MW2 loves NETduma

TODDzillaInLA

6 hours ago, bebito_fiufiu said:

Porque en destino el 3074 UDP cuando call of duty usa 3074 en origen y una variación de puertos en destino entre el 30000 y el 45000????

Es al contrario cuando uno abre puertos en el enrutador se abre el puerto 3074 en destino. La regla indica que recibe todo el trafico proveniente de todos los puertos de los servidores de cod.

On 2/1/2023 at 7:35 PM, Carlosrozada said:

Veo que no sabes como funciona el mtu🤣 no son numeros magicos …

Bajandolo a 750, tardas el doble en enviar el mismo paquete que una persona que lo tenga en 1492 por ejemplo. 
imaginate que quieres enviar 3 relojes por correo y utilizas 3 cajas… yo meto los 3 relojes en una sola caja .

tu vas a tardar mas en enviar tus 3 paquetes que yo mi unico paquete para la misma cantidad de relojes

I'm happy that you understand how MTU works so well. 

In case you want to know a little more

Maximum transmission unit - Wikipedia

What's actually breaking SBMM is the search time. The VPN tells CoD where you're at and the geo fence delays the search. This is nothing new, it was once accomplished via a bridged connection to a console. Same concept from the early 2000s accomplished with modern technology.

On 2/1/2023 at 4:35 PM, Carlosrozada said:

Veo que no sabes como funciona el mtu🤣 no son numeros magicos …

Bajandolo a 750, tardas el doble en enviar el mismo paquete que una persona que lo tenga en 1492 por ejemplo. 
imaginate que quieres enviar 3 relojes por correo y utilizas 3 cajas… yo meto los 3 relojes en una sola caja .

tu vas a tardar mas en enviar tus 3 paquetes que yo mi unico paquete para la misma cantidad de relojes

Not true for online gaming but to each their own

1 hour ago, Seye said:

@Fuzy@TODDzillaInLA Does lowering your MTU disconnect you from the internet? I reduced mine to 650 R2 couldn't find  a game to I restarted R2 lost access to R2 interface. 

it can, MTU is basically the nozzle to your water hose.

And just so we are clear i have stated on many post my settings is for COD priority over anything else why i have 2 separate internets

And @Fuzyyou the Master Network operations engineer that knows all right. That article... You got this my boi i got 100% faith in you 🙏

12 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

it can, MTU is basically the nozzle to your water hose.

And just so we are clear i have stated on many post my settings is for COD priority over anything else why i have 2 separate internets

And @Fuzyyou the Master Network operations engineer that knows all right. That article... You got this my boi i got 100% faith in you 🙏

What exactly are you achieving with adjusting MTU, for better hit marker reg? Or better game play experience overall?

Yep it doesn't make sense but we have no idea how the game handles the packets. It could be detecting an issue with your connection and compensating for it to give you a chance at playing the game. If I leave my MTU as 1500 with the R2, I immediately feel the game running worse than if I had it lowered. Atm I'm playing with 1125 and I've had some matches that I have never experienced with 1500. Could be placebo, maybe the servers are just running better these past 2 days for me, I don't know.

When I switch to my openwrt router running the old script made for knomax, I have an even worse experience than any other router I've used. I've tested it when I have a good connection with the R2, thinking it's a day the servers are running good but this router makes everyone appear like they're a second ahead and sponge bullets (same experience with the R2 and 1500 MTU). How can I have great games for a couple hours then when I switch to a different router with optimised qos settings, it immediately makes people bullet sponges? It's obvious qos settings and MTU impact the game in my experience.

I've tested for hours being connected directly to my fibre modem (so no router) and it gives me a crap experience but once I plug in the R2 with qos/mtu changed, the games experienced are completely different to just being connected to the modem. Not a single match in those hours played without a router felt like the one I'd have with the router.

What i'm trying to say is router settings do make a difference, you just need to spend countless hours testing and finding what works for your specific connection if you want to enjoy this pos game

4 hours ago, nferguzl said:

For me an mtu of 1100 works wonders. I can tell the difference since I can switch back to default 1500 mtu and bullets stop registering.

Did you add the 28 to your MTU to make it 1100? If you didn't that's not your actual MTU number you looking for.

My own experience lowering down MTU was a bad experience, yes my bullet reg was good as it is but lowering it made it better but I noticed I died to 2 bullet shot. It didn't make sense I was dying way quicker than I normally did on 1500 MTU. Unless there something else I missing, MTU changes is a no no for me.

https://youtu.be/v2rOWgGuHBo

Anything below that crashes R2 

2 hours ago, Seye said:

Did you add the 28 to your MTU to make it 1100? If you didn't that's not your actual MTU number you looking for.

My own experience lowering down MTU was a bad experience, yes my bullet reg was good as it is but lowering it made it better but I noticed I died to 2 bullet shot. It didn't make sense I was dying way quicker than I normally did on 1500 MTU. Unless there something else I missing, MTU changes is a no no for me.

https://youtu.be/v2rOWgGuHBo

Anything below that crashes R2 

No I just started at 1500 and lowered by 50 in windows each time.

On 1/31/2023 at 6:15 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

why would you do that the ping just gonig to be higher for you and private match is p2p no dedicated server

On playstation every pm i lpayed  is on a didicated server

On 1/30/2023 at 6:18 PM, Fuzy said:

Clearly, he is ready to pay 30 dollars a month, just so that someone changes his VPN file to put in more target servers given by ping heatmap... The joke !

Kinel if you want your VPN to geolocate you on the game in the Middle East while keeping your ping pose, you just need to put port 443 TCP only at the HVPN level !

I gave the tip 2 years ago...

And the story of MTU... my God. Changing the MTU on the R2 is only on the Wan side. 750 donkey

He maybe harsh guys but he's right. After reading all of this I've had a massive thrown thinking wth lol.

Mtu has zero yes zero impact on gaming YOUTUBE (battlenonsense) mtu. Also 750 is impossible period a message on the xbox network screen pop's up saying you must have a minimum mtu of so and so and from memory it's like 1380 or something.

Look at his speed on the qos page he's on a really high speed fibre line with no other devices on it. He's going to have a good connection and low ping maybe not 5 but that's end game nonsense ping.

Also don't want to say he hasn't set it up right but he's only traffic prioritising port 3074 which is game data not server based which are around 30000 to 40000 most of them.

Scripts for vpn never heard of it not sure its real as I'm on xr500.

Unless scripts are a fancy way of prioritising specific ports. In which case here everyone simple SBMM fix.

Vpn - only vpn these ports - 100-5000tcp/udp one simple rule to fix it all. Stay on Brazil for a couple of days then Ghana then Singapore then wherever you want. No need for geo location local servers and surrounding servers are fine when vpning.  £30 scripts not needed just change locations once in a while

Thank me later

XR500... last time I used it, also applies mtu changes at lan level... bad idea...

I have seen metaphors on this topic so to imagine ... thinking that changing the mtu on the r2 is like believing in Santa Claus, the "arguments" of a 6 year old child will not do more than make me smile!

On 2/5/2023 at 3:53 AM, Seye said:

What exactly are you achieving with adjusting MTU, for better hit marker reg? Or better game play experience overall?

its just another tool provided by duma os to help dial in your connection if you are not on PC

in todays world the average internet speed is what 200mb and up. That is super over kill for a game that uses less then 5mb

You hear all the time i upgraded my internet and the game got worse, more laggy, not hit detection

If your using QOS to dumb down your internet connection to get a better connection to the game then the MTU shoul be turned down also

4 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

its just another tool provided by duma os to help dial in your connection if you are not on PC

in todays world the average internet speed is what 200mb and up. That is super over kill for a game that uses less then 5mb

You hear all the time i upgraded my internet and the game got worse, more laggy, not hit detection

If your using QOS to dumb down your internet connection to get a better connection to the game then the MTU shoul be turned down also

¿Por que? Que tiene que ver la banda ancha o la velocidad de internet con el mtu? 
¿En que te fundamentas? 

Menuda comedia 😂

38 minutes ago, Carlosrozada said:

¿Por que? Que tiene que ver la banda ancha o la velocidad de internet con el mtu? 
¿En que te fundamentas? 

Menuda comedia 😂

Do you belive base MTU has always been set to 1500? 1500 is MAX. Also people change MTU to get faster internet / downloads when it comes to online gaming you want the opposite

Heres a nice little link from a billion years ago https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/tip-increase-internet-speed-by-manipulating-mtu-size/

8 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

Also 750 is impossible period a message on the xbox network screen pop's up saying you must have a minimum mtu of so and so and from memory it's like 1380 or something.

LOL stop spreading false information

8 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

Unless scripts are a fancy way of prioritising specific ports. In which case here everyone simple SBMM fix.

Vpn - only vpn these ports - 100-5000tcp/udp one simple rule to fix it all. Stay on Brazil for a couple of days then Ghana then Singapore then wherever you want. No need for geo location local servers and surrounding servers are fine when vpning.  £30 scripts not needed just change locations once in a while

Thank me later

I do not think you guys under stand how the source codes and the LCE is written now. Call of duty MW3 and older, the faster your internet connection the better connection you go to the game and who ever had they fastest in the lobby got host. Call of duty Ghost to present call of duty MW2 2022 its reversed. And with the above statment you are completely clueless on how to make VPN's work for a better gaming experince

Maybe i should start charging for nuke carries hmm...

SmlLob2.jpg

SmlLob1.jpg

SmlLob3.jpg

SmlLob4.jpg

Instead of taking the time to copying and pasting regurgitate fales information from other sites and video. try testing for your self and find what works best for your gaming environment