Traffic Prioritization for Port forwarding & Must try out settings below my question

Ameryjr

Hello Netduma Family, was curios  if i was to port forward & a game used tcp ports that i wanted to prioritize what would i set my traffic prioritization to? 

i have used upnp,  love everything about this router & dumaos software, i  just want to understand how to prioritize traffic thats (TCP)

(SHOWN BELOW) this Port forwarding Protocol table for battlefront is used as an (example.)

If i was wanting to prioritize whats shown below. What would my traffic prioritization be set to? upnp would only open 3659 udp and prioritize 3659 udp. BUT i want to prioritize 3659 tcp as thats shown down below as well 

E.G* source port 1024-65535 for both? TCP & UDP?

Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017) - Playstation 4

• TCP: 1935, 3478-3480, (3659), 10000-29999, 42100-42200
  • UDP: 3074, (3659), 3478-3479, 6000

Thank You!

+ if you're using adblocker disable it or pause it on your gaming device ONLY.

+ if you're using (upnp) disbale dumaos games and use games console select (gaming/voice) & select Apply to wan ( this is must have settings for gamers )

+ if you do port forward and dont care about prioritizing tcp ports select games console, select (gaming & voice) & Apply To Wan. 

Edited by Ameryjr
punctuation* ♥

• Administrators

Use source 1-65535 for every rule, then the ports listed there would go as the destination so you'll need to make a few rules to encompass them all. If it's TCP select TCP, if UDP use UDP. You can combine at least one range to use TCP/UDP the 3478-3480 rule

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Use source 1-65535 for every rule, then the ports listed there would go as the destination so you'll need to make a few rules to encompass them all. If it's TCP select TCP, if UDP use UDP. You can combine at least one range to use TCP/UDP the 3478-3480 rule

You the man Fraser! thank you! have a wonderful holiday!👑

18 hours ago, Ameryjr said:

Hello Netduma Family, was curios  if i was to port forward & a game used tcp ports that i wanted to prioritize what would i set my traffic prioritization to? 

i have used upnp,  love everything about this router & dumaos software, i  just want to understand how to prioritize traffic thats (TCP)

(SHOWN BELOW) this Port forwarding Protocol table for battlefront is used as an (example.)

If i was wanting to prioritize whats shown below. What would my traffic prioritization be set to? upnp would only open 3659 udp and prioritize 3659 udp. BUT i want to prioritize 3659 tcp as thats shown down below as well 

E.G* source port 1024-65535 for both? TCP & UDP?

Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017) - Playstation 4

Thank You!

+ if you're using adblocker disable it or pause it on your gaming device ONLY.

+ if you're using (upnp) disbale dumaos games and use games console select (gaming/voice) & select Apply to wan ( this is must have settings for gamers )

+ if you do port forward and dont care about prioritizing tcp ports select games console, select (gaming & voice) & Apply To Wan. 

Don’t use gaming/voice, then it will apply to wireless devices.

Use normal(default)

selecting gaming/voice applies to a random wireless device thats gaming your saying????? 

when i select the device specifically (My gaming console only) thats connected to an ethernet cable?🤣 

but also thats the same prioritization dumaos classified games uses as well...

im positive the traffic selector is more specific on the traffic type and has nothing to do with a wireless device. they had a bug where that used to say (wireless traffic type). instead of (traffic type).  & i believe alot of you guys got very confused by that a few months back. since then it has been resolved by netduma & fraser himself in multiple threads has discussed the traffic type. there's threads available still that the admins said they needed help on but those should have been closed since this has been resolved!

but hey, if you're really unsure just stick with normal. but just remember dumaos classified games uses (Gaming/Voice) regardless if you"re on ethernet or wifi. gaming traffic is gaming traffic

On 12/17/2021 at 6:54 PM, CRarsenxL said:

Don’t use gaming/voice, then it will apply to wireless devices.

Use normal(default)

this is *CORRECT* for the future viewers

Edited by Ameryjr
This is RIGHT!!!

11 hours ago, Ameryjr said:

selecting gaming/voice applies to a random wireless device thats gaming your saying????? 

when i select the device specifically (My gaming console only) thats connected to an ethernet cable?🤣 

im positive the traffic selector is more specific on the traffic type and has nothing to do with a wireless device. they had a bug where that used to say (wireless traffic type). instead of (traffic type).  & i believe alot of you guys got very confused by that a few months back. since then it has been resolved by netduma & fraser himself in multiple threads has discussed the traffic type. there's threads available still that the admins said they needed help on but those should have been closed since this has been resolved!

but hey, if you're really unsure just stick with normal. but just remember dumaos classified games uses (Gaming/Voice) regardless if you"re on ethernet or wifi. gaming traffic is gaming traffic

Pretty sure Fraser confirmed gaming/voice is for wifi and normal(default) is regular 

I also believe Fraser did confirm that the gaming/voice setting is for Wifi/wireless.

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38095-congestion-control-not-working-correctly-for-warzone/?do=findComment&comment=326192

For Traffic Prioritization how is the PC connected, via ethernet or WiFi? If WiFi you've got the right setting, if ethernet change it to Normal instead of Gaming/Voice.

from the link above.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Ameryjr said:

As mentioned by the others above Gaming/Voice should be selected if the device is playing over WiFi, if playing over ethernet then choose ethernet. It shouldn't really say Wireless Traffic Type since technically Normal isn't for WiFi as this has been rectified for future versions:

image.png

10 hours ago, CRarsenxL said:

Pretty sure Fraser confirmed gaming/voice is for wifi and normal(default) is regular 

9 hours ago, TrayDay said:

I also believe Fraser did confirm that the gaming/voice setting is for Wifi/wireless.

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38095-congestion-control-not-working-correctly-for-warzone/?do=findComment&comment=326192

from the link above.

oh my apologies!🙏 Appreciate you guys for clarifying! happy holidays! 🤙 

On 12/21/2021 at 9:19 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

As mentioned by the others above Gaming/Voice should be selected if the device is playing over WiFi, if playing over ethernet then choose ethernet. It shouldn't really say Wireless Traffic Type since technically Normal isn't for WiFi as this has been rectified for future versions:

image.png

Do you have to check “Apply to Wan”? Not sure quite what this does or doesn’t do. 

• Administrators
Just now, CrossFitKila717 said:

Do you have to check “Apply to Wan”? Not sure quite what this does or doesn’t do. 

Apply to WAN adds priority tags so if your ISP supports them you will get more benefit, if they don't then it won't make a difference, there is no harm having it enabled

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

Awesome, thank you! Also do you recommend Source: 1-65535   Destination: 3074-3079

Source: 3074-3079 Destination: 1-65535 

For Xbox? I think I saw that somewhere in the past?

Yes I'd usually recommend the first rule!

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Apply to WAN adds priority tags so if your ISP supports them you will get more benefit, if they don't then it won't make a difference, there is no harm having it enabled

is this how the traffic type & priority tags work Fraser?  below ive copy and pasted and will leave the link netgear has left! 

so if i guess correctly netduma tried to implement something similar 

So in traffic types

Gaming/voice will work similar to*voice* 

(defualt) would be *best effort*

Video would obviously be video traffic

these traffic ques play a role i feel and for time sensitive applications wouldn't you want the traffic type with the least delay?

WMM defines the following four queues, in decreasing order of priority:

• Voice.The highest priority queue with minimum delay, which makes it ideal for applications such as voice over IP(VoIP) and streaming media.
  • Video. The second highest priority queue with low delay is given to this queue. Video applications are routed to this queue.
  • Best Effort. The medium priority queue with medium delay is given to this queue. Most standard IP applications use this queue.
  • Background. Low priority queue with high throughput. Applications, such as FTP, that are not time-sensitive,  but require high throughput,can use this queue.

https://kb.netgear.com/221/WMM-WiFi-Multimedia

hopefully I'm understanding brothers