How to open your NAT with the XR500

8 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi, welcome to the forum! It seems weird that even using DMZ you can't get an open NAT. Have you tried putting your console into the DMZ of your XR500? (It's got its own DMZ section in the settings). I'd also recommend disabling the Geo-Filter when you're booting up the console and the game - only enable it when you're about to search for a game. 

Here in lies the issue. First is the PS speed test, after everything has been power cycled. Next i will show the black ops “speed test”. Included is the Nat types also. 

1CB8225D-5CDD-4189-80A9-16F9DF130D10.jpeg

A2CA5E55-90DA-4C14-8B69-BCB83D46126C.jpeg

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I wouldn't worry about the speeds you have plenty. 

NAT Type 2 is open, just means you're behind a router. Did you disable the Geo-Filter before loading up the game? 

I’m curious, is it common to ping at 80ms consistently? Unless i put my geo filter down to 600 miles? Which means i cant play with anyone really. 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Alwayz_Rekt said:

I’m curious, is it common to ping at 80ms consistently? Unless i put my geo filter down to 600 miles? Which means i cant play with anyone really. 

What's your location? It depends on the servers around you. We usually recommend 600miles or so actually for a good connection. To play with friends you just need to add them to your allow list and then you can play with them regardless of your Geo-Filter settings

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What's your location? It depends on the servers around you. We usually recommend 600miles or so actually for a good connection. To play with friends you just need to add them to your allow list and then you can play with them regardless of your Geo-Filter settings

That is a lot of people to add. Haha. I live inSan Antonio Texas. 

What about the moderate and moderate connection issues? Cod will not allow me to play with others on Moderate. That’s a major issue. I am more concerned to fix that than anything else.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Won't allow you to play with others, is that friends or general matchmaking? If friends then you need to add them to your allow list. If not, does your console show an open NAT in its' settings?

My console shows type 2. General matchmaking i do have issues on occasion. When it comes to friends, because of the moderate Nat type, i have a lot of issues connecting with friends and joining their lobbies, or vice versa. 

I have done all the tips and tricks to get an open Nat on the game itself. As i said before. It was open prior to getting the XR500, i just needed the additional features of bandwidth steering. 

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, Alwayz_Rekt said:

My console shows type 2. General matchmaking i do have issues on occasion. When it comes to friends, because of the moderate Nat type, i have a lot of issues connecting with friends and joining their lobbies, or vice versa. 

I have done all the tips and tricks to get an open Nat on the game itself. As i said before. It was open prior to getting the XR500, i just needed the additional features of bandwidth steering. 

Welcome to the forum :) so you're using UPnP but getting this moderate reading? With the Geo-Filter disabled (and after rebooting the console) do you still get a moderate NAT in-game? NAT type 2 is an open NAT, so that's great for your console. Moderate NAT readings in-game are usually false and caused by the Geo-Filter, so it's worth ruling out the Geo-Filter here.

On 2/25/2019 at 6:17 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Welcome to the forum :) so you're using UPnP but getting this moderate reading? With the Geo-Filter disabled (and after rebooting the console) do you still get a moderate NAT in-game? NAT type 2 is an open NAT, so that's great for your console. Moderate NAT readings in-game are usually false and caused by the Geo-Filter, so it's worth ruling out the Geo-Filter here.

Hi guys I’m have moderate nat type on Black Ops 4 on my pc how do I get it to open 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, JACKSDARIPPER said:

Hi guys I’m have moderate nat type on Black Ops 4 on my pc how do I get it to open 

I'd suggest you follow this guide http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat and if you have any issues let us know and we can help you further.

I

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd suggest you follow this guide http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat and if you have any issues let us know and we can help you further.

I have all of that done it’s open on my Xbox and ps4 . Is moderate on my pc 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, JACKSDARIPPER said:

I

I have all of that done it’s open on my Xbox and ps4 . Is moderate on my pc 

I am assuming this is in game then? If you disable the Geo-Filter before booting up the game does it appear open then?

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I am assuming this is in game then? If you disable the Geo-Filter before booting up the game does it appear open then?

Yes I even rebooted the router and restarted my pc and still moderate nat type on black ops 4 on pc . Because on ps4 and Xbox one is open. I don’t get it.

Have you tried putting your router into your modem’s DMZ? I have not done this yet, but I have the same issue of only getting a moderate NAT on my PC and I only play on my PC. I have tried everything else as suggested by the help here on the forums. I started a topic called UPnP and if you read through that string you will see what I have tried. Have not had time to do the DMZ thing yet just wondered if you have.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, JACKSDARIPPER said:

10.0.0.3 is the pc

Well it's definitely opened one of the ports required for the PC. I would recommend you open the ports specifically for the PC here https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Ports-Used-for-Call-of-Duty-Games/

3 hours ago, kf4syr said:

Have you tried putting your router into your modem’s DMZ? I have not done this yet, but I have the same issue of only getting a moderate NAT on my PC and I only play on my PC. I have tried everything else as suggested by the help here on the forums. I started a topic called UPnP and if you read through that string you will see what I have tried. Have not had time to do the DMZ thing yet just wondered if you have.

You should definitely put the router in your ISP hubs DMZ or preferably put the ISP hub in modem mode. If the router isn't getting information from all ports then it couldn't possibly pass it correctly on to the devices that need it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 1:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Well it's definitely opened one of the ports required for the PC. I would recommend you open the ports specifically for the PC here https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Ports-Used-for-Call-of-Duty-Games/

You should definitely put the router in your ISP hubs DMZ or preferably put the ISP hub in modem mode. If the router isn't getting information from all ports then it couldn't possibly pass it correctly on to the devices that need it.

How do I do the port forwarding in the xr500?

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, JACKSDARIPPER said:

How do I do the port forwarding in the xr500?

Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Port Forwarding. There you can click 'add custom service'. Choose your device in the list, then name your service and select the protocols / ports you want to forward :)

2 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Port Forwarding. There you can click 'add custom service'. Choose your device in the list, then name your service and select the protocols / ports you want to forward :)

I know where I have to for the port forwarding . To me is not as simple as the r1 it only has to lines where to put the port forwarding numbers . My question do I just put all the numbers in that one line?