SPAMMERS after hours!

Trolling_Farm

I am tired of always getting on & spammers are filling the forums! I am done reporting them because it won't get fixed till the morning anyways. I am again looking to after hours patrol the "Forums" as a moderator.

Lets work together! 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

It had stopped for awhile, seems as though they're very persistent and using VPN's to bypass the IP block we have on them, will be sorted soon, but if they're persistent we can keep looking into more preventative measures.

giggles I want a neighborhood watch...

Perhaps if 10 members report for spam you simply ban them for 1-X hours?

Something smaller then 10, maybe a delay on when new posts can be made? I reported like 15 posts, a post was made every minuet. But even if I reported it nothing happens till 4 in the morning my time. The forums are not managed when the UK goes to bed :(

• Administrators

Something smaller then 10, maybe a delay on when new posts can be made? I reported like 15 posts, a post was made every minuet. But even if I reported it nothing happens till 4 in the morning my time. The forums are not managed when the UK goes to bed :(

This is a great point. I will look into making some US moderators :)

Not sure how you will be deciding but I would just like to throw it out there, I would like to volunteer. When ever the server went offline I was first to always post about it, I also have talked about the spammers multiple times.

Some people might not like me around here…. I have toned it down, as I do value the forums and try to post useful information.

Np, Its still annoying that there are people sad enough to go through the whole verification process just to make a few spam posts, lol :D

Maybe set up questions only a gamer would know.

• Netduma Staff

I do not like that I can only post 4 posts a day. Can you please change that, I reported 4 times yesterday and all of a sudden I can't make anymore posts for a whole day. If thats what I get for reporting please change it.

You can post unlimited amount per day (now) - that option should, should have been for users

We should have a few mods that are in the us,abc (of course) and Dillinger come to mind but who ever it is I think it would help out.But be selective when choosing the US mods is all I ask... ;)

Looks like either picking someone from the West Coast in the US or in Asia is the sweet deal since the threat seems to be in Chinese anyway. Hahaha *hint* *hint*

kVAOyJG.png

If and when Fraser, you're going to be spoilt for choice - So many with integrity, maturity and a positive attitude who frequent the forums   :)

Praise be.

Praise be.

Don't let the Basta's grind you down, Z!   :lol:

Can't be easy being part of a small team in an increasingly busy forum.  Throw in all the real life stuff too, and It makes sense you'd welcome some help.

FWIW, me, and plenty others think you lads do an excellent job on the boards.

I was actually praising your comment :)

There are a lot of cool calm and collected people that help out here yourself included. It is going to be hard for whoever to pick from a great bunch of folk.

Archived