XR700 Beta Update

Hi guys wish u all a happy and healthy New Year.

Where do we stand like with the fw updates for the XR700 ? 

Because we getting told everytime after the XR500 but we (XR700 users) are waiting literally for over 2 years since a DumaOs update.

U guys need to fix this 3.3 firmware update for the XR700 it is not possible to take 2 years+ for a DumaOs migration of software to the XR700.

Get us some info and where do we stand for all the XR700 owners out there, we need to get some clear water because been in dark waters for the past 2 years. 

• Administrators

Happy New Year!

There isn't much more that I can say really. We are doing a closed beta test of an XR500 firmware and will be opening that up a little, once we're happy with that we can get it released or a version with fixes released then it won't be much longer for the 700. We know it's been awhile and people want it so we're doing our best to get it out.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser  @Netduma Liam

You guys let us know when the XR700 beta is available for testers ?

Cheers guys and keep up the good work 👍

We just tested a version yesterday, it did pretty well. We've requested a new firmware from NETGEAR with some new patches in it so we're hoping we might receive that back soon. Unfortunately I don't know whether that will be the one we give to testers until we've tested it so I don't have an ETA. It's in the works though!

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

We just tested a version yesterday, it did pretty well. We've requested a new firmware from NETGEAR with some new patches in it so we're hoping we might receive that back soon. Unfortunately I don't know whether that will be the one we give to testers until we've tested it so I don't have an ETA. It's in the works though!

Thats good to hear that it did good, hopefully Netgear won't let u guys wait too long.

If there is a early tester for XR700 firmware u can include me if possible.

Keep us posted and good luck for the new year 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser@Netduma Liam 

Any chance out for XR700 beta with this last firmware ? 🙈

We've tested the one that they sent us, we found a couple of bugs which we've now debugged and believe the know the cause of. We're attempting to fix them now and will then request a new firmware. Assuming all that is fixed and there are no regressions, we should be able to release the next one to testers.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

We've tested the one that they sent us, we found a couple of bugs which we've now debugged and believe the know the cause of. We're attempting to fix them now and will then request a new firmware. Assuming all that is fixed and there are no regressions, we should be able to release the next one to testers.

I really hope so been waiting for it, have no bugs with the R2 really.

Need something new to test, XR700 is just sitting in the corner 😄

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Liam

Hi guys,

Been a while do we have any news about XR700 beta firmware ?

Is it like close to come out for early testers ?

Will it include SmartQoS ?

Cheers guys

As far as I can tell it's going quite well, just a few more bugs to resolve, then I suspect we can begin to get it out there. SmartQoS won't be a part of it for the moment, SmartQoS is still sort of in an alpha state so we're using the R2 to test that, flesh it out, get all the kinks resolved then we can begin to look at getting it out on the other platforms.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As far as I can tell it's going quite well, just a few more bugs to resolve, then I suspect we can begin to get it out there. SmartQoS won't be a part of it for the moment, SmartQoS is still sort of in an alpha state so we're using the R2 to test that, flesh it out, get all the kinks resolved then we can begin to look at getting it out on the other platforms.

Okay nice, hope the bugs get resolved quick so we get a new firmware finally, hopefully won't take too long.

But SmartQoS will come later to the XR700 as well ?

Btw do you know if the PPPoE/QoS upload issue is fixed in this new version ?

Thanks Fraser

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Okay nice, hope the bugs get resolved quick so we get a new firmware finally, hopefully won't take too long.

But SmartQoS will come later to the XR700 as well ?

Btw do you know if the PPPoE/QoS upload issue is fixed in this new version ?

Thanks Fraser

That will be up to Netgear to decide but I don't see why they wouldn't, it's much more advanced than the current available offering.

I can't see any references to that in the recent builds, it's possible it's already been fixed but I'll double check.

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That will be up to Netgear to decide but I don't see why they wouldn't, it's much more advanced than the current available offering.

I can't see any references to that in the recent builds, it's possible it's already been fixed but I'll double check.

Hope u guys include SmartQoS later, thanks a lot Fraser for checking for the PPPoE issue as well.

As always thanks a lot for your help 🙏

Cheers mate

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, killaninja58 said:

@Netduma FraserI was wondering if you could also put me on the beta list fro the XR700? Also is there any idea on how long the timeline is for the new firmware? Or is it as soon as it's done, it'll be sent out? Cheers

Pretty much as soon as we're happy with it it'll be out, we don't give out any ETAs for any platform

its been over 2 years now I don't think its coming out because they are only working on the R2 firmware and they will always make some excuse every week for the XR700 for the past 2 years I think its really funny on how fast they can fix the bugs on the R2 but can't do anything for the Netgear XR router every time I contact Netgear by email they say its Netduma end that's not releasing the firmware for the XR and that they will look in to it , so I think Netduma is giving Netgear the run around too giving them the same excuse 

hey @Netduma Fraser you can close this page too like all the other pages, anytime I post anything for speaking the truth and catching y'all in your lies

if any one wants to see any of my posts go to my profile to see photos and proof catching them in their lies and closed pages

here's a recent page link that was closed