Been Using Netduma R3 for 3 Days, Nuke three times ! (Setting Inside)

Chaiyoabc

This router has good and bad. I will be honest with this. 

My setting: 

AIS Fibre 1000/1000 

Server: Singapore (ping 38)

How I setup: As image below 

image.thumb.png.f87d95ff33d35a9fc1b941f946531a42.png

AIS ISP Router Connected to Netduma R3 

in AIS ISP Router I DMZed to Netduma Internal IP. So my connection won't get double NAT 

in Netduma: 

GEO Filter: Make sure to use Steady Ping. It adds ping but somehow it plays better. No instant killed 

image.thumb.png.199d31a5ae0de960c0c864df7aabb3d9.png

Smartboost: I turned off 

image.thumb.png.7de7b5df09bd2c7d8802b744b3062465.png

I am being honest. it is buggy and unreliable. If you have gigabits connection. Don't use it. Now it categorizes CoD as 'unknown' packets. and it prioritize something else that can cause your hit detection to be so much delay. 

Other than that, it is good. Hardware is good and capable of handling 1000 mbps 

Upnp turn ON 

No Port Forwarding, No DMZ 

Make sure to reserve your console IP for static 

Important: Without QoS, it is the best to keep your connection un-touch. If possible, try to be the ONLY device in netduma. literally only one. now it is gonna be ONLY CoD packets in your entire network.

I know it sounds selfish for your family members. What I did was just buy Phone Internet Sim + Sim Router. And I let my family use the Internet from Mobile Sim. And I take the whole gigabit connections  

13 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

BOT LOBBY 100% 😂

COD IS DETECTED FINE MAYBE MW3 MAY NEED TO BE DPI THOUGH I DON'T PAY FOR POTATO GAMES SO SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO ADD IT

You wouldn’t imagine what happened to me after that game. I got stomped hard. This was pure luck to find such lobby

7 minutes ago, Spritekid242 said:

bro r3 does a wonderful job making cod fun again . i will try your settings out but what i have now is near to perfect 

Would you mind sharing your setting? May be your setting could be better

@Spritekid242Cod fun part little homie you can't make a game fun when it purposefully rigged from the beginning I am on OG Cod player and it just baffles me how people like yourself keep on buying onto the past as if it is the future. What they do is use dark patterns to monopolize you and I give them credit were credit is do since it works and I notice that people step to the lowest and keep on sucking there nipples even when they know there being insulted by this company.

I know it not the only game that does this but the level of disrespect you guys take is laughable and then to act toxic when being spit on the face cracks my soul though you have fun with whatever floats your boat 😂

5 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@Spritekid242Cod fun part little homie you can't make a game fun when it purposefully rigged from the beginning I am on OG Cod player and it just baffles me how people like yourself keep on buying onto the past as if it is the future. What they do is use dark patterns to monopolize you and I give them credit were credit is do since it works and I notice that people step to the lowest and keep on sucking there nipples even when they know there being insulted by this company.

I know it not the only game that does this but the level of disrespect you guys take is laughable and then to act toxic when being spit on the face cracks my soul though you have fun with whatever floats your boat 😂

everyone knows cod is rig but just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean others don't. Don't be negative bro its just a game that certain set of people still enjoy.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Goodwinn20 said:

in AIS ISP Router I DMZed to Netduma Internal IP. So my connection won't get double NA How do you do this? 

my Nat type is 2 

NAT Type 2 is normal when you're behind a router but it does mean you have an Open NAT - you won't get NAT Type 1 connecting to any router - would have to be direct to the modem

On 12/24/2023 at 4:54 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

CoD should definitely be showing correctly on SmartBOOST, it's likely a normal reboot would get that showing again

I know why it did show as uncategorized

I use ‘52263’ alternate port in xbox

It was supposed to be 3074 

NOW is there a way I can create custom priority rule? 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

I know why it did show as uncategorized

I use ‘52263’ alternate port in xbox

It was supposed to be 3074 

NOW is there a way I can create custom priority rule? 

That's a bug, make it use 3074 and it will work until that can be resolved.

Custom in what way? You can choose by a group of services, individual services or devices

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Customize ports and stuff. Just like when I did in Mikrotik 

when you know can make custom rule and name it. 

Ah okay, that has been requested before so will make sure it's on the list for potential future inclusion.

On 12/26/2023 at 8:01 AM, Chaiyoabc said:

Customize ports and stuff. Just like when I did in Mikrotik 

when you know can make custom rule and name it. 

Hopefully we get the old prioritisation back - not a fan of smart qos tbh (I haven't had a good experience overall on MWIII with it). At the moment I've gone back to the R2 with UDP prioritised and the games have improved (and my ping's low and stable).

Without knowing how smart QoS works (is it Game/Voice, Normal, Video on the R2? are DSCP marks applied to WAN (Advance setting on R2?)), I feel like these give different experiences so it's good to have this option. You'd want to have control whether DSCP is applied to WAN (some ISPs might not like it and down prioritise your packets) and you don't want your QoS to be tuned for Wifi when you're playing hardwired (I think we were told to select Game/Voice on the R2 when playing via wifi, Normal for hardwired). I have a feeling smart qos might have gone the Game/Voice route as I saw WMM mentioned in the stats for nerds page. I this is the case it's unfortunate cause it gave me the worst experience with the R2. My best experience on the netduma was on the older firmware, before they introduced Game/Voice, Video etc.

Actually, R3 does great job letting us know if qos is working or not

if you go to ‘stats for nerds’ menu, you will see when has been prioritized and vice versa

I had bad experience before with r3 and ended the router hadn't prioritize mw3 packets at all. 

turned out I have used alternative port which was the reason why smart qos didnt work well from the beginning 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Hopefully we get the old prioritisation back - not a fan of smart qos tbh (I haven't had a good experience overall on MWIII with it). At the moment I've gone back to the R2 with UDP prioritised and the games have improved (and my ping's low and stable).

Without knowing how smart QoS works (is it Game/Voice, Normal, Video on the R2? are DSCP marks applied to WAN (Advance setting on R2?)), I feel like these give different experiences so it's good to have this option. You'd want to have control whether DSCP is applied to WAN (some ISPs might not like it and down prioritise your packets) and you don't want your QoS to be tuned for Wifi when you're playing hardwired (I think we were told to select Game/Voice on the R2 when playing via wifi, Normal for hardwired). I have a feeling smart qos might have gone the Game/Voice route as I saw WMM mentioned in the stats for nerds page. I this is the case it's unfortunate cause it gave me the worst experience with the R2. My best experience on the netduma was on the older firmware, before they introduced Game/Voice, Video etc.

As in with ports? It has been requested so is on the list but you can prioritize the device instead of the applications if you feel that works better for you. SmartBOOST is more automatic, it allocates bandwidth/prioritizes based on the devices and applications being used. Also good advice above.

13 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Actually, R3 does great job letting us know if qos is working or not

if you go to ‘stats for nerds’ menu, you will see when has been prioritized and vice versa

I had bad experience before with r3 and ended the router hadn't prioritize mw3 packets at all. 

turned out I have used alternative port which was the reason why smart qos didnt work well from the beginning 

Oh it definitely does. I can see it prioritising everything in the stats for nerds page perfectly for my gaming, but my point is the type of prioritisation is unknown and from personal experience messing around with different qos, dscp tags etc. call of duty plays differently for my connection. It's different for everyone and I have had some really good hit rego with the R3 when steady ping first dropped but it's like the game has adapted to it and i'm now back to having bad matches 😄 When this happens I switch back to the R2 and it's playable but not perfect.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As in with ports? It has been requested so is on the list but you can prioritize the device instead of the applications if you feel that works better for you. SmartBOOST is more automatic, it allocates bandwidth/prioritizes based on the devices and applications being used. Also good advice above.

It might have been missed in the past threads but I've flagged a couple times prioritising my PlayStation as a device doesn't prioritise its traffic, looking at the stats for nerds page it all falls under best effort

image.png.6362163ae6d95eded66edee64f8ce8c0.png

image.thumb.png.5c699fe13b755e4ed08822fc5667f1e8.png