XR700 Beta Update

On 6/27/2023 at 6:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We're receiving another build this week so we'll test that and it will then depend on how well that goes as to what happens, either we can then prep for release or we/NG will need to fix anything that has found

How did the testing go? 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, XR700 Owner said:

@Netduma Fraser

Any news bud?

There has been some progress, as we're unable to use dumaweb for the 700 (the mobile type interface for 3.3) due to size limitations we've been working on getting it properly supported with the DumaOS app which is now looking good. From what I can see now there may be one or two things being looked into further, other than that I can't see anything that would cause an unnecessary delay at this point so fingers crossed it shouldn't be long now.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There has been some progress, as we're unable to use dumaweb for the 700 (the mobile type interface for 3.3) due to size limitations we've been working on getting it properly supported with the DumaOS app which is now looking good. From what I can see now there may be one or two things being looked into further, other than that I can't see anything that would cause an unnecessary delay at this point so fingers crossed it shouldn't be long now.

Great news! Would it be possible to release the 3.3 beta before fixing the mobile app or is it a problem with the firmware itself being too large with the mobile app features? I never really used the app much personally so not having app access, at least in the beginning of beta, wouldn't be an issue for me. I think most of us 700 owners would probably agree the firmware beta release > app functionality.

• Administrators
On 7/12/2023 at 1:42 PM, XR700 Owner said:

Great news! Would it be possible to release the 3.3 beta before fixing the mobile app or is it a problem with the firmware itself being too large with the mobile app features? I never really used the app much personally so not having app access, at least in the beginning of beta, wouldn't be an issue for me. I think most of us 700 owners would probably agree the firmware beta release > app functionality.

3.3 is big on getting better mobile/app functionality so it would create more work to release a firmware without it as they're quite intertwined. I'll keep you posted though when I have any updates.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, bebito_fiufiu said:

Ánimo, ya queda menos, espero que esté solucionado el problema que tenemos los que nos conectamos por pppoe más vlan... 

No estoy seguro de eso hasta que el registro de cambios se haya compilado por completo, no lo esperaría: este será principalmente para llevar 3.3 al 700, lo que ha sido mucho trabajo, pero luego debería hacer que sea más fácil lograr soluciones como esa. Puede que me equivoque, pero no quiero darte falsas esperanzas.

• Administrators

Hey everyone, it's been a long time coming, I feel your pain, the wait is (basically) over!

So we were planning to put the XR700 out today in Early Access, the mobile view you may have seen on the R2 requires the app to have that working on the 700 rather than a mobile web browser, as of now it's looking as though the app will be approved/go out on the respective app stores on Monday so we're holding off on the grand launch until then as without it you're missing a big part of what has gone into the update.

HOWEVER, I know you guys have been waiting for a long time and so I wanted to at least give you something. So, if you absolutely cannot wait until Monday, please post below and I will PM you the firmware. Do keep in mind you'll be missing the updated mobile view which is a big part of it.

I will like your post when I've sent you a PM with it.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey everyone, it's been a long time coming, I feel your pain, the wait is (basically) over!

So we were planning to put the XR700 out today in Early Access, the mobile view you may have seen on the R2 requires the app to have that working on the 700 rather than a mobile web browser, as of now it's looking as though the app will be approved/go out on the respective app stores on Monday so we're holding off on the grand launch until then as without it you're missing a big part of what has gone into the update.

HOWEVER, I know you guys have been waiting for a long time and so I wanted to at least give you something. So, if you absolutely cannot wait until Monday, please post below and I will PM you the firmware. Do keep in mind you'll be missing the updated mobile view which is a big part of it.

I will like your post when I've sent you a PM with it.

Will check back Monday! Glad to see some new firmware coming out!