Netduma Host Filter no longer works for Destiny 2 since they have changed to using Steam Network Sockets (Steamworks)

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's all backend systems, nothing on the router side. It will just allow us to more easily provide cloud updates and with higher accuracy

You can use the Geo and Ping assist yes, wouldn't usually suggest PA for Destiny but you can give it a try

Thats great news thanks very much.

😊

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kingklown said:

So does this mean geo-filter works on pc again?looks like I can go into a strike without anyone joining me

Really? What about the crucible? I don't think we've done anything specific for Destiny but maybe the increased accuracy has helped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

It doesn't require 3.0 no, it's completely on our side. We are still trying to figure it out but it's a tough one, not like any other game update where we may need to retest. They've completely changed their systems, we may not be able to do anything but we'll do our best.

Alright. Contrary to what kingklown mentioned above, it absolutely does not work with PC. Setting the PC to both "Laptop" or "Playstation" made no difference. I can see the users on the map with a triangle icon, indicating they're outside my zone, but they still connect anyways.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Jambo said:

Alright. Contrary to what kingklown mentioned above, it absolutely does not work with PC. Setting the PC to both "Laptop" or "Playstation" made no difference. I can see the users on the map with a triangle icon, indicating they're outside my zone, but they still connect anyways.

They will be connecting to whatever server is allowed within your radius - they moved to server/P2P hybrid system and now more likely server based quite some time ago so it's no longer really possible to filter players out but if you can force the closest server you'll have an advantage.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, DKitch1984 said:

If you bought your router a couple of months ago, purely for the purpose of geofiltering on one specific game (Destiny 2) which seems to no longer work, are you entitled to a refund?

You would need to email [email protected] regarding that, it's not something I could authorize.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, dmg04 said:

If not this then is there any other service or hardware that still works with D2? I miss solo loading on strikes =/

If they have truly gone to server based as I suspect then it won't be possible. We'll take a look so I won't rule it out but unlikely. It will therefore likely work like most other games, you can force the closest servers etc.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If they have truly gone to server based as I suspect then it won't be possible. We'll take a look so I won't rule it out but unlikely. It will therefore likely work like most other games, you can force the closest servers etc.

Im all most 100% its fully server based i haved try GAMBIT/STRIKES/CRUCIBLE/TRIALS and only seem to see a hand full of connections.

But the server connections for me a sub 10 ping 😍

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Luis123 said:

So that means those of us who use netduma will act as serves and the geofilter won't work? 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

No you won't be acting as servers, they will be using servers and so unlikely to be able to go into strikes solo etc.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

We'll be sure to let you all know once we've been able to release something to help with this issue, we are however still testing so I don't have an ETA as yet.

Im a Destiny player so happy they cant ddos us any more also not having the lagging players my connection has been under 10ms on xbox since the change.

I would not go back to the old peer to peer system just to use the geo filter in a way that was not intended.

But thats just me.

I am guilty off ghost lobbies from time to time.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Obada said:

I am playing in D2 and after the last update from bungie I think that it is imposible to get geofilter works again. 😕

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We're testing it currently, we'll try our best to get it working as well as we can but it is unlikely that you'll be able to filter solo games/with other consoels etc. More likely you'll be filtering servers instead.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, wintercabin said:

So what is the latest with D2 and geofilter?

We're currently testing some changes we've made, it's looking like we'll be able to filter by servers now so hopefully we'll be able to push that update soon as long as it passes the rest of testing.