MW 3 what's working for you?

Jumppy_15

7 hours ago, Hydros85 said:

I think so too, I changed the speed of my internet up and down , and I didn't notice any changes

I am tending to agree as it was good after that change for a while but immediately went back to crap after several good matches.

On 12/8/2023 at 9:34 AM, scbba said:

It’s not sbmm it’s the eomm algorithm that’s giving the issues as it manipulates the in game experience. 

Yes the 2 combined but especially the eomm. I can handle sweats if the game is connecting right but I swear they will nerf you mid game if you're destroying folks.

On 12/10/2023 at 10:06 AM, Jackal235 said:

Lag compensation depends on your ping, so playing with bandwidth does nothing to it. 

However... lowering your upload  speed may delay packets with the information of your position  to the enemy, especially on jammed networks.

I've never heard of "lag compensation being dependent on Ping" before.

I always thought it was dependent on bandwidth (down/up) levels?

10 hours ago, Jumppy_15 said:

I've never heard of "lag compensation being dependent on Ping" before.

I always thought it was dependent on bandwidth (down/up) levels?

This game only needs 5/5Mbps internet.

It is the low ping, which allows you to send and receive more packets within a second than a high ping.

It simply means that 5ms player will kill 50ms opponent,  before he even sees him, regardless their bandwidth.

At least that's how it used to be.

Later to make the game more fair and saleable, Activision decided to compensate those high ping players. 

To do that, 5ms player would get his packet with info about 50ms enemy with 45ms delay.

Actual delays and other algorithms are secret and only matter to speculations. 

On 12/9/2023 at 6:01 PM, Tonfaz said:

Consigli questo settaggio anche per chi ha una connessione fttc 128dwn e 20up?

Provo con 80dwn e 12up?

questo tuo metodo alternativo lo consigli anche a chi purtroppo ha anche altri dispositivi connessi sulla stessa rete ma ovviamente senza priorità da smartqos?

Yes , keep sliders at 100% and start with download at 25mb and upload at 5 and move them up 5mb at a time to you find the sweet spot

On 12/6/2023 at 4:01 AM, Dean.L said:

so what would u do with  1000 dwn 105 up  ??? mw2 /mw3

also could u do a buffer bloat test and shar your results with the cod spec u said about ???

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

Here is that test you asked for

Bufferbloat Grade.jpg

13 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

This game only needs 5/5Mbps internet.

It is the low ping, which allows you to send and receive more packets within a second than a high ping.

It simply means that 5ms player will kill 50ms opponent,  before he even sees him, regardless their bandwidth.

At least that's how it used to be.

Later to make the game more fair and saleable, Activision decided to compensate those high ping players. 

To do that, 5ms player would get his packet with info about 50ms enemy with 45ms delay.

Actual delays and other algorithms are secret and only matter to speculations. 

Thanks for the clarification!

4 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Here is that test you asked for

Bufferbloat Grade.jpg

and this is with what qos settings if u don't mind me asking

as on yours Ur download  95th% seems crazy high but i know u have way better speeds its just im finding it hard to understand what makes good gaming  everything else seems really low

dont get me wrong i know low ping is best but i can only do so much with what i have ??

heres mine with the settings and netduma speed test / qos settings

Screenshot (30).png

Screenshot (31).png

Screenshot (32).png

when i play multiplayer yes, when i play warzone sliders and bandwidth are maxed and because i have 2gig internet its basically have the sliders at 50%

the duma router has never given me accurate speed test with the r1 and or the r2 hopefully this is not a issue and they fix this with the r3

here is some gameplay over the weekend in game 2 to 3 ping. someone watching the stream clipped it

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlyTiredMelonCmonBruh-VL2TUFojO4xe1ynT?tt_content=url&tt_medium=clips_api

On 12/1/2023 at 1:49 PM, Chaiyoabc said:

My success story

isp router and put dmz to netduma

upnp on netduma 

qos off

and make sure console/pc is the only device in your network. Turn off wifi. Only wire with one device. 

qos generally slows down hit detections 

smooth and consistent

my kd is 3.08 

This is definitely a find that is interesting that I have tried and it definitely works for me. For me I have fiber and For whatever reason using the setup with two routers ONT>ISP Router>XR500 or ONT>Xr500>netduma R2 has given me way better hitreg and  in both public and Private matches (pubs) (wagers,scrims) everytime then just one router. Anyone know why?

10 hours ago, MainLifeline said:

This is definitely a find that is interesting that I have tried and it definitely works for me. For me I have fiber and For whatever reason using the setup with two routers ONT>ISP Router>XR500 or ONT>Xr500>netduma R2 has given me way better hitreg and  in both public and Private matches (pubs) (wagers,scrims) everytime then just one router. Anyone know why?

ISP router is blocking all the permissions the duma router is trying to do. you're getting the better gaming experience because of the little bit of slowdown going through the two devices. 

On 11/27/2023 at 10:17 PM, slugg said:

5 down, .5 up. It’s unplayable otherwise and even this isn’t consistent. Of course you have sbmm screwing everybody over on top of that.

sorry to ask, what do you mean by 5 down 5 up?

On 12/5/2023 at 7:29 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Copy the WAN IP on the router System Information page, access your ISP modem/router, find the DMZ feature (usually in Firewall or Security or WAN/LAN settings) and paste the IP. 

UPnP on the router is enabled by default but if you want you can disable this in the router settings.

first part makes no sense to me and assumes your ISP modem is not running in "bridge" or "gateway" mode. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

first part makes no sense to me and assumes your ISP modem is not running in "bridge" or "gateway" mode. 

What doesn't make sense about it? Yes that is the assumption, generally the ISP modem/router will not be set like this by default and will have been manually changed by the user

Qos does very little if you have a couple hundred mb and a small house hold. If you have high speed and use qos and drop the speeds drastically a simple speed test will show your latency goes up. This will help lag compensation slightly but hinder your household speeds. I'd suggest everyone only use ping as an indication of your in game experience. Dropping speeds to 2mb for example will cause some packet loss these days as they seem to be too low even though games use very little.

The sauce simply lies in the geo filter locational setup.

Sbmm is very real and the server you are dropped into is actually part of it. If you have some bad games you will jump to Spain or France and be on 20ms ping. If your doing good you will get the most local server in my case uk 4 to 6ms ping.........this is absolutely he'll I'm at such a disadvantage it's hilarious. I set my geo to Spain Italy sit at 20ms ping and the game is great. I actually enjoy playing. I'm an snd player so shooting first and killing first is important otherwise I'm sitting there like a wet lettuce.

I'm on 900mb down and 100mb up I do not mess with my speeds I only use ping to make sure the lobbies sbmm try to put me in doesn't happen.

The uk server when I used to get connected to it I'd have the classic snd arguments and they was always from france spain Italy or the Netherlands 

And I'd get beat and the reason was simple they have a higher ping this gave them a time advantage because call of duty manipulates your game (they have stated this recently so we now all know it's real and there sbmm is real and it will mess you up)

So to this day I have great games on snd mw3 HOWEVER the way my games are manipulated is HILARIOUS if you spent a day playing with me I'd show you. My kd is 2.34 and the balance to my team mates is making me get 24 26 kill games on snd and still lose because my team mates are dribbling on there controller. I also get into games where 3 of my team are instantly kicked and I believe sbmm is responsible I've messaged 3 people that left instantly just to ask and 2 said they got kicked 1 didn't reply. Then I'm 3 vs 6 for the rest of the game as my team doesn't fill. HOWEVER if the other team leave instantly there's people joining I believe its another balancing matchmaking system where my lobby is not prioritized for more players as the kd is TO THEM BALANCED

19 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

Qos does very little if you have a couple hundred mb and a small house hold. If you have high speed and use qos and drop the speeds drastically a simple speed test will show your latency goes up. This will help lag compensation slightly but hinder your household speeds. I'd suggest everyone only use ping as an indication of your in game experience. Dropping speeds to 2mb for example will cause some packet loss these days as they seem to be too low even though games use very little.

The sauce simply lies in the geo filter locational setup.

Sbmm is very real and the server you are dropped into is actually part of it. If you have some bad games you will jump to Spain or France and be on 20ms ping. If your doing good you will get the most local server in my case uk 4 to 6ms ping.........this is absolutely he'll I'm at such a disadvantage it's hilarious. I set my geo to Spain Italy sit at 20ms ping and the game is great. I actually enjoy playing. I'm an snd player so shooting first and killing first is important otherwise I'm sitting there like a wet lettuce.

I'm on 900mb down and 100mb up I do not mess with my speeds I only use ping to make sure the lobbies sbmm try to put me in doesn't happen.

The uk server when I used to get connected to it I'd have the classic snd arguments and they was always from france spain Italy or the Netherlands 

And I'd get beat and the reason was simple they have a higher ping this gave them a time advantage because call of duty manipulates your game (they have stated this recently so we now all know it's real and there sbmm is real and it will mess you up)

So to this day I have great games on snd mw3 HOWEVER the way my games are manipulated is HILARIOUS if you spent a day playing with me I'd show you. My kd is 2.34 and the balance to my team mates is making me get 24 26 kill games on snd and still lose because my team mates are dribbling on there controller. I also get into games where 3 of my team are instantly kicked and I believe sbmm is responsible I've messaged 3 people that left instantly just to ask and 2 said they got kicked 1 didn't reply. Then I'm 3 vs 6 for the rest of the game as my team doesn't fill. HOWEVER if the other team leave instantly there's people joining I believe its another balancing matchmaking system where my lobby is not prioritized for more players as the kd is TO THEM BALANCED

So higher Pings equal better games? (example you gave was Spain/France 20ms vs UK at 6ms ping). And set the Geo-Filter to Servers further away to get a higher ping?

Because lower pings lead to lag comp?

19 minutes ago, Jumppy_15 said:

So higher Pings equal better games? (example you gave was Spain/France 20ms vs UK at 6ms ping). And set the Geo-Filter to Servers further away to get a higher ping?

Because lower pings lead to lag comp?

Yes mate. So I'm from the UK and geo filter Spain Italy..... France is okay but my ping to France is still around 9 to 12ms make sure your in game ping is visible and see what servers give you around 20ms...... you will still get the odd person who's ahead or on a pc basically  but you will have a much better game if you have 20ms ping. You still have to do the work and aim hit your shots but I can almost guarantee you will shoot first kill first most people.

Now I'm on a gig line and get low ping I'm tempted to try a USA server around 80ms and see if it's playable lol American servers are definitely more random and alot more casual to EU so statistically you will never get those bot lobbies the youtubers get from America 

Sweet spot should be around 20 to 40ms. Don't think this is an advantage this is to level the playing field. You will not be ahead or invincible still have to sit up and try but it will be fair and less rage inducing lol

54 minutes ago, l2eactionz said:

Yes mate. So I'm from the UK and geo filter Spain Italy..... France is okay but my ping to France is still around 9 to 12ms make sure your in game ping is visible and see what servers give you around 20ms...... you will still get the odd person who's ahead or on a pc basically  but you will have a much better game if you have 20ms ping. You still have to do the work and aim hit your shots but I can almost guarantee you will shoot first kill first most people.

Now I'm on a gig line and get low ping I'm tempted to try a USA server around 80ms and see if it's playable lol American servers are definitely more random and alot more casual to EU so statistically you will never get those bot lobbies the youtubers get from America 

Sweet spot should be around 20 to 40ms. Don't think this is an advantage this is to level the playing field. You will not be ahead or invincible still have to sit up and try but it will be fair and less rage inducing lol

Have you tried these servers?

I find them to be a lot better than Spain and Italy.

IMG_0057.png

4 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

Do you manage to find games I tried back in the day and gave up.....I'll give them a go though

Yup, have the best experience on them, have literally just setup the R3 so will be testing with the new steady ping on all servers.

12 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

I'm in the US, The lowest ping I can get is 20 and the game is almost unplayable because other people in the lobby with higher pings, The higher ping players are bullet sponges and 1 frame kill you + I dont have time to react to them sometimes because they appear out of no where( lag confiscation). The best ping for me is around 80 but I haven't tried any higher ping.

17 hours ago, SableEU said:

Yup, have the best experience on them, have literally just setup the R3 so will be testing with the new steady ping on all servers.

Mine has also just arrived today will be trying out uk servers with the buffer to see if I can get local but trick the lag comp lol

15 hours ago, slugg said:

5 megabits download, half a megabit upload or .5

sure but you said "5 down, .5 up. It’s unplayable otherwise and even this isn’t consistent."

what does that mean?