Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi All

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

kennyp

kennyp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 02:47 AM

Hi All

Thought i'd register with the forum and try to be part of the community. I've gone ahead and purchased an R1 (being delivered today) in the hope it will give me a better/smoother gaming experience. I'm based in Plymouth, UK and my ISP is Virgin Media 200/12. I tend to struggle to have consistent games whether it be call of duty, FiFA 18 or even Forza 7. I get quite a log of lag/stuttering issue's. I came across the R1 by accident when looking at a COD class setup video and was shocked by what the software in the R1 can do. I did my research via multiple video reviews of the R1 and also looking here on the forum. I should have no problems in configuring the router into my home network thanks to the excellent guides. Am i correct in saying that there are still issue's with the R1 and COD WW2? Anyway enough of me rambling on.

Cheers

Kenny

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,533 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

Hello and welcome to the forum.

When it arrives today remember to place your superhub into modem only mode and have all devices running through the netduma R1. In geo filter set your location manually to your location and enable cookies in misc settings.

Any further help we are always happy to help!

B.D

SzMsO7f.gif   x0ahK7Dt.jpg

kennyp

kennyp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Thanks Big Dog! I'm sure i'll be back for support sooner or later.

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 628 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Welcome Kenny and thanks for getting a Netduma R1! Let us know if you need any help getting setup. Otherwise, hope you love using it  :D

nunogsm

nunogsm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPortugal

welcome sir.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts

Welcome to the forum!

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationOuter Hebrides
Welcome to the forum!
The family that slays together stays together

kennyp

kennyp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hi All

Thanks for the welcome

Hello and welcome to the forum.

When it arrives today remember to place your superhub into modem only mode and have all devices running through the netduma R1. In geo filter set your location manually to your location and enable cookies in misc settings.

Any further help we are always happy to help!

B.D

Hi BD,
So the R1 arrived this afternoon, i've placed the SuperHub into Modem Mode and connected up all fine. I've read on the forum that the recommended setting for CoD WW2 is around 800-1000km, strict mode enabled and Ping Assist to 0ms. Can you clarify what setting these to actually does?

Thanks

Kenny

Alex49H

Alex49H

Netduma Cheerleader

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Local time: 06:47 PM
  • LocationUSA - Southern California

Hi Kenny and welcome to the Duma Army!!!!

Alex49H

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,533 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

Hi All

Thanks for the welcome

Hi BD,
So the R1 arrived this afternoon, i've placed the SuperHub into Modem Mode and connected up all fine. I've read on the forum that the recommended setting for CoD WW2 is around 800-1000km, strict mode enabled and Ping Assist to 0ms. Can you clarify what setting these to actually does?

Thanks

Kenny

800-100km will only connect you to games within that distance if strict mode is enabled. Ping assist when set to 0ms will be disabled as you are using distance as your filter but if it was set to 20ms it will find any games that are 20ms or below. Some users have their distance set to 0 and use ping assist exclusively to find game lobbies.

SzMsO7f.gif   x0ahK7Dt.jpg

N3CR0

N3CR0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Hola :)

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts
  • Local time: 09:47 PM
  • LocationUS - Michigan

Welcome to the forums

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users