Help with setting involving streaming

JuanM30

5 minutes ago, JuanM30 said:

Do I just unplug the router to reset it?

Still haven't put wan ip in the dmz yet but I'll try to do that whenever I get the chance, family kinda doesn't understand, they think I'm gonna mess up the internet ha.

What about the QoS and connection benchmark that I typed? Is that good? Thank you for helping me btw, kinda overwhelming lol.

Also, on traffic prioritization- do I leave "work at home" enable? I know you told me DMZ might be the issue but just making sure the rest of the setting are the best for streaming but not that bad on gaming/gaming with friends. Basically want streaming to be the main focus while not hurting my gaming/online game that bad.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

No you do so from the 3 dots in the top right of the interface or hold the reset button for 30 seconds.

It won't mess up the internet, it will still work for them and you can always reset that if needed to get it working again. QoS seems okay for the moment, if you could provide a screenshot of a completed Connection Benchmark test as well that could be helpful. You're very welcome!

If you don't use things like Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc then you can turn that off. Yeah of course! Just to double check, is the console itself doing the streaming or is it going via your PC which is then streaming? 

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No you do so from the 3 dots in the top right of the interface or hold the reset button for 30 seconds.

It won't mess up the internet, it will still work for them and you can always reset that if needed to get it working again. QoS seems okay for the moment, if you could provide a screenshot of a completed Connection Benchmark test as well that could be helpful. You're very welcome!

If you don't use things like Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc then you can turn that off. Yeah of course! Just to double check, is the console itself doing the streaming or is it going via your PC which is then streaming? 

ok, so I just rebooted but now I cant connect to the interface? I'll send a screenshot shortly.

I'm streaming of the pc with a streaming service called (OBS Studio) but I still playing games off the ps4 time to time from games like overwatch to story games, basically whatever

12 hours ago, JuanM30 said:

ok, so I just rebooted but now I cant connect to the interface? I'll send a screenshot shortly.

I'm streaming of the pc with a streaming service called (OBS Studio) but I still playing games off the ps4 time to time from games like overwatch to story games, basically whatever

yeah not it saying page not found?????

yeah not it saying page not found?????

ok, not I just cant even access the interface, username/password isnt working ha. This is kinda starting to get stressful, been trying to figure all these setting for 2hrs +

ok, not I just cant even access the interface, username/password isnt working ha. This is kinda starting to get stressful, been trying to figure all these setting for 2hrs +

ok so, I FINALLY was able to log in but nothing is loading. Everything I go to, it say's "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute"

ok so, I FINALLY was able to log in but nothing is loading. Everything I go to, it say's "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute"

Ok, it finally loaded, took awhile but erase my setting/everything, also the QoS looks different. More options but idk what to do now. Like I said everything is fresh and reset

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

• Administrators

Thanks for that, first you'll need to set your bandwidth to what you actually pay for/expect - you have it set too high at the moment so QoS will not be as effective or even active properly. You can do this from the Congestion Control :menu menu. Once you've done that, can you set Congestion Control to Always, put the download and upload sliders to 70% each and do another Connection Benchmark test and post a screenshot please?

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, first you'll need to set your bandwidth to what you actually pay for/expect - you have it set too high at the moment so QoS will not be as effective or even active properly. You can do this from the Congestion Control :menu menu. Once you've done that, can you set Congestion Control to Always, put the download and upload sliders to 70% each and do another Connection Benchmark test and post a screenshot please?

So we were told we are getting 200 download, 10 upload. Sometimes when I do a speedtest, I get speeds up to 230 and upload to 11.50 so that's why i put those numbers. I have sliders up to 75%, Also added a rule like somebody said earlier. 

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (5).png

• Administrators

That's great, both graphs are much better now. You do have some inherent jitter/spikes on your base connection but experiment with Always and percentages and see if you can bring the Ping Under Load graph down anymore at all

If you have 10mbit upload and you require 6mbit for streaming I would also see if there is a package with higher speeds available.

It depends a bit on your ISP but I have found that most home hub style routers that are set in bridge mode still apply some form of traffic shaping. So that can mess with your stream if you are constantly running close to your limit, ie it will attempt to slow down your feed.

The line speed settings in DumaOS also control traffic shaping in your own router. Ie when I set 600/40 all is fine, when I set 620 / 42 then the traffic policer of my ISP kicks my ass with 1000+ ms bufferbloat if I reach these limits lol. I changed from a home style modem on my cable connection to business grade modem and found that this one doesn't do shaping at all so hence I got into 'issues' with these limits.

On 5/23/2021 at 5:35 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great, both graphs are much better now. You do have some inherent jitter/spikes on your base connection but experiment with Always and percentages and see if you can bring the Ping Under Load graph down anymore at all

So I just tested it and this is what I got, what's going on? I even put the speeds close to what I'm suppose to be getting

Screenshot (7).png

On 5/23/2021 at 5:35 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

also, on Traffic prioritization, should I add a rule "twitch"? would that help anyway?

4 hours ago, JuanM30 said:

also, on Traffic prioritization, should I add a rule "twitch"? would that help anyway?

I don't think that will change much actually, you've already got a rule prioritising port 1935 so that should have you covered.

15 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I don't think that will change much actually, you've already got a rule prioritising port 1935 so that should have you covered.

ahh ok. Btw, is there a way to use the router, like disable it and just use it as getting the internet from it? Idk, hard to judge if I'm having issues cause of my stream, my internet or the router.

Ok, so i've been messing with the setting but for some reason, when I have QoS enable my download is 140-200 / upoad is 6-8. When I have it off my download is 180-230 most of the time around 200-230 and my upload is 7 the lowest to 11/12? Should I just have that off then??

8 hours ago, JuanM30 said:

Ok, so i've been messing with the setting but for some reason, when I have QoS enable my download is 140-200 / upoad is 6-8. When I have it off my download is 180-230 most of the time around 200-230 and my upload is 7 the lowest to 11/12? Should I just have that off then??

We expect to see speeds decrease with QoS enabled. This is because we need to ensure that the R1 has full control over all traffic on the network and therefore prioritise your gaming/streaming traffic. 

43 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

We expect to see speeds decrease with QoS enabled. This is because we need to ensure that the R2 has full control over all traffic on the network and therefore prioritise your gaming/streaming traffic. 

ahh ok, ok I'm still having issues. The bandwidth isn't stable and I was dropping frames tonight so idk what else to do 

34 minutes ago, JuanM30 said:

ahh ok, ok I'm still having issues. The bandwidth isn't stable and I was dropping frames tonight so idk what else to do 

Are there any other devices connected to the the modem or is it just the R1?

2 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are there any other devices connected to the the modem or is it just the R1?

So the way it's setup is modem/router internet plug to the netduma. The only things plug in to netduma is the ps4 and PC. Everything else is plug in to router/modem

I honestly think it's the router that casing me issues. Every time I test the Bandwidth connection for a Twitch server it's bad. When I test my speeds, I get 200-230 download and 10-12 upload. The facts that I'm having this many issues JUST to stream 720p 60fps is very crazy and wild to me. Very stressful

• Administrators

If everything is mostly connected to the modem/router then those devices will be pulling bandwidth away from the R1 and the R1 will not be able to control the network to ensure a smooth consistent connection so that will be the cause. If you can connect everything to the R1 then I think it would work fine.

47 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If everything is mostly connected to the modem/router then those devices will be pulling bandwidth away from the R1 and the R1 will not be able to control the network to ensure a smooth consistent connection so that will be the cause. If you can connect everything to the R1 then I think it would work fine.

I'm just not able to do plug everything on it, family just wont like/allow that plus that still doesnt fix the issue anyways. The connection to server (bandwidth) is not stable when I stream. For some reason, my bandwidth to the server is lower then ever, im just getting 2000-4000 to 5500 at best. Before I was getting 9000+, like what happen????

• Administrators

It's not stable because the router can't control ~80% of the network and prevent those issues from occurring. The devices connected to the modem/router are using the majority of the bandwidth and the devices connected that need it most i.e. your stream isn't being prioritized. I get that you're unable to do it this way but that will be the cause.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's not stable because the router can't control ~80% of the network and prevent those issues from occurring. The devices connected to the modem/router are using the majority of the bandwidth and the devices connected that need it most i.e. your stream isn't being prioritized. I get that you're unable to do it this way but that will be the cause.

but I would understand IF people were using the internet. When I stream, nobody on the internet. Nobody is uploading anything so just doesn't make since

• Administrators

Devices usually on standby like a phone for example check in with online services or do background updates etc. All of this contributes to the network queue and everything connected to the R1 will come after devices on the ISP modem

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Devices usually on standby like a phone for example check in with online services or do background updates etc. All of this contributes to the network queue and everything connected to the R1 will come after devices on the ISP modem

So how do I put the router on dmz mode, finally got in?

On 5/26/2021 at 11:54 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Take the WAN IP from the System Information page on the R1 then enter that into the DMZ on the modem, it could be located in LAN/WAN or Security settings

ok, gonna do that now. Also, should I just disable QoS since not everything is plug into the netduma? See no point of using it