Xr700 vs Xr1000

@Rodney Rosado3 If you have some money burning a hole in your pocket then id say go for it! But im a bit conservative and would wait and let Duma 3.0 run its course a bit longer. And also let it get to the XR700. See how it performs and get it in the most stable state it can be.. Its always cool to have the latest and greatest. But that also could come with its own issues as well.. Just something to think about.. But either way its up to you! :)  Im a bit surprised that a new one is already out when the beta for the XR500 is still going on..I would have thought the launch of the new XR1000 would have at least waited until the XR700 was in beta.. But hey its all about the new thing on the block. ;) 

Good luck!

Zippy.

16 minutes ago, Zippy said:

@Rodney Rosado3 If you have some money burning a hole in your pocket then id say go for it! But im a bit conservative and would wait and let Duma 3.0 run its course a bit longer. And also let it get to the XR700. See how it performs and get it in the most stable state it can be.. Its always cool to have the latest and greatest. But that also could come with its own issues as well.. Just something to think about.. But either way its up to you! :)  Im a bit surprised that a new one is already out when the beta for the XR500 is still going on..I would have thought the launch of the new XR1000 would have at least waited until the XR700 was in beta.. But hey its all about the new thing on the block. ;) 

Good luck!

Zippy.

Yea I was just curious about xr1000  but my xr700 been great so far it's still haves its issues and bugs but could imagine the dumaos 3.0 on xr700 going be a beast 

8 hours ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

Yea I was just curious about xr1000  but my xr700 been great so far it's still haves its issues and bugs but could imagine the dumaos 3.0 on xr700 going be a beast 

If I had an XR700 I know I would wait for the DumaOS 3.0 Its a beast of a router.. I would think the XR700 would be going into beta very soon.. Did you sign up for the Beta for it? 

Good luck!

Zippy.

Both are different animals.

XR700 is a great device for larger networks, in the way that you can run a 10G link to your switches. So you can build a 10G backbone to avoid local congestion. If you have clients streaming off a NAS etc this can become a problem.

XR1000 has wifi 6 which is obviously better in terms of wi-fi. But it has no SFP+ support and I believe only 4 LAN ports. For a regular home setup, the XR1000 is probably the better choice.

16 hours ago, Zippy said:

If I had an XR700 I know I would wait for the DumaOS 3.0 Its a beast of a router.. I would think the XR700 would be going into beta very soon.. Did you sign up for the Beta for it? 

Good luck!

Zippy.

I signed  up months ago just waiting for them to release a beta for it 

7 hours ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

I signed  up months ago just waiting for them to release a beta for it 

Awesome! Try to be patient Im sure the Beta will be released soon once they feel its stable on the XR500. I believe that is there goal atm.. Which makes sense. Even when the beta starts for the XR700 im sure there will be some bugs. If you get picked for it make sure you post for issues/bugs you find.. That is key to help them.

Do you also have the XR500?

Good luck!

Zippy.

1 hour ago, Zippy said:

Awesome! Try to be patient Im sure the Beta will be released soon once they feel its stable on the XR500. I believe that is there goal atm.. Which makes sense. Even when the beta starts for the XR700 im sure there will be some bugs. If you get picked for it make sure you post for issues/bugs you find.. That is key to help them.

Do you also have the XR500?

Good luck!

Zippy.

I`m going to wait untill its full release for my XR700... seems to work great but will be good once 3.0 gets to it. 

Hoping for 3.0 on my XR700 soon

22 hours ago, Bert said:

and I believe only 4 LAN ports.

Ill keep my XR700, need the extra LAN ports, my previous Asus router has 8 ports but speed test caps at 430mbit, CPU hits 100% at that speed, XR700 reaches 945mbit without QoS and is probably my max speed anyway (gigabit plan)

On 9/23/2020 at 10:36 AM, Kastlunger said:

im missin the SFP port on the XR1000. I have FTTH 1gbit so i always need that mediaconverter... with the xr1000

from where you bought your FTTH Sfp

Guest Killhippie
3 hours ago, jrpbkpcap said:

I wish I would have known that Netgear was putting the crunch on Netduma for the xr1000 to have 3 at release. It makes sense why the betas have been slow to roll out now. Sorry Netduma. 

Netduma have also been working with Telstra and have an app out, I'm pretty sure they can deal with the XR1000 as well, they are good at what they do.