Problem after problem after problem after....

Ever since I've owned the Netduma , I've had constant issues every time I've used it.
I'm always getting shot around corners , always dying to lag , everything screws me over.

I've followed settings , guides , advice etc , nothing works!
I'm trying so hard not to blame the Netduma , but it's supposed to help me right?

Not going to lie , feeling extreme buyers remorse after purchasing the R1 , haven't honestly had a moment where I've said 'Wow! The netduma is helping me!'.
I could've bought a controller mod kit and just rapid-fired / got better results...

I'm always being kicked off PSN because of the netduma , applications always close after 15 minutes (always mid game and f*ck me over)
'The following applications will close in 15 minutes , unable to connect to the playstation network'.

Secondly , my internet speed is pretty crappy , I have no idea what settings I should have 'Download' and 'Upload' on.
4838263449.png

Can anyone help rid me of this buyers remorse? I'm trying to justify this purchase and I'm having trouble doing so...

Ever since I've owned the Netduma , I've had constant issues every time I've used it.

I'm always getting shot around corners , always dying to lag , everything screws me over.

I'm trying so hard not to blame the Netduma , but it's supposed to help me right?

Not going to lie , feeling extreme buyers remorse after purchasing the R1 , haven't honestly had a moment where I've said 'Wow! The netduma is helping me!'.

I could've bought a controller mod kit and just rapid-fired / got better results...

I'm always being kicked off PSN because of the netduma , applications always close after 15 minutes (always mid game and f*ck me over)

'The following applications will close in 15 minutes , unable to connect to the playstation network'.

Secondly , my internet speed is pretty crappy , I have no idea what settings I should have 'Download' and 'Upload' on.

4838263449.png

Can anyone help rid me of this buyers remorse? I'm trying to justify this purchase and I'm having trouble doing so...

you still gotta be decent at the game its not gonna give you god mode. the purpose of the duma is to find better ping games and stop local congestion. you have a .8 upload which isnt alot and your download speed is really low as well have you ever considered finding another isp

you still gotta be decent at the game its not gonna give you god mode. the purpose of the duma is to find better ping games and stop local congestion. you have a .8 upload which isnt alot and your download speed is really low as well have you ever considered finding another isp

Skill isn't based on connection speeds , it's not like you need google fiber to play cod.

I've been playing since blackops 1 , never had as many issues until now.

Secondly , what do you mean 'I'm sure you're having trouble connecting to PSN with that speed'.

That's not even the issue here , Netduma is kicking me off of PSN, internet speed is irrelevant.

Anyways , it's a router problem , I don't run in to any network connection issues when using my manufacturers router.

Last but not least , I'm always being forced to play on a dedi with 300ms ping yet P2P I get 30-40ms games and 4 bar.

As an Aussie I HAVE HAD great games with my Netduma since buying it in December 2014.

I own 2 x Netgear R7000 routers, routers that some people claim are great for gaming (BS).

If you're following all the guides and advice and nothing works, you'll need to look at why nothing works, at first glance, you're upload isn't good, putting your connection at the forefront of the problems. Also an ADSL connection with 25ms ping (as in your speedtest) to Brisbane and assuming you're from Brisbane is on the high side.

Look at a new ISP, maybe even getting cable/ADSL 2+ or some NBN plan which offers lower ping and a better upload speed, that will improve your game(s).

Skill isn't based on connection speeds , it's not like you need google fiber to play cod.

I've been playing since blackops 1 , never had as many issues until now.

Secondly , what do you mean 'I'm sure you're having trouble connecting to PSN with that speed'.

That's not even the issue here , Netduma is kicking me off of PSN, internet speed is irrelevant.

Anyways , it's a router problem , I don't run in to any network connection issues when using my manufacturers router.

Last but not least , I'm always being forced to play on a dedi with 300ms ping yet P2P I get 30-40ms games and 4 bar.

bo3 just came out and all cods have problems when they first come out. the netduma has never kicked me off xbox live i been using the router for months. all their games have a built in delay and bo3 just happens to have a similar delay like bo2 

Ookla speed tests are in a way 'kind'. My tests there say my ping is 7-8ms when in actual fact its between 15-22. Neither do they do quality tests. Only their sister site does a quality measurement. That test was straight throughput (one download) so it doesn't give you a very accurate result.

Asentrix may have enough upload speed to game but maybe not the bandwidth, plus we don't know if this reading fluctuates. I reckon thats why you're being booted off psn.

The only upload I know that low is my cousins and he can't even connect to the bo3 servers on most occasions, never mind get a game.

When no one else had devices connected, his connection was like butter on AW, I loved it but bo3 is completely the opposite.

I just don't like the fact that almost every post recently about Black Ops 3, in some way or another, has the words 'regretting buying the Netduma' or something similar hinting that its the Duma's fault and 'this operation is run by kids' ?

Half of you never even read the posts by fraser to 'post your BO3 problems here' as it was on going. Thats why were here answering another seperate bs 'its the Netduma's fault' post.

If there was never anything wrong with your manuafacturers router Asentrix, then why did you stop using it ?

As an Aussie I HAVE HAD great games with my Netduma since buying it in December 2014.

I own 2 x Netgear R7000 routers, routers that some people claim are great for gaming (BS).

If you're following all the guides and advice and nothing works, you'll need to look at why nothing works, at first glance, you're upload isn't good, putting your connection at the forefront of the problems. Also an ADSL connection with 25ms ping (as in your speedtest) to Brisbane and assuming you're from Brisbane is on the high side.

Look at a new ISP, maybe even getting cable/ADSL 2+ or some NBN plan which offers lower ping and a better upload speed, that will improve your game(s).

I'm currently using ADSL2+ , the internet speed isn't an issue.

bo3 just came out and all cods have problems when they first come out. the netduma has never kicked me off xbox live i been using the router for months. all their games have a built in delay and bo3 just happens to have a similar delay like bo2 

When the geo-filter is active , it blocks the playstation licensing server and kicks you offline

I'm currently using ADSL2+ , the internet speed isn't an issue.

When the geo-filter is active , it blocks the playstation licensing server and kicks you offline

.8M upload is useable but it's definitely not great. 

What do you mean it blocks the playstation licensing server? I've been using the Netduma for months and it just seemed to work with PSN without issues. 

(I am in Sydney).

Can you provide more details of your setup?, also if you plug in your old router do you see a difference in throughput? 

FYI: I've set mine up just following the setup guide, without setting up any DMZ or port forwarding, and IPv6 is disabled. So, very straightforward and automatic.

I've never been kicked out of PSN, not once. 

Sound like you need the duma set up correctly. You need a one to one I a willing to set it up for you but the time difference looks like it may be a factor in this.

I will be around until 2pm GMT then 4pm gmt to 11pm GMT if you PM me. I am setting off for work very soon but I work with computers so I have access to the net all day from work to help you.

4838263449.png

I just made a post which kind of makes the same points you make. I have ADSL2+ too, and Ive been having a terrible time playing COD online with it. If I was going to recommend ADSL2+ to somebody I would first make sure that they arent gamers because century link ADSL2+ is awful for gaming. And they are often times unwilling to help answer questions about your settings, and they dont hardly ever admit that they have a problem on their end, when it could very well be their services dong us over. But I feel you man, good luck fighting this up hill battle. And try putting your sliders back to 100% if you want your connection to be at its peak, and make sure to use the network monitor. Also check to make sure your speeds that you input to your netduma in the bandwidth control are correct. And dont forget to check all your devices and their task managers to make sure they arent killing your bandwidth. As for PSN I have no experience with that issue so I cant advise. Make sure your PS4's internet is setup correctly, maybe do a factory reset of its settings.

I just made a post which kind of makes the same points you make. I have ADSL2+ too, and Ive been having a terrible time playing COD online with it. If I was going to recommend ADSL2+ to somebody I would first make sure that they arent gamers because century link ADSL2+ is awful for gaming. And they are often times unwilling to help answer questions about your settings, and they dont hardly ever admit that they have a problem on their end, when it could very well be their services dong us over. But I feel you man, good luck fighting this up hill battle. And try putting your sliders back to 100% if you want your connection to be at its peak, and make sure to use the network monitor. Also check to make sure your speeds that you input to your netduma in the bandwidth control are correct. And dont forget to check all your devices and their task managers to make sure they arent killing your bandwidth. As for PSN I have no experience with that issue so I cant advise. Make sure your PS4's internet is setup correctly, maybe do a factory reset of its settings.

oh and make sure ALL of your devices are connected to your net duma so it can get rid of their congestion too.

its not enough for a decent experience thats like playing off your phones 3g wifi

Before I switched to fibre I had 1.1 upload which is hardly any difference to what he has now and it's more than enough for online gaming believe me I had less bullshit moments on adsl than I do have on fibre

with speeds like that im sure you will have problems connecting to psn

Thats enough to play COD, COD does not use that much bandwidth.  To the O.P, have you tried moving your location.  I am based in UK and when I have my home location set in the UK I more often than not have bad lag, when I put my location into mainland europe I have better games...maybe because the lag comp is assisting me since it thinks I am miles away from where I really am. Also try putting ur upload/download sliders to 70%.

But as kevo said the router can't give you 'god' mode, you'll still have some games where ur lagging behind the other team.

Sound like you need the duma set up correctly. You need a one to one I a willing to set it up for you but the time difference looks like it may be a factor in this.

I will be around until 2pm GMT then 4pm gmt to 11pm GMT if you PM me. I am setting off for work very soon but I work with computers so I have access to the net all day from work to help you.

Would definitely appreciate the help , I'm out of ideas on what to do.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my TV details , thanks!

I too have been finding myself disconnected from PSN recently. I have a 65 down / 5 up / 35ms connection and it seems to be caused from having bleeding edge cloud and strict mode enabled.

Also note, when you're paired with users geographically close, they too will have a good connection and be just as good as you.

Archived