Fixed CPU usage spike issue coming next week.

Hell one of the suggestions I read is to get a laptop cooling fan (if you have one) to place under the thing to keep it cool so it runs better because its so hot.  I’d prefer not having to order one

10 hours ago, Megatf said:

Hell one of the suggestions I read is to get a laptop cooling fan (if you have one) to place under the thing to keep it cool so it runs better because its so hot.  I’d prefer not having to order one

Buy Noctua 🙂 or go too local Recyling and look at the trash 🙂

In Germany we have Sperrmüll or Kleinanzeigen.

For Free you can have a lot of Coolers.

selbstklebende-kuehlrippen-passend-fuer-nema17-stepper-motor-raise3d.jpg.1ed09611cc86524dadf1710e8881edc2.jpg

Like this or look at fcc for pictures. Before you buy:

https://fccid.io/2AR6U-R3

You can tune your R3 but you lost your Warranty 🙂

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Megatf said:

The fix is coming next week and the CPU will be much lower then

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The fix is coming next week and the CPU will be much lower then

Then its done.

A little delay is better then a broken update. 😀

I think is good, the developer say "we have a bug and a soulution".

I have always used (see picture) this for all my routers works really good, place it right under the middle even on the lowest setting keeps the router really cold even in the summer.

Amazon about 15 € $ £ all the same 😂

Screenshot_20240121_155435_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.276c3409082b22ca2dfcf2cc26d90f75.jpg

5 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@FairypusherMan's a drama queen let him cook 😂

You are literally the most childish and non-technically astute poster on this entire forum.  This is why you post constantly and are ignored by everyone.  If we all see this, then it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out Netduma posters see this whenever you follow them around to brown nose every comment they make.

I did not attack them as individuals or the company, nor did I attack the decision to delay another week on this issue.  I expressed a genuine concern and communicated a worry about the overheating and what someone suggested doing.  This is not dramatic, but I can go to your post history and find 100’s of unproductive comments attacking anyone expressing concern or frustration.  

The way you communicate does not make Netduma look better.

Honestly I only put the laptop cooling pad under it just to test it out. It honestly solved my intermittent Internet drops. The other issues I can wait for an update but I can't have the Internet just drop. It's brand new hardware/software for NetDuma so it's all trial and error right now. 

@Megatf

I guess no one thought you what sarcasm mean't in life and I don't see you doing much than blabbering about an issue everyone's already aware off for some individuals the overheating issue has never been fixed it more about the area they live upon that affects there router not much they can do about the ventilation except add a fan or have a better ergonomics but they didn't take that into account. As I did previously give them some feedback on that particular issue before the R3 was launched.

Also I do as I wish and I don't see were I am being unhelpful maybe in some cases sure but majority of the time I am helpful in my opinion if I wasn't I believe I would've been banned a long time ago and saying 100's is what I would call over dramatic though if you'd like to stock me your welcome to I got nothing to hide 😂

22 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Megatf

I guess no one thought you what sarcasm mean't in life and I don't see you doing much than blabbering about an issue everyone's already aware off for some individuals the overheating issue has never been fixed it more about the area they live upon that affects there router not much they can do about the ventilation except add a fan or have a better ergonomics but they didn't take that into account. As I did previously give them some feedback on that particular issue before the R3 was launched.

Also I do as I wish and I don't see were I am being unhelpful maybe in some cases sure but majority of the time I am helpful in my opinion if I wasn't I believe I would've been banned a long time ago and saying 100's is what I would call over dramatic though if you'd like to stock me your welcome to I got nothing to hide 😂

Its just weird place to act like you do.  This is a router forum, not the local watering hole.  Nobody cares about your misplaced sarcasm.  

Hi Team,

i've bought a R3 for my friend and configured it today as he will not be able to use LAN connections and desperately needs QoS so that his ping won't spike.
His CPU2 is at 95% (using version 4.0.23) without us doing anything. The CPU Fix is not out yet, or came it with the 4.0.23 version?

Kind Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
7 hours ago, mcallisterbr69 said:

The R3 still has a CPU @ 100% my core  0, 1 & 2 are spike from 50% to 100% then go's back to normal after a restart......

Do a factory reset, there has been a lot of changes

I have done two factory reset still dose it after about 8 to 12 hour later and I can tell when it's going to do it becasue it on the wall next to my desk and the RGB on the routers lags really bad almost stops moving then, If I check CPU it's doing the 50% then jumps too 100% and keep doing that till a restart the router then fine for another 8 to12 hours again....

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mcallisterbr69 said:

I have done two factory reset still dose it after about 8 to 12 hour later and I can tell when it's going to do it becasue it on the wall next to my desk and the RGB on the routers lags really bad almost stops moving then, If I check CPU it's doing the 50% then jumps too 100% and keep doing that till a restart the router then fine for another 8 to12 hours again....

It will fluctuate based on usage, it won't prevent it ever going to 100% if that's what the router needs but if you use the mobile app to view the interface it's been reported that keeps the CPU down more

I understand that the CPU usage is going to hit 100% here and there but my problem is when it starts do it… The RGB on the router lags almost stop moving and after it does this it take me like 10 minutes to login to the router and the internet for every device pretty much stops working…. Don’t take me the wrong way you guys are doing a good job the v4.0.41 is working better than the v4.0.23…. There just something odd happening…. It may be a problem that some Starlink users have….

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, mcallisterbr69 said:

I understand that the CPU usage is going to hit 100% here and there but my problem is when it starts do it… The RGB on the router lags almost stop moving and after it does this it take me like 10 minutes to login to the router and the internet for every device pretty much stops working…. Don’t take me the wrong way you guys are doing a good job the v4.0.41 is working better than the v4.0.23…. There just something odd happening…. It may be a problem that some Starlink users have….

When that happens if you could get the log from the interface that would really help to identify the cause

• 1 month later...