XR700 Beta Update

La verdad que tardan muchísimo en probar y lanzar un firmware.. pienso que no quieren trabajar con netgear y a este paso están consiguiendo que venda mi router... Porque la verdad que no he notado nunca ninguna diferencia en cuanto al router de mi operador.... Y he pasado por 4 provedores. Tanto netduma y a la hora de la verdad es como si nada... Le doy lo que queda de mes, si no sale ninguna versión me tendré que despedir de esta comunidad 

On 4/13/2023 at 7:30 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Pretty much as soon as we're happy with it it'll be out, we don't give out any ETAs for any platform

Perfect! Cheers bud! One more question…. Where do I find the posts for the beta’s? XR700 that is 🙂

• Administrators
4 hours ago, killaninja58 said:

Perfect! Cheers bud! One more question…. Where do I find the posts for the beta’s? XR700 that is 🙂

There isn't anywhere specific but we will definitely let people know when/if it's available (we might make it public without a beta)

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There isn't anywhere specific but we will definitely let people know when/if it's available (we might make it public without a beta)

I think its really time to get some new firmware out for the XR700 it's taking so long, way too long now this router should have been updated to DumaOs 3.0 so long ago, the 1.0.1.34 beta firmware is 2½ years old.

Just bring the firmware out bring it out as a beta let it get tested through the community and the minor bugs get worked on after.

But dont let us wait any longer thats the worst case.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Mobel said:

I think its really time to get some new firmware out for the XR700 it's taking so long, way too long now this router should have been updated to DumaOs 3.0 so long ago, the 1.0.1.34 beta firmware is 2½ years old.

Just bring the firmware out bring it out as a beta let it get tested through the community and the minor bugs get worked on after.

But dont let us wait any longer thats the worst case.

I think part of it was that we were working on 3.0 but as other iterations of DumaOS were gaining ground it seemed unfair to have the R2 on 3.3, XR on 3.2 etc and not have the 700 closer to the current advances so rightly or wrongly 3.0 was chosen to be skipped so 3.3 could be ported to it instead. Believe me I'm pushing for all the platforms to get more updates and I do think we're a lot closer to it happening. 

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think part of it was that we were working on 3.0 but as other iterations of DumaOS were gaining ground it seemed unfair to have the R2 on 3.3, XR on 3.2 etc and not have the 700 closer to the current advances so rightly or wrongly 3.0 was chosen to be skipped so 3.3 could be ported to it instead. Believe me I'm pushing for all the platforms to get more updates and I do think we're a lot closer to it happening. 

I meant like 2½ years ago the XR700 shouldn't have been stayed stuck on the 1.0.1.34 beta fw, it's taking 2½ years to get a new firmware out for the XR700 let's just process that

Of course it should be now on par with the other 3.2 routers.

I know that u are as always trying to help and do the best for the community.

But this need to be said the Netduma team cannot just forget about a product that they support (XR700) and leave it on such old DumaOs version.

It should get a update for DumaOs at least twice a year.

6 hours ago, Mobel said:

I meant like 2½ years ago the XR700 shouldn't have been stayed stuck on the 1.0.1.34 beta fw, it's taking 2½ years to get a new firmware out for the XR700 let's just process that

Of course it should be now on par with the other 3.2 routers.

I know that u are as always trying to help and do the best for the community.

But this need to be said the Netduma team cannot just forget about a product that they support (XR700) and leave it on such old DumaOs version.

It should get a update for DumaOs at least twice a year.

image.png.fdba31c15ec166973ec066282ad43868.png

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

I would also like to be added to the beta when available. Any news on progress? Are we any closer to a beta before final release?

Yes we are closer, we're waiting on some testing at the moment, should that go well its full steam ahead

How's that testing going along? Also I know Liam isn't with the team anymore but the firmware status page hasn't been updated since the 3rd. I try to check it every week or so to see if there's any change as I'd like to get the new update/beta ASAP. Hope all is well across the pond!

• Administrators
22 hours ago, XR700 Owner said:

How's that testing going along? Also I know Liam isn't with the team anymore but the firmware status page hasn't been updated since the 3rd. I try to check it every week or so to see if there's any change as I'd like to get the new update/beta ASAP. Hope all is well across the pond!

21 hours ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraserhow is it going with the firmware for the XR700 is it going to come out anytime soon like in days or weeks ?

Testing is going well, we don't have any ETAs but I'll make sure to get you guys added to the group once it's on the way.

Thanks for the reminder about the page update, I've chased the team to get that sorted!

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Testing is going well, we don't have any ETAs but I'll make sure to get you guys added to the group once it's on the way.

Thanks for the reminder about the page update, I've chased the team to get that sorted!

Thanks as always Fraser, hope it'll come soon out.

7 hours ago, retsam said:

Lo siento, han pasado más de 2 años después de escuchar esto, desde entonces me mudé y construí mi propio enrutador. deberían avergonzarse de lo que tardan en salir y con tod

7 hours ago, retsam said:

Lo siento, han pasado más de 2 años después de escuchar esto, desde entonces me mudé y construí mi propio enrutador. deberían avergonzarse de lo que tardan en salir y con todas las falsas promesas...

Deben de tener a un solo programador.... 

On 4/29/2023 at 11:14 AM, retsam said:

Im sorry its been over 2 years of hearing this, i have since moved on and built my own router. they should be ashamed of how long its taken to come out and with all the false promises...

image.png.b6533df55f6a19c95a08d661072f062b.png

On 4/5/2023 at 23:15, robert27841 said:

Hola a todos, hay una nueva actualización para el XR700 y NO HAY ACTUALIZACIÓN. 

la forma NETDUMA es SIN ACTUALIZAR

NETDUMA parece:

imagen.png.762e0a91783aa09bb6463af76166c962.png

Que router estás usando que sea mejor que cualquiera con netduma???

• Administrators

La persona que actualizó esa página dejó la empresa, por lo que estamos en el proceso de reasignar algunos roles, incluida la actualización de esa página. Le mencioné al equipo que debe actualizarse, por lo que lo abordaremos pronto.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
16 hours ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser 

Any news about XR700 beta fw, haven't seen any updates or something new about it.

Not too much to add really, we recently released the next beta for the XR500 which was the next step we wanted/needed to achieve before the XR700 so we're definitely closer to a release

5 hours ago, robert27841 said:

@Netduma Fraser or @Netduma Liam when will the DumaOS Firmware Progress page be updated 

I've asked the team to do it this week, I'll chase them again tomorrow