Netduma upgrade (v 1.03.6j - Original Firmware)

hey guys its @Noble__Atlas from twitter and im still running on 103.3 version and i would like to upgrade plz n thx 

Please make sure you have 'Allow Remote Access' ticked under Misc - Fraser will be hitting this thread in the AM his time and posting here for each member when they are available to upgrade, so make sure and follow the thread.

Please try upgrading now, do not reboot before upgrading.

Could not access your router, can you make sure your duma is in the DMZ of your ISP hub please and that you definitely have remote support ticked.

Please try upgrading now, do not reboot before upgrading.

Thanks, worked. With the hyper-lane is it possible to set a pc as a gaming device? like if I want all gaming traffic from a pc to have priority? Because right now it looks like you can only do it per port number. Or is there a way to enable it for a port range? 

New update works great, thanks again for the FREE upgrade. One thing I noticed that is extremely minor in saving the settings, it defaults back to kilometers instead of miles for us USA guys. Also the peer pings works much better for me. Wasn't there talk about clicking on the bar graph on peer pings to locate the higher ping players or a color coded circles on the map in correlation with the colors on the ping bar graph? Something easier to place that player on the deny side of the scale.

Well after updating the router and then waiting for black ops 3 to update, I managed to get some game time.

I don't know if it was backend stuff from the netduma update or the BO3 update but now I get into matches very fast.

It would usually take a couple minutes to get a match because of my geo being less than 500 miles.

For now I must say I like the update but must do further testing to really see the hyper-lane in action.

I can also say that I am so addicted to this router and its updates that I am ready for the next one.

New update works great, thanks again for the FREE upgrade. One thing I noticed that is extremely minor in saving the settings, it defaults back to kilometers instead of miles for us USA guys. Also the peer pings works much better for me. Wasn't there talk about clicking on the bar graph on peer pings to locate the higher ping players or a color coded circles on the map in correlation with the colors on the ping bar graph? Something easier to place that player on the deny side of the scale.

Make sure enabled cookies is ticked in settings/misc. Then apply miles, and try it then.

Baz.

• Administrators

I am running 1.03.4, and would like to upgrade. Remote access is ticked. Thank you.

You're all set to upgrade. Please follow the instructions and do not reboot before upgrading.

I only have ver 1.03.3 -instructions said to Contact NetDuma before I upgrade. 

This is me- Contacting NetDuma

Could not access. Could you please ensure you have remote support ticked in settings > miscellaneous and have the R1 in the DMZ of your ISP hub. 

I'm on 1.03.3 is it safe to update?

You're all set to upgrade. Please follow the instructions and do not reboot before upgrading.

I'm not sure what else to do Fraser, I dont have an ISP hub or DMZ, the duma is plugged straight into my cable modem. I have factory reset the duma and made sure remote support is ticked, nothing else is turned on. Please try again.

Hello,

I am running version 1.03.3 and would like to upgrade. I have remote support ticked.

Thanks.

Could not access. Could you please ensure you have remote support ticked in settings > miscellaneous and have the R1 in the DMZ of your ISP hub.

I am on an older version than 1.03.5 and have remote support ticked and I want to upgrade.  Thanks guys!

hey guys its @Noble__Atlas from twitter and im still running on 103.3 version and i would like to upgrade plz n thx 

I received my router yesterday and was on the forum and noticed I need to upgrade it.

My version is 1.03.3

So i guess i need remote access upgrade.

Hi there, I am on version 1.03.5m and I have the remote support checked. 

You should be able to upgrade anyway. Please read the instructions carefully.

You should be able to upgrade anyway. Please read the instructions carefully.

VengeanceStriker here. Please try again.

• Administrators

Hi Netduma!

I've made a stupid mistake. I've upgraded my router without reading your big red letter warning message. I was on 1.03.3 but the upgrade worked just fine and I didn't notice anything bad just yet.

Should I be worried?

Hey, welcome to the forum! Please make sure you read the instructions carefully next time, you could have bricked your router. As it's working though you don't have anything to worry about :)

I tried and looked around and read all day yesterday and could not find a "How to put your NetDuma in the DMZ" section around anywhere. I'm trying to bear with you here, but I think it may just be my ISP blocking your attempts, or I'm just dense. 

I DO have UpnP turned on, which is what I did find when I looked for DMZ here, which is all I was able to find when I searched for DMZ settings on the NetDuma.

I DO appreciate your attempts to help me (us) and understand that you must be one of the busiest people on the internet atm. So I'll do whatever you say to do- just tell me what to do please.

One more thing, might not have made a difference but Windows 10 applied an update at 3:30 Central US time this morning and rebooted my Computer. So- just FYI.

I went to the UpnP settings and just made sure everything was ticked in there and went back to Host Filtering then Back to UpnP settings to be sure all was still ticked- it is.

I hope this helps you get into my router. If not. I don't know what else to do for you. I still don't understand why I received a brand new router that had OLD firmware on it. This is really irritating to me -I'm sure I'm not the only one. Expensive routers should come with the latest Firmware, not two versions old.

Profiles don't always load and it clears one or multiple services from the host filtering screen.

Unable to update host filtering services: Duplicate service.

Settings all done, save current settings as test 1.

Load profile test 1 or built in profile.

Success, Successfully loaded profile!

OK.

Then Load profile test 1 again(or first time).

50% chance of success or failure

Load profile test 1 again, 50% chance again

I'm seeing the same inconsistencies when loading a profile - the hyper traffic service is a bit hit and miss.  I have set my own gaming profile with xbox in the hyper traffic slot when I load up the profile all the settings are OK except the hyper traffic slot is sometimes empty.  If I try to reload the profile it will eventually fill that slot.

Also and probably related if you have a service filled into the hyper traffic slot and you try to load a different profile with the same service in the hyper traffic slot you get error "Unable to apply settings because: 'Unable to update hyper services.: Duplicate service.'. Please contact http://forum.netduma.comwith this message"

• Administrators

Vengeancestriker ready for upgrade.

We're not able to access your router. Double check that remote support is enabled in misc settings and that the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub. If it is disable the DMZ and enable port forwarding on the ISP hub for ports 1024-60,000 TCP to the R1

One more thing, might not have made a difference but Windows 10 applied an update at 3:30 Central US time this morning and rebooted my Computer. So- just FYI.

I went to the UpnP settings and just made sure everything was ticked in there and went back to Host Filtering then Back to UpnP settings to be sure all was still ticked- it is.

I hope this helps you get into my router. If not. I don't know what else to do for you. I still don't understand why I received a brand new router that had OLD firmware on it. This is really irritating to me -I'm sure I'm not the only one. Expensive routers should come with the latest Firmware, not two versions old.

The DMZ setting will be on your ISP hub, you can see how to add the R1 to it here http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat

If that doesn't work please see the above that I advised Vengeance. 

We're not able to access your router. Double check that remote support is enabled in misc settings and that the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub. If it is disable the DMZ and enable port forwarding on the ISP hub for ports 1024-60,000 TCP to the R1

The DMZ setting will be on your ISP hub, you can see how to add the R1 to it here http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat

I can hit the router from my public ip. Can you just use that?

When i use a gaming profile or a custom profile and try to open a webpage in my browser...it says that "DNS bad probe" and cannot load the page.I use Chrome...i try Firefox..the same issue.

When i change the profile to "Non gaming" everything is ok.

This is an issue???

None of this does me any good. I Have no entries in Port Forwarding (as I have not had the need to use this feature), I have had the Remote Support enabled ever since I received the router, and I have no problem with Open NAT type. When I check my speeds and ping with Speedtest . net I always have a 25ms ping -sometimes higher, but not by much. 

I am Not trying to be rude with the support at NetDuma btw. I stated a fact, and I'm sure you stated one back saying that the routers ship with the advertised firmware at the time of purchase. 

I'm just upset that this one thing, a simple upgrade, should take such effort on my part. We spent a lot of money for a good (so far) product, all we ask is that things go more smoothly and not take up so much time and effort. That's all there is to it. 

I've said nothing that would make the NetDuma name brand worth anything less than it is- Really Good. But there are other people out there in the world that Do Not Read instructions (btw the router comes without them) on your website and are upgrading their routers anyway, without even seeing the big red warning to Not upgrade if their firmware is older than .5 . 

Maybe you should target your product to the higher tech gurus instead of casual gamers? Just a thought.

I'll contact my ISP and find out how to put my ONLY router -the NetDuma, in the DMZ so you can do what you need to do. 

Please understand, I really do like this router- and it shipped to me SO quickly that I was frankly very surprised. That's Great service. And now you have -one guy, two- doing this upgrade? Wow I feel so bad for them (you). 

You don't have to put up with me, so do whatever you feel your entitled to do. I would like to continue to use your router(s) for a long time onward. 

I would hope others will voice their positive opinions as well as their negative ones, and stay even-tempered. 

I appreciate you guys/gals for putting up with me and I hope we can get this solved quickly.

Peace.