netduma lags alot

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titanfall was developed by the guys who developed Call of Duty Modern Warfare (COD4) and Modern Warfare 2, these guys know a thing or three about netcode.

​I never purchased this on console as I got it real cheap for PC via Origins Mexico store (VPN), that game ran smooth as, but sadly it died off fast, it may be different on Xbox 360 and Xbox One however.

@ Dillinger, the reason I bought this was because Duma has a video showing AW......

Nobodys angry :) this is a calm and relaxed place.

See Z's post above.

I'm making a statement based on the whole of the forum over the past 3 plus months, not at you and any one person specifically.  If you took it that way, I'd say you might be taking things here a bit personal.  No one here is looking to run anyone off, in fact most of the community will gladly jump in a new thread and try to assist.

My point, quite simply, is this:

One single game is one sample population for your data

A second game is only adding ONE MORE SAMPLE.

Now IF the sample in question (Advanced Warfare) was being played by 7.56 million people every day, you could make an argument that the count of the players would constitute a larger "weighting" of that one sample population.

That is not the case with Advanced Warfare.  In fact, it's quite the opposite.  The game was fragmented, upon release, across (4) platforms.  Even at the height of it's popularity, which was probably Dec/Jan, though maybe through March and CoD champs, people were complaining about two things with this game, regardless of platform:

• Skill Based Match Making
  • Connection / Hit Detection

The first one ran people off and the second one didn't help the cause for those that stayed.  If you look at streaming numbers for a service like Twitch, the only ones playing AW are the people getting paid to play it.  The part time streamers and the people who have YT channels and stream once a week, are playing other games.

The game just didn't have legs.  There are countless reasons why, but my personal belief is that it came out a year too early.  If the transition was Ghosts > BO3 > AW, I think the community would have been better able to adapt.

If you know 30 people who play it and love it, that's fantastic.  Arrange a game night.  Try to get a couple of local buddies, put them in your circle of approved hosts and try to pull some local host games, see if that helps.

I don't happen to know many people still playing it.  I work in software, so my ENTIRE team is both younger than me and seriously into gaming.  Several have bought the Duma, along with controllers and Xim devices and a host of things for gaming, but none of them are playing AW.  Just to verify, I just did a call to the team, here were the responses:

Me - Question for you guys - Anyone still playing AW (Advanced Warfare)

Dev 1 (Lead) - Why?

Dev 2 - Nope  <==== (Destiny guy)

QS 1 - Negative.  #Hunter4life    <===(Destiny guy)

Dev 3 - Haven't put that disc in since we had snow

QS 2 - Never bought it 

QS 3 - Played a weekend tourney in June, got destroyed and that was that.

Sub 1 - Never got that game, on Destiny nightly

Sub 2 - Same, I'm playing Taken King

Sub 3 - I play BF, I like it better

You get the point.  This is just one office, but the guys here are pretty gamer heavy.  One of them runs a Destiny blog that gets a lot of traffic and has been shouted out by one of the developers, so they aren't casuals.

Compounding that:  The Dedicated Server Issue

We all drank that kool-aid exposed by our favorite YouTuber.  "When we get dedicated servers, all of our problems will go away."

ejEIShR.png

Dedicated servers have now become the new problem for those that know.  A member here, Kevo, is a fantastic CoD player.  Check him out sometime, the dude is good.  He lives on the East Coast and continually gets tagged to the Seattle Dedicated Server.  As seen here:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/7622-dedicated-servers/

People that are being armed with the information that the Duma software provides have been noticing it too.  They are posting on Reddit and other places:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/3f0buq/experiencing_lag_it_might_not_be_you_dedicated/

The reason I bring this is up is to further explain my position that ONE SAMPLE POPULATION (AW) isn't enough to be able to effectively judge whether you are getting the benefits or not.

The AW Sample is corrupt.  Between the problems with the dedis and the problems with this being SHG's first offering, it just IS NOT a stable sample.

If you bought it for AW and AW is the greatest game you have ever played, I would recommend waiting until it gets moved OFF dedicated servers, which will probably be late October or early November.

Once AW moves to P2P hosting, PURELY MY BET, there are going to be a lot more people enjoying the connections of that game in a P2P environment.

While this may not help your specific problem or gripe right now, it's the truth.  The AW sample isn't stable RIGHT NOW.  

Heres a question anyone play titanfall? I haven't in a long time and don't remember that game having any lag at all. Do people still play this? Whats your settings like?

Titanfall is my jam.  Unfortunately it's all dedicated servers.  The player base has dropped way off, but I still play all the time. I believe they have reduced the number of servers they're using to support Titanfall. The games are mixed regarding ping.  Most of the time TF will tell me I'm pinging 30-50 on the East Coast data center, but when you take a look at the geofilter map, you're attached to a server bank in Seattle for matchmaking then when you get into a game you're on a server in Oklahoma. Back in the beginning I was getting 19- 22ms  (lowest was 11ms) ping to the East Coast Data centers, but I didn't have a duma then and wasn't able to see on the map where the server actually was. Then if I want to get mad, I'll do a trace route and see 14-16 hops all across the country.  It's been about a month since I actually had an east coast data center  (which are in maryland, I believe) Those games ruled seriously.  There are some laggy moments, but I think it's mostly due to XB Live's servers.  So your only real options are compensation sliders, distribution flower, and blocking any other things on your network which may introduce spikes.  If you see me online let's hook up and play. Matches are always better if you have a couple people linked up!  We can sync up and maybe try a few different settings to see what works best

@dillinger is aw F'd up? Hell yea it is. Do I think its a good game? Yes when it works. Currently i only have time to put into this current game, i wish I had more time.like I said before I believe Im being lag comped to death right now. Perhaps as you said when p2p happens maybe it will play better but honestly whos gonna play aw when bo3 comes out? The disc is either going to b a frisbee, a coaster or a dog toy on that day.. Right now though none of this helps me. Yes my sample size is small but its all I got. Wanna buy me some games?lol. Appreciate your input greatly along with everyone else.

@dillinger is aw F'd up? Hell yea it is. Do I think its a good game? Yes when it works. Currently i only have time to put into this current game, i wish I had more time.like I said before I believe Im being lag comped to death right now. Perhaps as you said when p2p happens maybe it will play better but honestly whos gonna play aw when bo3 comes out? The disc is either going to b a frisbee, a coaster or a dog toy on that day.. Right now though none of this helps me. Yes my sample size is small but its all I got. Wanna buy me some games?lol. Appreciate your input greatly along with everyone else.

What machine you got?  It would be a hell of a test for a forum thread and I love good threads that stay active and incite discussion.

If we can find a game that we know others here have good settings and don't have the AW dedi to deal with, I will totally send you a game to try if you would be up for a dual thread.

PM me and let's work out the details

Major, i would like that. I usually only play when the kids are asleep, besides the wife might kill me if Im gamming while they r running around. I'm usually on after 9pm est

Roger that. I usually play late as well.  I'll keep a lookout for you.  I just joined up with a group that plays on Tuesday nights starting at 10pm. I found them on the respawn forum.  If you're interested let me know.  I had a blast with them.   We started out with some Variety Pack games, then when it got too late and we couldn't get a match we switched to Attrition. I played till midnight others stayed on.  I have AW too if you want to give it a go.  

Ok so during the afternoon if Im able to play I have been puting my congestion sliders to 11%. Geo filter on 1946 miles, home in chicago and it works very well though you still have that one person with really crappy internet who is a bullet sponge. If anyone is reading this and trys it be sure to put your sliders back when done.

Yea this worked till the kiddies got home from school with their broke wifi connection

Do you mean Wifi drop outs on the netduma ? if so un-tick the wifi work around in misc settings.

Nono I'm wired I meant all the kids or bullet sponges with wifi I was playing

About the best you can do is when they are host, rate their host low so they don't get it again when you are in the lobby.

I try to rate every good host I play on, so I have a decent library of "good" hosts for the game/Duma combination to choose for the next lobby.  When I got back on PS3 after a hiatus, I had to really concentrate on rating good lobbies as I had like (2).  Now I have about 30-40 and I usually get a dashed circle for host, which is all good with me.  :D

Machine? Xbone?

Hmmm, I don't know of many games on Xbone right now that aren't being run on dedi's is the only problem.  Titanfall I think had them, AW is still on them for another month or two and isn't Battlefield's big claim is that they have dedi's AND you can rent your own?

Anyone know of any XBONE games that Secret can play effectively with the Duma?  Rocket League maybe?  

If you can not rate that is a dedicated server.

And if it's in Seattle, you have a better chance of hurling insults at your opponent as opposed to shooting them.  That dedi is a black hole filled with bullets.   :angry:

So ok maybe I'm asking the wrong question here. What game do I need to own to feel the "duma" effect? Dillinger? Cause it ain't ghost or AW. Please tell me? I need to know this. What game is it? Sorry getting frustrated again.....

Ghosts plays really well for me as does mw 1,2,3 Bops 1,2,3.

No screen judder nice smooth gameplay.

I can have bad games if I just relax and expect to do well.

I have to get the adrenaline pumping consentrate and get lost in the game world, It is me that plays well the duma just stops me from lagging and juddering so I can get lost and enjoy it.

So ok maybe I'm asking the wrong question here. What game do I need to own to feel the "duma" effect? Dillinger? Cause it ain't ghost or AW. Please tell me? I need to know this. What game is it? Sorry getting frustrated again.....

Don't forget the duma is there to get you local low host games which it does amazing it's the fact everyone else in the game is probably connecting from all over the world which last night's peer ping feature proved this to me,one game ok next game shockingly bad like playing in an earthquake,BO3 with the local game feature in game plus then having the duma to monitor and control this I can see it being great,be patient mate not too long now

Archived