Netduma upgrade (v 1.03.6j - Original Firmware)

Deep packet is for PC, I don't know why you would have to turn on deep packet along with Hyper Lane. I'm like 99.9% sure I have hyper on for my xbox but have deep packet off.

I am gaming on a PC. But the point is, Deep Packet Processing needs to be enabled for Hyper-Traffic to function correctly, at least that's what the pop up dialog box says. IIRC, Deep Packet Processing is also only meant for Preemptive mode.

And if this is true, wouldn't this be a little bit of a hassle to have to switch it on solely for gaming and then switching it off when not gaming since it reduces my 300d/150u speeds to 60d/20u. Yes, I am very aware that gaming doesn't require alot of bandwidth and I really enjoy this feature, but I just wanna confirm if it has to be enabled like what the dialog box says. I'll post a screenshot of the dialog box later when I get back from work so you guys know what I mean.

• Administrators

None of this does me any good. I Have no entries in Port Forwarding (as I have not had the need to use this feature), I have had the Remote Support enabled ever since I received the router, and I have no problem with Open NAT type. When I check my speeds and ping with Speedtest . net I always have a 25ms ping -sometimes higher, but not by much. 

I am Not trying to be rude with the support at NetDuma btw. I stated a fact, and I'm sure you stated one back saying that the routers ship with the advertised firmware at the time of purchase. 

I'm just upset that this one thing, a simple upgrade, should take such effort on my part. We spent a lot of money for a good (so far) product, all we ask is that things go more smoothly and not take up so much time and effort. That's all there is to it. 

I've said nothing that would make the NetDuma name brand worth anything less than it is- Really Good. But there are other people out there in the world that Do Not Read instructions (btw the router comes without them) on your website and are upgrading their routers anyway, without even seeing the big red warning to Not upgrade if their firmware is older than .5 . 

Maybe you should target your product to the higher tech gurus instead of casual gamers? Just a thought.

I'll contact my ISP and find out how to put my ONLY router -the NetDuma, in the DMZ so you can do what you need to do. 

Please understand, I really do like this router- and it shipped to me SO quickly that I was frankly very surprised. That's Great service. And now you have -one guy, two- doing this upgrade? Wow I feel so bad for them (you). 

You don't have to put up with me, so do whatever you feel your entitled to do. I would like to continue to use your router(s) for a long time onward. 

I would hope others will voice their positive opinions as well as their negative ones, and stay even-tempered. 

I appreciate you guys/gals for putting up with me and I hope we can get this solved quickly.

Peace.

Sure don't worry mate, Fraser will help you get setup. Your situation sounds unusual usally setting up DMZ would only take a few mins. Don't worry we will get you upgraded one way or another :) 

I am gaming on a PC. But the point is, Deep Packet Processing needs to be enabled for Hyper-Traffic to function correctly, at least that's what the pop up dialog box says. IIRC, Deep Packet Processing is also only meant for Preemptive mode.

And if this is true, wouldn't this be a little bit of a hassle to have to switch it on solely for gaming and then switching it off when not gaming since it reduces my 300d/150u speeds to 60d/20u. Yes, I am very aware that gaming doesn't require alot of bandwidth and I really enjoy this feature, but I just wanna confirm if it has to be enabled like what the dialog box says. I'll post a screenshot of the dialog box later when I get back from work so you guys know what I mean.

You don't need pre-emptive for the deep packet processing to work.  

I've never tested this specific scenario but this is exactly the purpose of profiles :)  Select DPP and get the hyper-lanes you want. Then go to "Profiles" and save a profile with all settings ticked on the right and call it whatever you want. Now you can simply load that when you play then pick NonGaming when you're done :)

You don't need pre-emptive for the deep packet processing to work.  

I've never tested this specific scenario but this is exactly the purpose of profiles :)  Select DPP and get the hyper-lanes you want. Then go to "Profiles" and save a profile with all settings ticked on the right and call it whatever you want. Now you can simply load that when you play then pick NonGaming when you're done :)

This all makes sense now. Thanks Iian!

Will someone please revisit me for upgrade? my R1 router is in the dmz and fully accessible from my public ip which I'm willing to share privately with netduma. bridge mode from my isp isn't working correctly so taking it out of dmz and doing the port forwarding with those ports isn't an option.  I'm sure using my public ip is suffice.

Sure don't worry mate, Fraser will help you get setup. Your situation sounds unusual usally setting up DMZ would only take a few mins. Don't worry we will get you upgraded one way or another :)

Thanks Iain. I got it upgraded without any problems. So it's all good. I'll keep a BIG Eye out for future updates as they come out and I'll be good and update when they come out :)

You guys/gals are pretty awesome, so Thanks again for listening to my ramblings. I apologize if I seemed more than a bit asinine. It's that nasty shoulder-devil I swear.  :rolleyes: 

Anyway, the router works great and I love the new interface! Thanks for everything! 

(btw- 3 day shipping from the UK to Florida - AMAZING! )

Take care and God Bless

• Administrators

Will someone please revisit me for upgrade? my R1 router is in the dmz and fully accessible from my public ip which I'm willing to share privately with netduma. bridge mode from my isp isn't working correctly so taking it out of dmz and doing the port forwarding with those ports isn't an option.  I'm sure using my public ip is suffice.

Still unable to access your router unfortunately. Taking out of DMZ should still give you internet and allow you to port forward. I'll think of something if this isn't possible.

i'm on version 1.03.3 need remote access to upgrade my router please

You're good to go, please update and follow the instructions carefully. Do not reboot before you have upgraded.

Hey, 

Currently on version 1.03.3 have the remote access ticked and would like to upgrade 

Thanks

You're good to go, please update and follow the instructions carefully. Do not reboot before you have upgraded.

fraser i have remote access ticked and still on 103.3 

Think I spoke to you last night on Twitter :)

Hi, I am on 1.03.3 and want to upgrade. I have remote support enabled.

I want the update. But I only have version 1.03.3. Remote support is checked. Please let me know when it is ok to update.

Not able to access your router can you ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub please. 

I have version 1.03.4 and I want to upgrade

Hey, I'm on the old update, and would like to update!!!

My Netduma is running version 1.03.4 and I would like to upgrade. I have checked "allow access" via my settings.

I am currently running 1.03.3.  I have checked the allow access

• Administrators
BaconIsDelishus, on 12 Feb 2016 - 02:44 AM, said:
I am on 1.03.4, have the correct remote support option ticked, and would like to upgrade.

itisRam, on 12 Feb 2016 - 11:01 AM, said:
I am on version 1.03.3 and ready to upgrade this, also have the remote access option ticked. Can someone take care of it for me please?

Paul H, on 12 Feb 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:
Hello,
I have already posted but have not had a reply.
I am running version 1.03.3, I have remote access ticked and would like to upgrade.
Sorry for being impatient but this upgrade sounds great.

I replied saying we weren't able to access your router. Please ensure the R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub.

3rdEden, on 12 Feb 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:
I'm on  1.03.3 , remote support ticked and would love to receive the update. But I do wonder one thing. Why aren't our routers just auto upgrading or stating that  1.03.3 is the latest version when you look at the upgrade screen.

Will let you know when it's safe to upgrade. We removed the ability to auto upgrade as it was causing issues.