Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to throw away $200

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Hayzer

Hayzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Im really disappointed on my purchase of this overpriced product that doesnt even work... I still continue to receive mad lag, Congestion Control is absolutely useless. Ive tried everything so it only pulls all the bandwidth onto my Xbox yet someone watches netflix in the house and its completely unplayable. Worst $200 Ive ever spent in my life. No improvements whatsoever. Hope you guys are having fun with my money.

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

argument-jedi-mindshitter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Local time: 03:19 PM

POPULAR

Then you set it up wrong. So if you ask for help, someone will gladly help you. Based on your older posts it seems as you have a horrible base ping and also have the Netduma plugged into another router which means you probably have people bypassing the Netduma's features making you lag.

If you would like a faster reply, please quote me.

Posted Image

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 2,600 posts
  • Local time: 08:19 PM
  • LocationLondon, UK

Congestion control works very well. If yours doesn't then either you're set up wrong or you have a problem with your line.

I haven't checked your older posts but I'm pretty sure the issue will be exactly what MoDBoX said.

Especially as you say that you've given all the bandwidth to your Xbox but someone watching Netflix still makes you lag.

(they can't be watching Netflix if they don't have any bandwidth).

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,581 posts

Im really disappointed on my purchase of this overpriced product that doesnt even work... I still continue to receive mad lag, Congestion Control is absolutely useless. Ive tried everything so it only pulls all the bandwidth onto my Xbox yet someone watches netflix in the house and its completely unplayable. Worst $200 Ive ever spent in my life. No improvements whatsoever. Hope you guys are having fun with my money.

We'd love to help you set up your Netduma correctly. We guarantee the best possible connection when you have the correct settings. Since you haven't got all of your devices running through the Netduma, your setup is incorrect and causing your Congestion Control features to not reach their potential. And unfortunately since your base ping and line have clear and major issues, you will not experience decent gaming no matter which router you choose to buy. I would recommend replacing your modem and Ethernet cables and potentially switching provider based on the results you have shown us.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,306 posts

From the last topic you made you didn't give us an update after Zennon's suggestion. How can we help you if we don't know if you're still experiencing an issue? If you engage with support then we can help.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

Hayzer

Hayzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

From the last topic you made you didn't give us an update after Zennon's suggestion. How can we help you if we don't know if you're still experiencing an issue? If you engage with support then we can help.

Hayzer

Hayzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Sorry but I'm just really frustrated you guys lost me completely right after that suggestion so I just gave up. I probably sound like a dumbass but I'm having a hard understanding how I can get a good ping.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,306 posts

Sorry but I'm just really frustrated you guys lost me completely right after that suggestion so I just gave up. I probably sound like a dumbass but I'm having a hard understanding how I can get a good ping.

If you don't understand a suggestion that has been made just let us know and we can rephrase/clarify. Respond to your other thread and we can go from there :)

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 2,600 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I deleted all the squabbling posts from this thread.

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,714 posts
  • Local time: 03:19 PM
  • LocationUS - Michigan

I deleted all the squabbling posts from this thread.

Buzzkill... ;)

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

mountainping

mountainping

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Local time: 09:19 PM
Hayzer, quick question, which modem do you have? Please provide with the brand of modem and model number. And I will look up the hardware of that device to see if your problem might be due to the modem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users