dedicated servers

kevo

why is it on cod im always playing on servers or players that are just too far from me.  no matter what time of the day it is. im always either on seattle server or the new jersey severs those are way outta my reach and no their not in the wrong location their in the correct location. why cant i play on the florida or georgia server.I just wanna game in my area but this game forces me to play laggy servers where im always behind everybody. i really need this update to help with the jitter and the lag spikes its getting frustrating playing this game and always watching people skip across the map and kill me. its really throwing off my aim while playing when everybody is always lagging.My character feels like he is running in quicksand i can feel the lag comp screwing me over.I just wanna game in peace without any b.s thats all i want 

https://gyazo.com/bd9f71a793e042c677eb2d6b6284bf36check the pic out i had it set to about 900 km  and still got on this crappy server before you say its in the wrong location its the right one. now from the geo filter the server is 2,161 miles from my location on the map.Now i google how far is alabama from seattle and its says 2,609 miles its gotta be something to get me off these horrible servers.ive tried moving my location i get the same results on advanced warfare and on the bo3 beta its always seattle or new jersey

A lot of it might have to do how your ISP routes your packets to and from whatever servers / hosts?

I know the "Trace Route" function on the Duma is outdated, but run it just to get an idea of where your packets are going during a game.

Mine (used to) go up into Canada, down back through Newfoundland, down to Georgia and then back up to NYC. That's why playing on the NYC server is terrible, for me.

This is why I moved my Home Location to Kansas City. I did another Trace Route and it is almost a direct line going west. Same with the Seattle Server. It's not just the hops, or speed. It's basic math if you go in a straight line it will take less time than if you ping pong all over the place, even doubling back like in my original scenario.

If none of this helps, schedule a one on one with Ian, Fraser, or somebody else on the Duma team who may be able to adjust your settings in real time?

Kevo Just a quick question are you using strict mode or these was with strict off?

How does this part of you Gui looks like  does it say enable or disable under the selected service for geofilter?

And also 2 steps form the wiki can you please follow them in order

it could be the Anti-cheat Feature.

1.Turn off your Console for two minutes (until the dormant hosts disappear) then load the game back up. Try searching for a game without changing the GeoFilter distance.

If you carry on connecting to servers that are outside of your GeoFilter, carry on though these steps.

2. Restart the Netduma.

Settings » Miscellaneous » Restart

Try searching for a game now,

Kevo Just a quick question are you using strict mode or these was with strict off?

How does this part of you Gui looks like  does it say enable or disable under the selected service for geofilter?

And also 2 steps form the wiki can you please follow them in order

it could be the Anti-cheat Feature.

1.Turn off your Console for two minutes (until the dormant hosts disappear) then load the game back up. Try searching for a game without changing the GeoFilter distance.

If you carry on connecting to servers that are outside of your GeoFilter, carry on though these steps.

2. Restart the Netduma.

Settings » Miscellaneous » Restart

Try searching for a game now,

done all this so many times

What are you pinging to these servers?

For older games, my theory is they'll eventually shut off servers and probably just keep East & West coast up.

i shouldnt be pinging to seattle server with a 30 to 40 ms ping seattle is over 2000 miles or 3000km from alabama. the servers are really bad for me 

What game? AW?

The Beta was almost exclusively on Seattle for me,my backyard, but I couldn't get off it to save my life. When I did, through luck, I got Kansas city or LA with no better results.

i shouldnt be pinging to seattle server with a 30 to 40 ms ping seattle is over 2000 miles or 3000km from alabama. the servers are really bad for me 

It's not Seattle then, that number would be closer to 80 ms.  I'm California and I hit Seattle with 40 ms.  There were a ton of 15 ms servers in Seattle during the BO3 beta that I reported in the "incorrect location" section since these were likely in Santa Cruz or San Jose much closer to me.

BTW, try pingtest.net and see where 40ms takes you.  I'm guessing north maybe Chicago =/

But yeah, I would say you are definitely getting the shaft though as when I connect to the Seattle servers with 40ms it's bad news bear for me.  1st 2 months the game AW was out I was hitting the Cali server and all was good until they took it down from my guess.

Kevo:

You're probably pinging the Dallas, Chicago or possibly NYC server(s) just by virtue of where Alabama is in relation to the East Coast dedis.

There should be one in (central) Florida, too, if memory serves me and they didn't take it down?

Like I said in another thread, try moving your Home Location to one of the known servers and see what kind of performance you get. For

comparison, move your HL to Seattle, or even L.A., or closer yet, Dallas. Ping them with the Duma and see how close (or far)

you are and then play a few games to see which ones give you the best response in-game.

That's the only way to do it (trial and error) because of how the internet is routed and everything else that can and does happen between your

Xbox and the servers connection.

Archived