, Steam Link and whatever the Xbox remote play is called, and those are only reliable if you're in the same building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...