netduma lags alot

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Secret, just from looking at you're geo size - it looks rather large and could be connecting to servers much further away.   I'm from the East Coast as well and make sure to stay off the Florida server due to low player count.   If you hit that server you'll be playing with a lot of people from much further south into possible South America, and those games will never play good for you.  The Atlanta server doesn't play as well anymore either. 

I would try turning your ping assist off so that you only connect with people inside your geo filter.  And move your home location so that you get more in land without having to expand the geo so wide.   I played with my geo to see what might work for you, and think it would help if you moved your home location to the western Pennsylvania border at the bottom.  Then set a radius of about 576 miles.  That would give you most of what you try to  play on now and keep you off the far south dedi's.   I play in that exact range and have no problems at all, so i hope it helps you :)    Keep in mind though that you will still have good games, and bad games.  If people further out connect to that dedi it can still affect your game and make you feel behind, there's nothing that can be done about that with the small player base of AW right now.  Good luck and hope that helps  :)

Jeff thanks for commenting, yes I started with the geo filter much smaller and closert to my home, changing how large didnt seem to make a difference , actually nothing seems to be working. I will try all of your suggestions though because Id hate to throw 200 dollars away. Thanks again

I just went back and caught your internet speeds, after missing that post earlier.  You've probably already done this, but make sure those speeds are input correctly into your bandwidth and use the Reactive setting for the faster speeds.  A lot of people set their congestion bars at 70/70.  I run your exact speeds also and have my bars set at 100/100.  70/70 is supposed to help with lag and i think it helps a lot of people with lower connections but don't feel like i need it at my speeds.  It couldn't hurt trying it both ways and seeing what works for you, also.   

After checking my other settings, i also have Deep Packet Processing unchecked in Miscellaneous and IPv6 unchecked under Lan and Wan.  I don't remember what these do only that i read some other people had done this in the past when trying to figure out how to optimize things.  Again, i hope that some of this helps.  Games can be bad at times due to the servers and the people from further out bogging it down, but i wouldn't trade my duma in at all.  There's no way to get rid of 100% lag all the time but the Duma definitely helps, especially with the ability to control where you play.  I hope you find the same enjoyment in it after getting things worked out.  And there are some much more knowledgable people such as Fraser who can help if you catch them early in the day, as they are in the UK.

AW is MOSTLY currently running on Dedi's.  On the Xbox side, there are a couple of server banks (Seattle specifically) where problems were diagnosed early by a few team members here, but people have seen results on AW on Xbox outside of the dedi's.  

This picture shows you connected to the Seattle dedicated server bank.  While your ping graphs are showing an excellent connection, not packet loss and a great ping, you are connecting to the Seattle dedicated server.  If you are connecting to this dedicated server with regularity, you are going to experience the same bullet sponging ether that several other members have posted about with this specific server bank, on and with AW Specifically.

If what you are describing is "lag/laggy" is the packet loss that has been diagnosed by several other members here, you have come to the same conclusion.  AW + the Seattle dedicated server bank = a terrible time.

It was the same for the Black Ops 3 Beta for two of the 5 days.  Treyarch made a patch on Friday morning and another one on Saturday that had the demo playable, but I am still concerned with what we have seen being proven as lost packets ONCE our signals reach the dedicated servers in Seattle.

I'm sorry man, but the Netduma has merely exposed the problem here.  See if you can get a lobby playing in Kansas City or there on the East Coast and see if what you are describing as "lag" happens or if your game is different.  

If you connect elsewhere and have a better experience, that reinforces the theory that there is something wrong with the Seattle bank.

Jeff I have been testing the congestion control sliders at 100% and 70% and at 70% it stops router buffer bloat so I suggest to you and everyone else to use 70% even if no one is using your network at the time.

Okay Zennon, thanks.   :)   I really haven't noticed a difference and just attributed it to quicker speeds so just ran it at 100.   Maybe it was just taking longer to build?  Will change it up today and give it a fair try for a while and see what happens.  If it turns out to make me a stud i'll send you flowers :wub:  ;)

Jeff, I had tried that but can't hurt to try again.

Dillinger that is funny what you said about Bo3 the first two days with my old router it worked great then was unplayable after that.

Frasser Ill take another day off and see if I can get intouch with you, should I black list that server? I was also told by someone the philly server was bad and yet another person told me to stay away from Florida. Should I block all the dedi?

Okay Zennon, thanks.   :)   I really haven't noticed a difference and just attributed it to quicker speeds so just ran it at 100.   Maybe it was just taking longer to build?  Will change it up today and give it a fair try for a while and see what happens.  If it turns out to make me a stud i'll send you flowers :wub:  ;)

I will hold you to that mate ;)

All servers can be hit or miss, i only recommend trying to avoid Florida because of it's distance to you.  You're about 2 states up from me and i avoid it to avoid playing with half of mexico and south america which i get when it's in my geo radius.  Optimally you want the servers closest to you, but again they can still play hit or miss at times.  I think with the geo radius i gave you that should include about  4-5 servers you could get put on.  In a game with a big population i would shrink that down to the 1-2 closest to you, but with low player population it needs to be a little big to find rooms.

Did you get to try it with the new location and by turning ping assist to 0 yet?

I just went back and noticed you're on the xbox one.  That could have a little do with it and you're results may vary from mine.  While AW has a low player count on all systems.  The player count on the xbox live is not as big as the player count on the PS4.  I used to play on the Xbone and am much happier with the results on the PS4.   Player population is a huge factor on getting into rooms and good games.

Jeff I haven't tried anything since last night, I'm going to have to wait till after I put the kids to sleep tonight to try any of this. On another note you said you have ps4. I was thinking of trading one of my xbones and getting a ps4. What do you think connection wise is better, xbone or ps4?

K.  thought maybe you tried and it didn't help.  Hopefully that helps somewhat tonight  :) .  I originally went to back to the playstation for the exclusives; like what they offer more than xbox.  But after playing AW up to prestige 14, i made the switch and immediately thought the ps4 connections were better.   Have put a lot of time into AW on both systems and am much happier on PS.  Also know a few other guys who made the switch that think the PS plays better.  It probably has to do with more PS units sold which means more people to play against.  With competitive moving to the PS i imagine that will add to an even bigger population as that crowd moves over.

You are not annoying people asking for help in your own thread, It looks like you might of been going into threads and just saying the Netduma does not work which might of upset the apple cart in those threads

Well first impressions of the forum are looking like if I don't praise the product I'm not to be here. There are some very nice people here though that are trying. Anyway is there a way to delete this thread? I will figure something out.

You have got the wrong idea there, we want to help you get this set up correctly.

I can tell you my set up

310km geo filter over the uk, strict on

Ping assist set to 0 so it is off so I only connect inside the geo

My broadband speeds typed into set bandwidth

My congestion control sliders set to 70% each way.

Bleeding edge cloud ticked in misc settings.

I do not play advanced warfare as it is a mess of a game.

Archived