still not getting smooth games on ps4

theaveragejoe

I have read allot of the topics on this forum and I have properly set up my xr500 as to how the admins are constantly telling people to do, but for some reason I am still getting huge lag comp or something in this game where I cannot win more than one gunfight a life for some reason and still die to weaker guns with less advantages positions than me on the map every time. I cannot get this router configured to where my game feels smooth and like I have a fair chance in lobbies let alone any type of advantage. Any help would be greatly appreciated, also I attached a ping plotter report to twitter to see if it means anything to the admins because to me its all mumbo jumbo. Thanks.

IMG_0567[1326].jpg

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What's the average ping to the game as shown by the Geo-Filter? 

Also 70/70 on Anti-Bufferbloat is just a recommendation. I would advise trial and error with different percentages and see which makes your connection the most stable.

average is between 11 and 30 with me getting around the same 4 or 5 servers, sounds good but still doesn't matter.  Also I have messed with the sliders allot I have 500 up and down with a local fiber copany and I have done everything from set them all the way to 5% up to 70% and it doesn't seem to matter allot for some reason, what im really wondering is if my base ping to the server is to high or something I really have no idea at this point

• Administrators

That is a really good ping, couldn't hope for more! That is your base ping to the server so nothing wrong there. You have quite high bandwidth so local congestion is unlikely to be an issue. Even those spikes aren't too high but retest on Ping Plotter direct to your modem and see what you get.

13 minutes ago, theaveragejoe said:

So i dont use a modem because my isp told me i didn't need one and im starting to wonder if the modem type device they use for our house is the issue 

No cause your graph is pretty stable on pingplotter. you have 2 spikes. Looks like you have really good ping too. I can't believe you don't have good games. Since you don't have ping assist yet. Try moving your home location to different servers and see which one works best for you. Where do you live? At the beginning when you boot your game up have the geo filter on so you can see where all of the servers are in the game. There's like 10 of them in the US. Just toy with it. You'll find one that'll work good. With that connection I can't see how your having problems. I'm on the R1 and the game plays decent for me. Of course I use ping assist which helps. Any questions feel free to ask. Someone will have an answer for ya.

2 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

No cause your graph is pretty stable on pingplotter. you have 2 spikes. Looks like you have really good ping too. I can't believe you don't have good games. Since you don't have ping assist yet. Try moving your home location to different servers and see which one works best for you. Where do you live? At the beginning when you boot your game up have the geo filter on so you can see where all of the servers are in the game. There's like 10 of them in the US. Just toy with it. You'll find one that'll work good. With that connection I can't see how your having problems. I'm on the R1 and the game plays decent for me. Of course I use ping assist which helps. Any questions feel free to ask. Someone will have an answer for ya.

ok, ill give that a try i really appreciate the help, im not sure whats wrong its like my bullets go right threw some people and my aim will be stuck behind someone as they slide on a 10 10 sensitivity.  I live in Tennessee so i believe the closest dedi is in Georgia or Alabama.  I feel like the lag comp or hit reg is off in this game 

6 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Guys it's the lag compensation in the game - if you're having hit detection issues, it's without doubt the game at fault. No game is perfect. I hear people saying Battlefield V has great hit detection compared to CoD for instance.

If you have a great ISP line, great equipment and a Geo-Filter for a great server / game ping, then your character movements etc shouldn't be lagging. That's your objective, and you've achieved it by the sounds of it. Ultimately if you're firing shots and they're not registering at this point, it's probably because the opposing player has a ping that's massively different to you and the game itself can't handle it. The game is at fault for letting such players join the server in the first place, and for not compensating properly for it.

yea unfortunately im starting to realize that, the netduma seems to do its job but you cant tell other than what your saying.  I appreciate the info

On 21/12/2018 at 00:25, realistaplayer said:

Eu moro no Brasil e tenho o mesmo problema, bo4 eu morro por armas fracas, jogando blackout com o nível 3 coleção morro mais fácil que todos, precisamos descobrir como funciona o atraso de compensação COD, pois quem tem internet ruim e ping alto sempre mate mais fácil

Eae parceiro tranquilo?tambem sou do brasil e ta foda pra um lobby com conexao boa...qual sua id pra mim te add..caso consiga achar uma configuracao boa me fala.....se eu achar auqi tambem te falo....ontem  bo4 com uns amigos ate que tava de boa....mad nao tava 100%

9 hours ago, KinGxRickbr said:

Eae parceiro tranquilo?tambem sou do brasil e ta foda pra um lobby com conexao boa...qual sua id pra mim te add..caso consiga achar uma configuracao boa me fala.....se eu achar auqi tambem te falo....ontem  bo4 com uns amigos ate que tava de boa....mad nao tava 100%

minha id:  Realista-_-  voce não tem certeza que morre mais rápido ao usar o XR500 ? foda né os caras de internet de padaria fica 2 horas pra morrer .

• Administrators

If you’re not already, use Ping Assist as a ping filter to guarantee a low ping. See the bottom half of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

It’s driving me fn nuts as well, honestly it’s starting to feel like the Duma and all we’ve all  done to get a top notch connection is actually working against us nearly half the time.  Having games at around 50-3 and then going just barely positive at like 15-12 with the same class against people you can obviously see are no better seems inevitable anymore.  I feel like I’ve figured it out for a day or two doing amazing consistently and think wow this games sooo fun, then the next night it’s back to aim literally assisting by being stuck a foot behind my target which is new (yea)and shots going through guys and realizing it’s a roll of the dice.  Netduma has been a huge help over the years and it’s not their fault, but until cod fix some things that they never will were kinda sol.  Sad cause BO4 is incredible and just what the community needed when it’s working as it’s supposed to, but unfortunately 50 percent or a bit above good games is about the best I feel we’re going to get.   BF5 hit detection and overall fairness is well ahead of bo4, sadly I am now and always will be a cod guy at heart even though it’s a struggle. Both are fun, but going on and acquiring streaks sets cod apart and makes me want to grind and improve way more than bf ever could.  Until cod gets real long term competition or something drastic changes internally with activision and the devs we’re pretty well stuck either being content or quitting the game we love.   Anybody that’s having better luck please I’m all ears, but seems like more luck or placebo than anything else in any testing I’ve done over the years.   

Any way it goes I’m having fun most of the time and hope others are as well, happy new year to the netduma team and the Duma army. 

• Administrators

Happy New Year to you too! 

You might want to try forcing different server locations until you find a sweetspot. For example, some of the UK players on here prefer the French server to the UK server.

• Administrators

You did the right thing but you need to place it where you know there are servers located, with strict on and ping assist 0. You will also need to quit game to dashboard, make the changes, wait 2 minutes then boot up the game 

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, DARTHXX said:

Hm ok will try this out! I have to be in filtering mode also, right?

Yep you've got it. On Spectating mode you wouldn't be blocking any hosts at all; you use Spectating mode to just see what's happening rather than controlling your connection.

I hope it goes well with Filtering mode :)