MW 3 what's working for you?

Jumppy_15

This thread is for us to discuss the success stories and share what settings have been working so far in Modern Warfare 3.

Because there are a lot of other threads on the forum that only discuss the bad issues. But something’s got to be working for some people out there, right?

For me, I set my Ping Assist to 40 and throttle congestion control down until I get speeds of 10 down and 5 up, and the games have been playing well.

What’s been working for you all?

My success story

isp router and put dmz to netduma

upnp on netduma 

qos off

and make sure console/pc is the only device in your network. Turn off wifi. Only wire with one device. 

qos generally slows down hit detections 

smooth and consistent

my kd is 3.08 

6 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

My success story

upnp on netduma 

qos off

and make sure console/pc is the only device in your network. Turn off wifi. Only wire with one device. 

smooth and consistent

my kd is 3.08 

Which router?

No success here, not sure how 0.5 upload works on smartqos, even when I set it to 2 upload I get packetloss and under 1Mbps on speedtests. Might work with the older firmware before smartqos though.

15 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

My success story

upnp on netduma 

qos off

smooth and consistent

my kd is 3.08 

You'r welcome mate 😉

4 hours ago, johnnytran said:

No success here, not sure how 0.5 upload works on smartqos, even when I set it to 2 upload I get packetloss and under 1Mbps on speedtests. Might work with the older firmware before smartqos though.

I did it in smartqos and didn’t have issues with packet loss. On gig fiber though so maybe that’s it. Anyway it’s not as consistent as I’d like but will be tinkering more with it. This was with R2 behind a XR500 but presently I’m back to my isp gateway which is a calyx and will be adding the R2 behind it to experiment until my R3 arrives.

On 12/1/2023 at 1:49 PM, Chaiyoabc said:

My success story

upnp on netduma 

qos off

Could you please elaborate some more on this set-up you mentioned above?

I'm not understanding some of these recommendations like "put dmz to netduma" and "upnp on netduma".

Can someone help provide more details on how to do this?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jumppy_15 said:

Could you please elaborate some more on this set-up you mentioned above?

I'm not understanding some of these recommendations like "put dmz to netduma" and "upnp on netduma".

Can someone help provide more details on how to do this?

Copy the WAN IP on the router System Information page, access your ISP modem/router, find the DMZ feature (usually in Firewall or Security or WAN/LAN settings) and paste the IP. 

UPnP on the router is enabled by default but if you want you can disable this in the router settings.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Copy the WAN IP on the router System Information page, access your ISP modem/router, find the DMZ feature (usually in Firewall or Security or WAN/LAN settings) and paste the IP. 

UPnP on the router is enabled by default but if you want you can disable this in the router settings.

Thanks as always @Netduma Fraser !!

MW3 MP - 60 down 10 up with both sliders at 100% is the sweet spot for me. 2 and 3 ping lobbies all day long with geo filter enabled to home pin. Current warzone download and upload set to full 1000mb and the qos sliders at 100% download 100% upload i have a 2gige fiber internet so duma only supporting 1gige pretty much makes my sliders 50%. will see what warzone is looking like tomorrow.

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

MW3 MP - 60 down 10 up with both sliders at 100% is the sweet spot for me. 2 and 3 ping lobbies all day long with geo filter enabled to home pin. Current warzone download and upload set to full 1000mb and the qos sliders at 100% download 100% upload i have a 2gige fiber internet so duma only supporting 1gige pretty much makes my sliders 50%. will see what warzone is looking like tomorrow.

Can you explain the 60 down, 10 up stuff to me please?

I picked up a XR1000v2 today and have been messing around with it all day. I'm starting to understand how it works just unsure what you guys are talking about lol

sure, and i have posted this many times though out this whole forum, ping use to be king up to call of duty ghost , they reversed the lag compression engine so the player with the worst connection got favored and the players with fast / good internet got handicapped. Faster your connection the worst your game experience on call of duty. the 60 / 10 is actually 30 / 5 it manipulates the lag compression engine, and it gives you better hit detection and if you do not use a geo filter it will put you in lobbies close to your physical location.

Just remember the more you dedicate your internet to your gaming experience the worst the internet is going to be for all other nongaming devices in your house hold.

2 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

sure, and i have posted this many times though out this whole forum, ping use to be king up to call of duty ghost , they reversed the lag compression engine so the player with the worst connection got favored and the players with fast / good internet got handicapped. Faster your connection the worst your game experience on call of duty. the 60 / 10 is actually 30 / 5 it manipulates the lag compression engine, and it gives you better hit detection and if you do not use a geo filter it will put you in lobbies close to your physical location.

Just remember the more you dedicate your internet to your gaming experience the worst the internet is going to be for all other nongaming devices in your house hold.

So in basic terms, I should set my QoS settings to 60 Download speed, 10 Upload speed and see how it goes and adjust it from there?

I have a 500 Down and 50 Up internet.

1 hour ago, ThatDisguise said:

So in basic terms, I should set my QoS settings to 60 Download speed, 10 Upload speed and see how it goes and adjust it from there?

I have a 500 Down and 50 Up internet.

No, keep qos sliders at 100% and set you download and upload to 30 / 5 and see how that works for you move up 10mb at a time to see if it makes a difference for you everyone's gaming environment is different for older cods i use to run 20 / 5 for multiplayer. also again i have mine set to 60  / 10 because my over all bandwidth is 2gige and the duma only supports up to 1gige so pretty much its like my sliders are at 50% by default

10 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

No, keep qos sliders at 100% and set you download and upload to 30 / 5 and see how that works for you move up 10mb at a time to see if it makes a difference for you everyone's gaming environment is different for older cods i use to run 20 / 5 for multiplayer. also again i have mine set to 60  / 10 because my over all bandwidth is 2gige and the duma only supports up to 1gige so pretty much its like my sliders are at 50% by default

so what would u do with  1000 dwn 105 up  ??? mw2 /mw3

also could u do a buffer bloat test and shar your results with the cod spec u said about ???

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

6 hours ago, Dean.L said:

so what would u do with  1000 dwn 105 up  ??? mw2 /mw3

also could u do a buffer bloat test and shar your results with the cod spec u said about ???

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

your at 1000 so at 100% your still at 1000 so just change the the download and upload to 30 / 5 and then keep moving them 5mb up from there to you find your sweet spot

and ill do the test when i get home from work

On 11/27/2023 at 4:17 PM, slugg said:

5 down, .5 up. It’s unplayable otherwise and even this isn’t consistent. Of course you have sbmm screwing everybody over on top of that.

It’s not sbmm it’s the eomm algorithm that’s giving the issues as it manipulates the in game experience. 

On 12/6/2023 at 7:15 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

your at 1000 so at 100% your still at 1000 so just change the the download and upload to 30 / 5 and then keep moving them 5mb up from there to you find your sweet spot

and ill do the test when i get home from work

Consigli questo settaggio anche per chi ha una connessione fttc 128dwn e 20up?

Provo con 80dwn e 12up?

questo tuo metodo alternativo lo consigli anche a chi purtroppo ha anche altri dispositivi connessi sulla stessa rete ma ovviamente senza priorità da smartqos?