Netduma Host Filter no longer works for Destiny 2 since they have changed to using Steam Network Sockets (Steamworks)

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, wintercabin said:

Great news!  Is there a specific way to set it up or just select 'Destiny' from the profile of games under Geo-filter?

I'm only asking because when I used it before, I never really got it to work properly 😕

You can try the Destiny profile and see if it works but I usually recommend setting your PC to a PlayStation in the Device Manager and then adding it to the Geo-Filter using the manual service.

51 minutes ago, Stobbart said:

Can you explain what we have to do in order to choose servers? 

All you need to do is place your location/radius/polygons in an area you want to play in, e.g. if you're in the UK place it covering the UK and parts of Europe, if there are servers there then you should get a game.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can try the Destiny profile and see if it works but I usually recommend setting your PC to a PlayStation in the Device Manager and then adding it to the Geo-Filter using the manual service.

All you need to do is place your location/radius/polygons in an area you want to play in, e.g. if you're in the UK place it covering the UK and parts of Europe, if there are servers there then you should get a game.

so nothing different from berofe? did you solve the issue on steam?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

ok so I've added my PC as a Playstation but I don't understand the last part, using manual service?

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Stobbart said:

so nothing different from berofe? did you solve the issue on steam?

Nope, just filter as you normally would and you should be able to force the closest servers now - it should work for PC as well yes

10 minutes ago, wintercabin said:

ok so I've added my PC as a Playstation but I don't understand the last part, using manual service?

If you're not on the 3.0 beta then just add it to the Geo-Filter and then setup how you want to filter and it should work

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Nope, just filter as you normally would and you should be able to force the closest servers now - it should work for PC as well yes

If you're not on the 3.0 beta then just add it to the Geo-Filter and then setup how you want to filter and it should work

Thanks!  - What settings would you recommend for optimal performance?  Here is what is my settings look like.  When should I 'flush cloud'?

image.png.4a998d15018a87b6448dbe2f2b698914.png

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, wintercabin said:

Thanks!  - What settings would you recommend for optimal performance?  Here is what is my settings look like.  When should I 'flush cloud'?

I'd recommend using Strict Mode so you only get servers within your radius, everything else is personal preference really but wouldn't suggest using fast search. The update should have automatically been downloaded to your router by now so no need to flush it but if you ever get the sense servers aren't appearing as they should be then flushing the cloud can resolve that.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Reithreges said:

I've just tested it and the filters don't really seem to be working, regardless if filtering node is on or off the results seem the same, unless I'm doing something wrong 

Are you covering areas where you know there are servers? Are you getting kicked just before you load into the game? If so do you notice anything blocked on the map? (make sure to be fully zoomed out)