Wireless - no internet connection

wrighty338

Same issue here when tying to connect up.

No internet / exclamation mark and authentication error every time it tried to connect.

I'm connected up to a Talktalk HG633 Fibre router.

Will hook it back up again this weekend and try some of the suggestions above.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, RainManLeeds said:

Same issue here when tying to connect up.

No internet / exclamation mark and authentication error every time it tried to connect.

I'm connected up to a Talktalk HG633 Fibre router.

Will hook it back up again this weekend and try some of the suggestions above.

Please do let us know if you experience the same where by having QoS allows the connection and having it disabled disconnects it.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Vincent said:

I just got my R2 yesterday, Far so good no issues only thing I’m a little curious should I disabled IPV6 or no? My ISP ONLY Supports IPV4 

Thanks for ordering on Vincent.

If it only supports IPV4 then it doesn’t really matter as IPV6 can’t be enabled. You can toggle it off if you prefer

• Administrators
17 hours ago, wrighty338 said:

Iv attempted changing both 2.4 & 5ghz channels, applying settings, rebooting, and this didnt change anything

Iv setup a guest network with a different name and password and i get the same exclamation mark over the wifi symbol and "no internet connection" error

Phone is set to automatically assign  IP/subnet mask/router - i just turn on wifi put in a password and away it goes usually

No biggy, My trusty R1 is right here

@Netduma Iain England :) iv tried a few channels - unless there is a specific channel you want me to try im happy to stay on my R1 this weekend 

Thanks wrighty, well I'm at office now but it sounds like your issues are fixed. All developers will be available to assist with any issues throughout the rest of next week.

16 hours ago, wrighty338 said:

@Netduma Fraser Yeah i dont run QOS all the time so i turned it off not really thinking! Always going to be bumps in the road, glad i dont have to swap any more cables or routers around today though lol

15 hours ago, jayjrlz said:

I'll try my best to clarify. Bear with me since English is not my first language. :D 

With QoS off I'm able to connect with my mobile & laptop but I cannot access the router's login page. My TV and chromecast cannot connect at all.

With QoS on I can add all the devices -> if I switch Qos off while these devices are already connected some of them still keep the connection running (TV). If I disconnect the TV and try to connect back -> it's not possible until I turn QoS back on. Chromecast's connection is lost as soon as it restarts.

14 hours ago, wrighty338 said:

IPV6 off in LAN & WAN QOS on wireless connects fine, with QOS off it does not like it

13 hours ago, wrighty338 said:

No worries chaps im happy to leave QOS on for now its not causing any issues, all my devices are connecting and iv played Battlefield tonight no issues. Il keep an eye on here tomorrow if anyone needs any futher info

Ok guys, we'll try reproduce the QoS disabled issues internally and get back to you ASAP. If it is a bug we'll get it fixed with a new firmware early next week. Thanks! 

35 minutes ago, Netduma Casey said:

Hi all, we have been able to reproduce disabling QoS preventing devices connecting to the internet over WiFi. Will be investigating this, hopefully can fix soon.

Thanks so much Casey! Glad to hear.. I also tried this and had the same thing happen.. So I was able to reproduce..

Thanks!

Zippy.

Good news, we've managed to fix the problem! After installing this new firmware, you should no longer experience any connection problems when you disable QoS.

Please upgrade to this hotfix firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

The fix included in this hotfix firmware will be rolled into the next big update, which will be released in the next few days.

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

Let us know if this hotfix works for you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 12:01 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Please do let us know if you experience the same where by having QoS allows the connection and having it disabled disconnects it.

When I first got the router, as posted in a reply here, I also had issues with Connected, no internet messages.

On the weekend after receiving it, was also struggling to even get to the router homepage connected via a cable. Eventually I managed to finally get to the router homepage (can't even remember how, may have included a few reboots, pulling the power cord), played with the radio dial buttons, then at some point, the internet started working again. Couldn't even really tell you what fixed it.

All was working well until tonight when I had a power cut and I was back to where I started with Connected, no internet messages. Again, I was then struggling to even connect to the router homepage. Eventually after unplugging the power again on the R2, wireless came alive again, then I could connect to the router homepage via wireless or wired. Very strange. At that point I had not changed anything on the router and the radio dial was on 'Auto enable' as I left it.

Logged back on here to check the latest news on this string and have seen the fix available, so I have downloaded and installed the fix just now, so we will see how it goes.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, RainManLeeds said:

When I first got the router, as posted in a reply here, I also had issues with Connected, no internet messages.

On the weekend after receiving it, was also struggling to even get to the router homepage connected via a cable. Eventually I managed to finally get to the router homepage (can't even remember how, may have included a few reboots, pulling the power cord), played with the radio dial buttons, then at some point, the internet started working again. Couldn't even really tell you what fixed it.

All was working well until tonight when I had a power cut and I was back to where I started with Connected, no internet messages. Again, I was then struggling to even connect to the router homepage. Eventually after unplugging the power again on the R2, wireless came alive again, then I could connect to the router homepage via wireless or wired. Very strange. At that point I had not changed anything on the router and the radio dial was on 'Auto enable' as I left it.

Logged back on here to check the latest news on this string and have seen the fix available, so I have downloaded and installed the fix just now, so we will see how it goes.

Sorry to hear you had those issues, we're working on new firmware closely with users at the moment so should be a new one available soon as well. Let us know if the one above resolves your issues.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:02 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Good news, we've managed to fix the problem! After installing this new firmware, you should no longer experience any connection problems when you disable QoS.

Please upgrade to this hotfix firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

The fix included in this hotfix firmware will be rolled into the next big update, which will be released in the next few days.

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

Let us know if this hotfix works for you!

Sorry just catching up on this now - have you had any joy with the hotfix or has the big update now rolled out and i can update to that? If you still need people to try the hotfix i can do it today

• Administrators
3 hours ago, wrighty338 said:

Sorry just catching up on this now - have you had any joy with the hotfix or has the big update now rolled out and i can update to that? If you still need people to try the hotfix i can do it today

I would suggest upgrading to the hotfix, a bigger firmware will be coming very soon.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that, thanks for the update!

all has been fine tonight with the wifi and QOS off, however with QOS off now the adblocker does not block any ads. if you switch QOS back on adblock will start blocking ads again. I rebooted the r2 to make sure the app loaded correctly and disabled/re-enabled it but it wasnt until i put QOS back on it started to register anything on the graphs.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, wrighty338 said:

all has been fine tonight with the wifi and QOS off, however with QOS off now the adblocker does not block any ads. if you switch QOS back on adblock will start blocking ads again. I rebooted the r2 to make sure the app loaded correctly and disabled/re-enabled it but it wasnt until i put QOS back on it started to register anything on the graphs.

Just to clarify, you're referring to the 'Disable QoS' option within the Congestion Control options? 

On 8/26/2020 at 4:12 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for confirming, this is expected behavior. When you disable QoS completely it lets you know that some features will also be disabled:

disableqos.png

Hi Fraser,

I know there is a suspected issue with R2 WiFi at present but mine too is dropping out fairly regularly on phone and laptop. Did you say there was a temporary hotfix we can download to help with the issue ahead of the next firmware release? If so would it be possible to have a PM sent to me with that info?

Thanks so much.

EDIT: saw the hotfix link above, is that the one? 129?

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, ChrisCohen said:

Hi Fraser,

I know there is a suspected issue with R2 WiFi at present but mine too is dropping out fairly regularly on phone and laptop. Did you say there was a temporary hotfix we can download to help with the issue ahead of the next firmware release? If so would it be possible to have a PM sent to me with that info?

Thanks so much.

EDIT: saw the hotfix link above, is that the one? 129?

I've sent you a PM, see if that improves the WiFi for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Strangely tonight, out of nowhere, virtually all of the devices attached to the R2 got kicked from the network and were back to showing the Connected, no internet message?

I got disconnected from a work call and most importantly of course, my son got disconnected from the Xbox, so all hell broke loose Weirdly, my wife's phone seemed to stay connected?

I haven't had time to do much with it, although tried the QOS on and off trick to no avail, rebooted router, still the same. Just ended up plugging everything back through my TalkTalk HG633 to bring everything back online.

So will need to try have a play over the weekend and see if it comes alive again. I'm already on the hotfix as above.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RainManLeeds said:

Strangely tonight, out of nowhere, virtually all of the devices attached to the R2 got kicked from the network and were back to showing the Connected, no internet message?

I got disconnected from a work call and most importantly of course, my son got disconnected from the Xbox, so all hell broke loose Weirdly, my wife's phone seemed to stay connected?

I haven't had time to do much with it, although tried the QOS on and off trick to no avail, rebooted router, still the same. Just ended up plugging everything back through my TalkTalk HG633 to bring everything back online.

So will need to try have a play over the weekend and see if it comes alive again. I'm already on the hotfix as above.

Sorry to hear that happened. We have a new firmware due out this week that should be more stable so keep an eye out for when that drops and let us know if you experience it again on that version.

• 2 years later...