Help with setting involving streaming

JuanM30

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You did do it right I was just double checking!

Ok good, I can try again today but yeah, when I put I put the dmz mode on and tested the nat type on the ps4, it still was showing nat type 3

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, JuanM30 said:

Ok good, I can try again today but yeah, when I put I put the dmz mode on and tested the nat type on the ps4, it still was showing nat type 3

That's very odd, might be you have a CG-NAT let me know what you get from that guide.

So I honestly think it's my ps4 or modem/router cause even when I plug the ps4 straight to the router/modem, it's still on nat type 3 so idk anymore.

Could anybody just let me know if this ok tho for good setting? I think I'm done trying to get nat type 3 on my ps4 tbh ha

1. Do I leave DMZ mode on even tho it's not giving me a open port on ps4?Does it help me in terms of streaming and connection improvement?

2. On QoS, like I said before. It's just my ps4 and PC plugged in so I have the sliders on 80% each on the congestion control and it's on "ALWAYS", should I switch to "AUTO-ENABLE"? I do have "Traffic prioritization" off except the ports somebody told me to put earlier to help with streaming.

3. On network setting, there's something on there saying DMZ? DMZ IP address? Should I enable that? UpnP is "OFF" btw

Anything that would help improve connection is appreciated.

• Administrators

If that is the case then you almost certainly have a CG-NAT which is not great for gaming and so you'd need to contact your ISP provider and see if they can provide you with a static IP instead - they may try to charge you for this. If it's not changing the NAT type then it won't really help. Always/Auto Enable is more of a personal prefrence, if you only want speeds reduced when gaming then go for Auto Enable, if you have trouble with buffering videos etc when not gaming then go with Always. No need to enable that but I would enable UPnP.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
48 minutes ago, JuanM30 said:

question, does geo-filter not let me play with friends outside the circle? I have some friends from germany/mexico. Do I need to expand the circle to play with them??

It will block them like any other player until you add them to your allow list, you can see how to do this at the bottom of this guide http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It will block them like any other player until you add them to your allow list, you can see how to do this at the bottom of this guide http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

is there any way to just play with my friends with out doing? Like how do I put them in the allow list while gaming on the PC? Also, what's the highest you recommend the slider to be on upload? Mostly stream so idk if 80% fine?

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, JuanM30 said:

is there any way to just play with my friends with out doing? Like how do I put them in the allow list while gaming on the PC? Also, what's the highest you recommend the slider to be on upload? Mostly stream so idk if 80% fine?

Either add them to the allow list or disable the Geo-Filter, it works the same way on PC and is detailed at the bottom of the guide. 

That could be different for every connection but we usually recommend 70 as a starting point and then experiment from there if you think it is needed