XR700 Beta Update

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not too much to add really, we recently released the next beta for the XR500 which was the next step we wanted/needed to achieve before the XR700 so we're definitely closer to a release

I've asked the team to do it this week, I'll chase them again tomorrow

Hope it'll come out soon, really waiting for the release the sooner the better😄

If the port process is so easy now, can't you throw us XR700 owners a bone and give us the beta as well? Most of us are probably still using the old 3.0 beta based off the *.34 FW. It sure would be nice to run some newer FW even if it is another beta. 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

If the port process is so easy now, can't you throw us XR700 owners a bone and give us the beta as well? Most of us are probably still using the old 3.0 beta based off the *.34 FW. It sure would be nice to run some newer FW even if it is another beta. 

It's not easy and that's what we will be doing once ready

Are we any closer to anything? I have gone thru a 500, now a 700 expired extened warranty. with memory errors now. I just moved to a 1000.

I think, I would rather have buggy yet better firmware be alpha or beta, then what I'am living in right now with these routers. Netgear needs to turn these into rolling releases  and just get it out there. Those that want the risk can use it, those that don't can sit tight on the firmware they are on. XR100 so far sucks, so slow its a miserably device to navigate. Slow out of the box and slow configured. I really miss my 500.

I usually pretty positive, but this is getting really long in the tooth, so long the tooth is start to rot out ;-). Netduma please tell netgear to just release something and let it be a rolling release where we can take on any version we want from a github page at our own risk after we sign some NDA etc..

• Administrators

Nothing further to note since my last message, we also had a national holiday on Monday so lost a day there, for the XR1000 it really shouldn't be much longer either. For slow loading, disable Armor if enabled, clear browser cache/cookies and reload each page once and it should be faster then. Also make sure you're not connecting to the interface via HTTPS and that the browser isn't forcing that either.

@Netduma Fraser

Hi guys its been a half year since this topic have been created and still no 3.3 beta for the XR700 😔

The wait is so long for us XR700 owners u guys should release something for us.

I think the beta for XR500 is been around since February or January, the beta for XR700 was told to be released shortly after that one and we are still waiting, dont mention the time we were waiting before that already.

I know u guys been really busy with the R2 with all the new stuff/firmware but the XR700 owners can't be just left in a corner like this and forgotten about.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser

Hi guys its been a half year since this topic have been created and still no 3.3 beta for the XR700 😔

The wait is so long for us XR700 owners u guys should release something for us.

I think the beta for XR500 is been around since February or January, the beta for XR700 was told to be released shortly after that one and we are still waiting, dont mention the time we were waiting before that already.

I know u guys been really busy with the R2 with all the new stuff/firmware but the XR700 owners can't be just left in a corner like this and forgotten about.

We certainly haven't forgotten about it, we're fixing a few bugs from the last build, there is a big meeting in about a week so I'll get a good feel for when a firmware is likely to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
15 minutes ago, bebito_fiufiu said:

Novedades ?? Se realizó la reunión que comentaste??

Sí, pero no pude asistir, así que mañana recibiré un resumen y transmitiré cualquier información relevante.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've asked for a summary so when I have something I'll post back.

Thank you very much, hope there is some good news.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraserstill no news or a release for XR700  3.3 firmware ?

We're receiving another build this week so we'll test that and it will then depend on how well that goes as to what happens, either we can then prep for release or we/NG will need to fix anything that has found

I hope my XR700 will boot up when the beta firmware is finally out its been laying still for so long, might be dead already 😅