The R1 not value now,all now is xr500

Amv22pr

XR500 has its own issues so i wouldn't use that router if it was free.  R1 has been waiting for its update for YEARS not months.  I most likely will be moving on from NetDuma as a company and any of the products that they sell.  I doubt that I will be the only one.

i hope you are wrong, i buy en march 2018 one netduma 199€ plus taxes.

I don't think you will have to worry much. There are a few things lacking from the Netgear Nighthawk Pro XR500 that only the Netduma R1 has such as having profiles. It allows for instant switching on the fly such as maybe Call of Duty's tight upload and download speeds to prevent lag compensation and more that are still useful.

I myself got both the XR500 and the R1 but that is because my internet speed is 1Gbps up and 1Gbps down. So the R1 will be the limiting factor of my internet bandwidth. Thus, the XR500 benefits me more. As for profiles, I can just use the backup and restore to switch profiles of the XR500 I guess. The internet range is great. Can finally reach the entire house passing through many bricks to reach its intended locations in the house. Way better than either my Asus RT-AC68U or the TPlink router. So am very happy about that. Most of my home automation devices rely on the 2.4GHz network. So by right, the R1 should be more than sufficient.

As for XR500 issues, I have yet to encounter one.

Waiting months for the dumaos for the R1 and the last day announce delayed really incredible what a decepcion to the loyal customers,for the netgear r500 no problems all now is the netgear and the loyals customer with the r1 what happened is no fear for the r1 waiting more weeks 

I would hate to find out that they pushed the release date for the R1 so that the Netgear can get a few more weeks of purchase(s) before dropping the update for LOYAL R1 owners. Just Saying

I've had the R1 since it's original release and it's worked for me since then.  Yes, a couple of hiccups here and there and maybe reboot once in a while but she chugs along. Looking forward to the new update when it comes out but am currently fine at the moment.

Question is, for those who are awaiting the new update, what about the current software is not working?  What in the new software are you looking forward to? fixing? etc.?  

instant switching on the fly such as maybe Call of Duty's tight upload and download speeds to prevent lag compensation

Hahaha! I know right. It is hard to justify the purpose of my Netduma R1. I rarely use it unless I want to connect to Korean servers for Overwatch.

But the XR500 can do that as well. And I don't really need to throttle my download speeds just for Call of Duty because I jumped ship of COD multiplayer altogether. I only play Campaign on the past few releases. Now if Black Ops 4 will not even have campaign (as per the rumours), then I guess that's the end of my Call of Duty journey.

Am currently downloading God of War 4 on the PS4 Pro and it is literally taking only 10 minutes to download the entire 44.439GB of game files. All thanks to no hardware limitations to the XR500 for Wired Ethernet connection as opposed to the R1.

I am even taking out the R1 altogether because for better gaming experience, it is best not to have 2 routers both doing their own processing of the connection causing an increase in latency. So now, I took out my old trusty Aztech Gigabit switch and am getting my full gigabit up and down with it with barely any decrease in speed unlike before where I use the R1 for not only as a switch but also for its Geo-Filter.

Since everything is now integrated in 1 convenient package with both good performance and wifi and Geo-filter, I don't know how to justify anyone to purchase the Netduma vs the Netgear Nighthawk Pro XR500.

Anyone else know what is the key differences of the Netduma R1's version of DumaOS that will make the R1 stand out again?

ExTmPtB.png

Anyone else know what is the key differences of the Netduma R1's version of DumaOS that will make the R1 stand out again?

Only the devs know what the initial differences will be at the moment.

I believe that when additional R-Apps are created, the R1 will get them but the XR500 will have to wait (and may not get them at all) because they would have to go through the Netgear certification/testing process while the R1's would obviously not need to.

• Netduma Staff

There won't be much difference in the end apart from the settings - Netgear produced the settings suite featured on the XR500 version of DumaOS whereas on the R1 it'll be in-house. Still, I really wouldn't recommend using both in the same setup even with DumaOS installed - the R1 will be a cheaper alternative at the cost of hardware, but if you already have an XR500 it's ultimately not going to improve your setup. (It'd be like having two Netduma R1's in your setup).