Help with setting involving streaming

JuanM30

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could be a number of reasons, but the IP likely would have changed being the main one. Copy the WAN IP from the System Information page, access the modem interface, look for the DMZ function - could be in LAN/WAN/Firewall/Security Settings and then put the IP in. 

Yes that's what we usually recommend. You may want to experiment with Traffic Prioritization on/off - there is a possibility that prioritizing your game traffic would cause the stream to suffer a little.

what about the share feature? On or off? Sorry, just new to all this so I'm so confuse ha. Also, what you mean WAN IP from the system information?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
10 hours ago, JuanM30 said:

what about the share feature? On or off? Sorry, just new to all this so I'm so confuse ha. Also, what you mean WAN IP from the system information?

Share excess? You can keep that enabled. The System Information page on the R2 interface, copy the WAN IP that is shown there then proceed to put it in the DMZ on the modem

On 5/16/2021 at 5:14 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Share excess? You can keep that enabled. The System Information page on the R2 interface, copy the WAN IP that is shown there then proceed to put it in the DMZ on the modem

Ok, Ill be trying out this today:

Anti-Bufferbloat: When high priority traffic detected
Sliders: Both 70%
Traffic prioritization: All devices - Off

I'll let you how this goes, anything else I need touch besides QoS?

6 hours ago, JuanM30 said:

Ok, Ill be trying out this today:

Anti-Bufferbloat: When high priority traffic detected
Sliders: Both 70%
Traffic prioritization: All devices - Off

I'll let you how this goes, anything else I need touch besides QoS?

That should be OK for now, let us know how you get on with it and we can go from there.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, BCM425 said:

@Netduma Admin @Netduma Fraser I have been following this thread and making the suggested edits without success. I still cannot gain a stable bandwidth when streaming. I am not sure where to go next.

It's a bit confusing as there are multiple people in this topic but are you experiencing it direct to the ISP router?

On 5/18/2021 at 4:58 AM, Netduma Liam said:

That should be OK for now, let us know how you get on with it and we can go from there.

So I just finish streaming and yeah the bandwidth was unstable again. Went from 2000 to 5000 to 3000 back to around 4500. Was dropping frame rates more then I'm use to seeing

Thanks for letting us know, is the WAN IP of the R1 in the modem DMZ yet? This could also potentially be the cause of your streaming issues. 

So when you set your radius in geo-filter, it's immediately then going back to wherever it was previously? Or is it doing this after you refresh the page? We tend to suggest you allow Geo-filter 5-10 seconds before navigating away from it to ensure it's had time to apply these changes.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for letting us know, is the WAN IP of the R1 in the modem DMZ yet? This could also potentially be the cause of your streaming issues. 

So when you set your radius in geo-filter, it's immediately then going back to wherever it was previously? Or is it doing this after you refresh the page? We tend to suggest you allow Geo-filter 5-10 seconds before navigating away from it to ensure it's had time to apply these changes.

No, not yet. The reason I cant put in on dmz is cause I cant access the interface, dont know the password/username. 

In terms of the geo filter, lets say I put the mark ON Houston (example) and I do wait it least 1-5 mins but when I refresh, the mark is moved abit more above/left/right from where I left.

7 minutes ago, JuanM30 said:

No, not yet. The reason I cant put in on dmz is cause I cant access the interface, dont know the password/username. 

In terms of the geo filter, lets say I put the mark ON Houston (example) and I do wait it least 1-5 mins but when I refresh, the mark is moved abit more above/left/right from where I left.

OK, the username and password is usually printed on a sticker on the modem.

In geo-filter, do you get the same issue occur if you instead enabled polygon mode and draw a polygon around the area you'd like to filter?

3 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, the username and password is usually printed on a sticker on the modem.

In geo-filter, do you get the same issue occur if you instead enabled polygon mode and draw a polygon around the area you'd like to filter?

ok, I'll make sure to check that.

How do I enable polygon mode?

16 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

You can toggle polygon mode in the bottom left of the Geo-filter map, apologies for not mentioning that previously.

It's ok, I don't see anything tho. All I see is the map/circle of the filter. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

My apologies, what firmware version are you using on the R1? I just thought you may not be using the beta and as such won't have polygon mode.

R1 2.1.3.29

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, BCM425 said:

@Netduma Fraser can you direct me in processing a return for this ? I am pretty unsatisfied with this whole process.

You didn't respond to my last message, it's better if a new topic is made as posts start overlapping. Does it occur direct to the ISP router?

You can see return details at netduma.com/terms

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, BCM425 said:

No, no issues with the ISP router. Only with the netduma. 

Could you make a new topic please explaining the issue again and everything you've tried/we've asked you to try and then it will be a bit easier for us to troubleshoot - if not then it will provide a link we can use to authorize a potential replacement.

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

My apologies, what firmware version are you using on the R1? I just thought you may not be using the beta and as such won't have polygon mode.

R1 2.1.3.29

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Given you access to the beta now, if you upgrade then you can use Polygon mode https://forum.netduma.com/forum/130-dumaos-30-beta-netduma-r1/

Ok, I updated the router. Alot of awesome features but now idk what to do ha. Any recommendations for stream setting with these new features?

Right now I have:

Geo-Filter
PS4 - Filtering mode on
PC - Filtering mode off
Polygon modd - off (won't that block people? so they can't play with me or watch my stream? I have some friends from different countries)

Ping heatmap
Haven't touch it

Qos
Congestion control - Auto enable
Sliders both - 75% (Internet speed I have: Around 200-230 download / 10-12 upload, most of the time 10)
Bandwidth Allocation - Download/Upload share excess are ON (Devices)
Download - 70% on the PC & 30% on the PS4
Upload - 95% on the PC & 5% on the PS4
Traffic Prioritization - DumaOS Classified is OFF & Work at home is ON)

Connection benchmark 
I used it and it gave me - A and Aa on Ping/Ping Under Load but my speed was a D

Adblocker
Do I turn this on???

Traffic controller
Idk what this does or if it well help with my problem

VPN
Off

Network setting
iPv6 - Enabled 
UPuP - Enabled
WAN General - Everything is enabled but allow remote access
Static routes - Nothing on there
Port forwarding - I have one set on my PS4 but it seems like its not working so idk if I should delete it

• Administrators

Just to double check did you factory reset after upgrading? If not I would recommend doing so first.

No Polygon mode wouldn't do that. You can leave Adblocker and Traffic Controller off. 

Delete the port forwarding rule, UPnP will open ports as needed. 

Did you manage to put the R1 WAN IP in the DMZ of your ISP modem? - It's probably the blocker causing the issue

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to double check did you factory reset after upgrading? If not I would recommend doing so first.

No Polygon mode wouldn't do that. You can leave Adblocker and Traffic Controller off. 

Delete the port forwarding rule, UPnP will open ports as needed. 

Did you manage to put the R1 WAN IP in the DMZ of your ISP modem? - It's probably the blocker causing the issue

Do I just unplug the router to reset it?

Still haven't put wan ip in the dmz yet but I'll try to do that whenever I get the chance, family kinda doesn't understand, they think I'm gonna mess up the internet ha.

What about the QoS and connection benchmark that I typed? Is that good? Thank you for helping me btw, kinda overwhelming lol.