Help with setting involving streaming

JuanM30

On 5/26/2021 at 11:54 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Take the WAN IP from the System Information page on the R1 then enter that into the DMZ on the modem, it could be located in LAN/WAN or Security settings

btw, is it "default dmz server"? under WAN Setup

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/31/2021 at 7:56 AM, JuanM30 said:

ok, gonna do that now. Also, should I just disable QoS since not everything is plug into the netduma? See no point of using it

If you don't need to be prioritising one device over another then yes you can do that.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:12 AM, JuanM30 said:

btw, is it "default dmz server"? under WAN Setup

You'll want to be looking in the modem's settings for the DMZ feature, not in DumaOS.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you don't need to be prioritising one device over another then yes you can do that.

You'll want to be looking in the modem's settings for the DMZ feature, not in DumaOS.

well I can't priorities one device since not everything is plug in to the netduma so it wouldn't work or I'm I mistaken?

I'm not in the DumaOS. Im in the netgear interface and there is something called "default dmz server" is that where I set the netduma into dmz mode?

11 minutes ago, JuanM30 said:

well I can't priorities one device since not everything is plug in to the netduma so it wouldn't work or I'm I mistaken?

I'm not in the DumaOS. Im in the netgear interface and there is something called "default dmz server" is that where I set the netduma into dmz mode?

was also checking something about DMZ mode, it isn't safe? Will something bad happen if I do put it in DMZ mode?

• Administrators

You can prioritize a device if it is connected but it would be best if everything is connected to the router.

You need to access your modem interface to set the DMZ - not on the router interface. 

Putting the router in the DMZ of the modem is fine as the router has a firewall.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can prioritize a device if it is connected but it would be best if everything is connected to the router.

You need to access your modem interface to set the DMZ - not on the router interface. 

Putting the router in the DMZ of the modem is fine as the router has a firewall.

well like I said before, the family doesn't want to connect their stuff into the netduma.

the setup is:

Netgear c7000v2 Router/modem (everything connected to that even the NETDUMA R1)

Netduma R1 = Only connected to that is my PS4 and PC (which has NAT type 3)

That's why I'm asking if it's even worth having QoS on since I can't prioritize anything but my PS4 and PC. Also, when I have it on, my speeds are lower

download when its on = 150-185 / download when is off = 220-240

upload when on = 6-8 / upload when is off = 9-11

I just wanted setting for streaming but this has been very stressful ha. Now I just want the the NAT type to be better cause idk, this is just to much. The picture below is also what I'm talking about, idk what y'all mean by modem interface? I'm super confuse

Screenshot (12).png

Sure, in that case you may as well leave QoS disabled, but unfortunately we won't be able to do anything about dropped frames on your stream or lag in-game as DumaOS doesn't have any control over the network.

DMZ essentially sends all traffic to one device, in this case this won't be useful for you and will likely cause other issues in your network if you were to put the R1s IP here as all devices don't connect to the R1. The best way to to get an open NAT would ideally be UPnP, but you may also need to port forward if it's still showing strict/type 3. The ports you'd need to port forward will be dependant on what games you're playing.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sure, in that case you may as well leave QoS disabled, but unfortunately we won't be able to do anything about dropped frames on your stream or lag in-game as DumaOS doesn't have any control over the network.

DMZ essentially sends all traffic to one device, in this case this won't be useful for you and will likely cause other issues in your network if you were to put the R1s IP here as all devices don't connect to the R1. The best way to to get an open NAT would ideally be UPnP, but you may also need to port forward if it's still showing strict/type 3. The ports you'd need to port forward will be dependant on what games you're playing.

Well that sucks, so there's nothing I can do in terms of NAT type?

Like this has been very stressful that now I just want the netduma to be the source of the internet for my PS4 and PC but with NAT type 2 it least.

I understand I can't control the prioritize of each device cause everything is not plug into it BUT I just want it to be like if I'm connect to my original modem/router without the NAT type issues.

This is making it seem like NETDUMA is worthless and actually making harder for me in terms of everything....

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Also I'm super confuse on this part, so I can still prioritize device or not? Cause rn I have it ON and it's only showing my PS4 and PC. But since everything is not plugged in to the netduma, there's no point of using QoS right? Just making sure cause now I'm just like?????????????

• Administrators

Ah I got confused myself. Yes on the Netgear interface, in WAN Setup Default DMZ Server is what you want, then you enter the R1 WAN IP there and that should allow you to have an open NAT. You can prioritize it yes but it will just prioritize over the only other device connected but if your PC isn't doing much then its not really needed.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah I got confused myself. Yes on the Netgear interface, in WAN Setup Default DMZ Server is what you want, then you enter the R1 WAN IP there and that should allow you to have an open NAT. You can prioritize it yes but it will just prioritize over the only other device connected but if your PC isn't doing much then its not really needed.

Is DMZ bad, anything I should look out for? Like would it effect my speeds or my family connection? It will just open my NAT type right?

Also. I mostly use my PC for everything like, youtube, hulu, netflix streaming and sometimes games but I play more games on the PS4 tho like overwatch and single story games to take the load off the PC. So do you recommend to disable QoS or have it ON but prioritize more on my PC especially UPLOAD?

• Administrators

It should be absolutely fine to have it enabled, your family devices should not notice a difference but you will get an open NAT.

If you're using the PC to stream when you're playing on the PS4 for example then it would be beneficial to prioritize the PS4 but if you rarely stream/download on the PC while gaming either on the PC itself or PS4 then you can disable QoS.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It should be absolutely fine to have it enabled, your family devices should not notice a difference but you will get an open NAT.

If you're using the PC to stream when you're playing on the PS4 for example then it would be beneficial to prioritize the PS4 but if you rarely stream/download on the PC while gaming either on the PC itself or PS4 then you can disable QoS.

Ok thank you!!!

Yes, most of the time I game on the PS4 while streaming off the PC but sometimes I do play games on the PC. Depends on the games right? Cause I'm just a regular gamer, so I just it to be stable enough to play games/stream without issues. 

5 hours ago, JuanM30 said:

Ok thank you!!!

Yes, most of the time I game on the PS4 while streaming off the PC but sometimes I do play games on the PC. Depends on the games right? Cause I'm just a regular gamer, so I just it to be stable enough to play games/stream without issues. 

OK great, let us know how you get on and if you have any further issues.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK great, let us know how you get on and if you have any further issues.

Ok so I put wan IP on the DMZ but I still have NAT Type 3??

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, JuanM30 said:

Ok so I put wan IP on the DMZ but I still have NAT Type 3??

Just to double check can you take a screenshot of the System Information page and the page where you set the DMZ please?

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to double check can you take a screenshot of the System Information page and the page where you set the DMZ please?

I have it off now cause it didn't work when I put it but it was here.

Screenshot (13).png

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So like the full screenshot you did above but the whole page with the IP in the DMZ option and then the whole System Information page from the R1

can't rn but I have the Ip on the netduma on it

On 6/3/2021 at 2:24 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Was it 192.168.88.1 you put in there?

nope, it wasn't that. I went to the info page on dumaos and got the wan IP from there and put that on the dmz, that what I was told to do