How to open your NAT with the XR500

14 hours ago, DCN said:

Hi Faulko

When you say a service provider problem, can you elaborate? Maybe I can try the same. I've spoken with my service provider but they said they can't assign a fixed IP... if that was the solution for your issue.

Thanks! 

Unless you in Australia and the same ISP as me then i doubt its the same issue but you never know.

But if it helps, apparently new IPv4 numbers are getting expensive and the amount of numbers avail is getting low.

My ISP did something that converts or alters IPv4 to IPv6 but this adds an additional ISP nat layer causing my issue. Once i was removed from this new IPv6 system they have, im now back to Nat 2.

• 11 months later...

Hi. I was hoping someone would be able to help. I can't hear friends in party chat on PS4 and think it's the nat type. I have type 2 but and think maybe I need to change it to 1.

I did ask a similar question on another thread but cannot find it now for the life of me. 

I've followed all steps that I am able to so far but have hit a wall. I don't know how to assign the PS4 a static IP or put into DMZ. 

I did reserve an ip address in LAN setup but wasn't sure if I was suppose to. 

Please can someone help and explain in layman's terms as not overly confident with this stuff? 

Many thanks 

James 

I actually don't think this is to do with NAT type. It's very hard to get NAT type 1 on PS4 and that usually involves using DMZ.

Before you start experimenting with DMZ/port forwarding, try disabling Geo-Filter and QoS, just in case they're what's causing the problem.

Also there's a NAT Filter option somewhere in the XR500's settings which you should set to Open. You might also want to disable SIP ALG as that can mess with voice calls.

NAT TYPE 1 on PS4 can only be achieved by plugging directly into a modem and not a router. If you are pppoe then you add the pppoe  credentials to the ps4 and have it conected directly to a modem.

Hi, thanks for the help. When I turn geo filter to spectate I can hear friends but when it's enabled I can't. What's the fix for this please? 

Where do I find the NAT filter withing the XR500 please? Also where is the Sip ALG setting? 

If you think these would help? 🤔 

Not sure how to add ppoe credentials to PS4. Sorry I'm a noob with all this. 

Please help me hear my friends. 

4 hours ago, DjimiDay said:

This is is driving me insane. Having to disable geo filter to play with friends makes buying a netduma sort of pointless. 😢 

Follow the steps and on step 3. Click "OPEN" and Apply the settings.1713721250_wansetupopennat.thumb.png.38de594b8277f38ce5ecbc8323372694.png

Save settings.

Thank you very much. I hope this works. It's got to be something to do with the geo filter as party chat works when i disable it. Reddit users indicated it was a NAT type issue but who knows. Willing to try anything though. Thank you for taking the time to respond. 

15 hours ago, DjimiDay said:

Thank you very much. I hope this works. It's got to be something to do with the geo filter as party chat works when i disable it. Reddit users indicated it was a NAT type issue but who knows. Willing to try anything though. Thank you for taking the time to respond. 

the above suggestion will disable the firewall feature of the router and is not advised. I suggest instead that you turn off geo filter, add your friends or join their party and then once you or they are all in the party turn on geo filtering.

19 hours ago, DjimiDay said:

This is is driving me insane. Having to disable geo filter to play with friends makes buying a netduma sort of pointless. 😢 

I had a similar issue when joining a party chat it would take 2+ mins to actually connect, despite the person being inside my geo filter and on my allow list.

Although the chat in question was started by this person the geo filter was slowing/stopping the connection as the ip path went out of the geo circle then back in.

Going to spectate stopped the delay. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, DjimiDay said:

Would it still mean I get the benefits of the geo-filter though? 

It would allow nearby servers outside your radius to be connected to so would try without first.

• Administrators

That all looks fine, the Aus icon was allowed as it is mislocated and under your ping limit. If you could put the ID of the icon in this form that will help us move it to the correct location: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-let-us-know-here/