Black Ops 4: 1.03.6j vs DUMA OS

Sgt-Greco

In short: 1.03.6j wins, hands down.

Using DUMA OS I've been trying all morning to connect to a European server. Whichever. No joy. I was getting this stupid "lobby not joinable" message.

When I switched to spectating mode, the game kept putting me in a US "shoot first - die first" server.  Totally unplayable. 

So I downgraded to 1.03.6j. and things were so much better. The server locations were accurate and I joined a game with the second attempt. I also had fair games.

I'm an average player so I never expect to dominate any lobby. But I definitely know when a connection is fair and when isn't.

So here are my two questions.

- Why OS doesn't behave as 1.03.6j regarding matchmaking ?

- Why so many mislocated servers since these servers are more or less the same (with a few exceptions) ?

Don't get me wrong. DUMA OS has the best GUI I've ever seen and it has some awesome features and potential. But is it BO4 ready ? Maybe not yet.

PS. sorry for my English

• Administrators

- Why OS doesn't behave as 1.03.6j regarding matchmaking ?

- Why so many mislocated servers since these servers are more or less the same (with a few exceptions) ?

It should be the same in theory - so this is odd behaviour. Ping Assist on DumaOS is getting phenomenal results in closed beta testing, so I recommend you wait for this to be released to the Open Beta and then upgrade back. Then seen what results you get as it could help us narrow down if there's something not right.

I agree with the Op I have an R1 and I have not big issues in bo4, having a ping of around 40- 60 ms is pretty much everyone unless you live right next to the server, think of it like this, the closer you live to a dedicated server the lower your ping is. And unfortunately the current state of bo4 doesn't help either so that Also Contributes why bo4 is so bad atm. But in this forum I see many people complain about their Duma os router, and some complain about the R1. For the r1 people I recommend setting your geo filter to your nearest server or servers, and setting your ping assist to 40. If your ping assist is lower it won't find you any lobbies. Also white list your friends that you want to play with if they are in or outside your geo radius. Restart router after any changes every now and than. Also geo filter is only good for Multi-player for blackout or zombies turn geo off reason is there is very few servers and more than likely will be outside your geo radius so just turn it off and you won't have problems. 

This is what I have been telling Netduma team that there was something wrong in Duma OS. I have zero problem after I downgraded back to 1.03.6j at all 

I connect to Singapore server literally all the time. For now I suggest you stay with old firmware until they implement ping assist. This would be the best choice for now

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

This is what I have been telling Netduma team that there was something wrong in Duma OS. I have zero problem after I downgraded back to 1.03.6j at all 

I connect to Singapore server literally all the time. For now I suggest you stay with old firmware until they implement ping assist. This would be the best choice for now

I've let the development team know about this as does seem to be a legitamate issue.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:40 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've let the development team know about this as does seem to be a legitamate issue.

Thank You, from what I have notice, 

both of firmware, when boot up black ops 4, it will bring up all dedicated servers available right? 

only different was:

1.03.6j --> I can see a little dot on Singapore map. indicated that this FW see SG servers 

Duma OS --> Singapore's dot is missing.  

I think that was the main reason why I kept connecting to P2P arab servers. Because Duma OS didn't see the Singapore server.

On 10/27/2018 at 9:28 PM, Netduma Admin said:

It should be the same in theory - so this is odd behaviour. Ping Assist on DumaOS is getting phenomenal results in closed beta testing, so I recommend you wait for this to be released to the Open Beta and then upgrade back. Then seen what results you get as it could help us narrow down if there's something not right.

Ditto on everything sgt greco said. Servers mislocated constant bs lobbies. 

after all my complaining of not having OS I completely agree previous version just is better at the moment for bo4 until the location of servers is fixed. 30-50 ms on nj server when I can get it with OS. when I went back I was pinging 15-25 on that same server...something is just off

• Netduma Staff

We're checking these issues out guys, thanks for letting us know! Upgrades for the R1 can be pushed pretty fast so it shouldn't be long before we've found a fix. Thank you for your patience - if anyone is planning on downgrading for the Geo-Filter just make sure to follow the instructions and take care during the process. Cheers.

I'm back on 1.03.6j but BO4 plays terrible at 7ms to a dedi. 

Match making on blackout is weird once it chooses a server it doesn't want to put you on any other so you get lobby not joinable even with a very large geo filter

So i honestly went back to my old netduma to give ping assist a try and honestly is working wonderful. I also found out that this game be trying to connect me to West coast servers a lot and i live in Florida. So basically my setup right now is Modem-->old netduma router-->xr500. Im letting the xr500 do wifi while my ps4 is connected to the old netduma. Im having wonderful games compared to the xr500. If i put a small radius on the xr500 apparently the server moves location 🙃🙃 which is really frustrating so i have to set the radious to 1200km in order to find a lobby and with the ping assist i just put it to 25ms. And i have the best games ever.

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Glazeko said:

So i honestly went back to my old netduma to give ping assist a try and honestly is working wonderful. I also found out that this game be trying to connect me to West coast servers a lot and i live in Florida. So basically my setup right now is Modem-->old netduma router-->xr500. Im letting the xr500 do wifi while my ps4 is connected to the old netduma. Im having wonderful games compared to the xr500. If i put a small radius on the xr500 apparently the server moves location 🙃🙃 which is really frustrating so i have to set the radious to 1200km in order to find a lobby and with the ping assist i just put it to 25ms. And i have the best games ever.

Ping Assist is an amazing feature, and it's currently getting a lot of love from our developers. We're soon to be rolling it out on the R1 version of DumaOS. The new Ping Assist will be far more powerful than the old version, so look out for it in the future for both your R1 on DumaOS and your Nighthawk XR500!