XR700 Beta Update

• Administrators
1 hour ago, XR700 Owner said:

So what new goodies should we expect today?

You should be able to use Dumaweb/mobile view with the XR700 on the DumaOS app by the end of the day once the update has been properly published

@Netduma Fraser

Just tried hard reset and it's not working.  I told you I'd try it over the weekend but I kinda got busy.  It did look like it wanted to where the power light would blink with the LAN lights - Then all the lights went off (rebooting I assume) - Then LAN lights blinking with the power light steady blinking until solid and everything is the same (No WiFi as I have it disabled so I was really looking for those lights when I reset).  Hope this helps bud. 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, XR700 Owner said:

@Netduma Fraser

Just tried hard reset and it's not working.  I told you I'd try it over the weekend but I kinda got busy.  It did look like it wanted to where the power light would blink with the LAN lights - Then all the lights went off (rebooting I assume) - Then LAN lights blinking with the power light steady blinking until solid and everything is the same (No WiFi as I have it disabled so I was really looking for those lights when I reset).  Hope this helps bud. 

1 hour ago, XR700 Owner said:

@Netduma Fraser

If I'm looking at this right, I can turn adblocker on or off at the device level?

As in the DumaOS app isn't working for you?

Yes that's right, you can disable/enable for individual devices.

Oh no, the app works great and it's exactly how you described it. It's very much an integral part of 3.3. I was talking about the hard reset of the physical unit itself after installing 3.3 and then doing a soft reset through the gui. I even went the extra step and flashed 3.3 through tftp then tried a hard reset but that didn't work either. 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

Oh no, the app works great and it's exactly how you described it. It's very much an integral part of 3.3. I was talking about the hard reset of the physical unit itself after installing 3.3 and then doing a soft reset through the gui. I even went the extra step and flashed 3.3 through tftp then tried a hard reset but that didn't work either. 

Oh I gotcha, thanks for the report!

@Netduma Fraser

No problem. I have to give credit where is due. This feels like a very refined piece of work. I haven't had any errors pop-ups, no really big issues that I can tell (other than the hard reset) and the UI seems responsive and full of useful tools that work. A+ work, give my gratitude to the devs - it definitely feels like a top tier gaming router. Netgear would be in the wrong if they didn't release this as official imho.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

@Netduma Fraser

No problem. I have to give credit where is due. This feels like a very refined piece of work. I haven't had any errors pop-ups, no really big issues that I can tell (other than the hard reset) and the UI seems responsive and full of useful tools that work. A+ work, give my gratitude to the devs - it definitely feels like a top tier gaming router. Netgear would be in the wrong if they didn't release this as official imho.

That's really great to hear, especially after the long wait!