Xbox One X & Party Chat

TODDzillaInLA

• 3 months later...

Welp xbox has done another update this time on my xr500 people cant connect to my party and it takes me ages to connect to theirs... GG xbox and netduma.

1 hour ago, digz_au said:

Welp xbox has done another update this time on my xr500 people cant connect to my party and it takes me ages to connect to theirs... GG xbox and netduma.

I’m pretty sure they are doing something to target useres with the netduma software. I just bought the r2 I hope it does not have the same problem 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, digz_au said:

3 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I’m pretty sure they are doing something to target useres with the netduma software. I just bought the r2 I hope it does not have the same problem 

Is the Geo-Filter disabled/in Spectating Mode when it doesn't work on this latest update? I highly doubt they're targeting our users, for a start we probably represent an insignificant percentage of their player base. Also there is no network manipulation happening and really I don't see how it would make much difference to them. I haven't seen anyone on the R2 mention an issue like that so far.

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is the Geo-Filter disabled/in Spectating Mode when it doesn't work on this latest update? I highly doubt they're targeting our users, for a start we probably represent an insignificant percentage of their player base. Also there is no network manipulation happening and really I don't see how it would make much difference to them. I haven't seen anyone on the R2 mention an issue like that so far.

Its disabled. This happened with the r1 aswell. Im on the alpha skip ahead program for xbox one x. Other routers work fine. Have no idea what causes it but something in the dumaos code doesn't get along with it. Don't think they are targeting dumaos users.  To get the party to work with friends I have to join them. This is tested with DMZ and upnp on. Currently upnp is disabled due to xr500 bug in beta firmware so port triggering is in place. 3544 to 3074 and 3075 and what is used. Everything shows nat open and cod works fine (except the horrible servers). 

Was there a cloud update recently? If so when? Anything I can do from my end to fix this? Cheers

• Administrators
9 hours ago, digz_au said:

Its disabled. This happened with the r1 aswell. Im on the alpha skip ahead program for xbox one x. Other routers work fine. Have no idea what causes it but something in the dumaos code doesn't get along with it. Don't think they are targeting dumaos users.  To get the party to work with friends I have to join them. This is tested with DMZ and upnp on. Currently upnp is disabled due to xr500 bug in beta firmware so port triggering is in place. 3544 to 3074 and 3075 and what is used. Everything shows nat open and cod works fine (except the horrible servers). 

Was there a cloud update recently? If so when? Anything I can do from my end to fix this? Cheers

Thanks for the info. A cloud update wouldn't affect this if the Geo-Filter is not being used. There will be a new build likely this week for the XR500 beta, could you let us know if you see it in the new version?

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the info. A cloud update wouldn't affect this if the Geo-Filter is not being used. There will be a new build likely this week for the XR500 beta, could you let us know if you see it in the new version?

Thanks Fraser will do, its so strange this is happening again. Hopefully the new build is out asap.

Edit: new alpha update out on xbox one x fixed this issue :)

• 3 weeks later...

still happening on R1 latest dumaos build. Returned xr500 today while I wait for my edgerouter to arrive I decided to give the r1 another crack. No issues except that xbox party just doesn't work same issues has been ongoing for months. Oh well guess some things will never work

Back on the firmware before dumaos launched and everything works fine. Most likely what somebody mentioned before the firewall needs to be adjusted but seeing as the other routers are out I doubt the r1 will get any loving in regards to this. 

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is this for the bleeding edge Xbox updates or just the standard update that this isn't working? As it's a router operating system it can be fixed in DumaOS itself.

Hi, yes its the xbox alpha skip ahead program. Alot of changes have happened in the past 2 years with party chat. When on dumaos and a party is joined, a bunch of servers pop up that are enabled and all read as azure data centers. Never see my friends on the geofilter individually any longer. What do you think could be causing the party issues? 

with my r1 i ended up connecting my headset to my computer and using the xbox windows 10 app for party chat and it worked perfect. little bonus you get to hear people rage in game chat at the same time now when they die 😃 

but yeah only fix for this the team at netduma needs to catch up with the xbox software. i have mutli xbox's and the one that is not on the preview program finally got a update and it has the same problem where no one can hear and you cant hear but it lets it connect 

4 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

with my r1 i ended up connecting my headset to my computer and using the xbox windows 10 app for party chat and it worked perfect. little bonus you get to hear people rage in game chat at the same time now when they die 😃 

but yeah only fix for this the team at netduma needs to catch up with the xbox software. i have mutli xbox's and the one that is not on the preview program finally got a update and it has the same problem where no one can hear and you cant hear but it lets it connect 

Ahh ok well they were warned about this. So what is netduma going to do about this? Can't use dumaos because no party chat but this version im on is way old and probably a security risk...

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

With Ping Heatmap we're trying to test a lot more games etc so I will ask the team to do this as a priority. 

Thankyou, all it is is some servers need white listing. Hopefully this doesn't take too long. I like dumaos on the r1.

• 3 months later...

Updated to latest beta firmware for r1. Still broken party chat on series x. What's going on lol its a gaming router that doesn't work properly on gaming devices such as xbox and pc🤦‍♂️ the rest of the firmware is very nice I was considering the r2 but issues like this hold me back because they aren't being fixed. What's the hold up netduma? 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, digz_au said:

Updated to latest beta firmware for r1. Still broken party chat on series x. What's going on lol its a gaming router that doesn't work properly on gaming devices such as xbox and pc🤦‍♂️ the rest of the firmware is very nice I was considering the r2 but issues like this hold me back because they aren't being fixed. What's the hold up netduma? 

It's a specific issue on the R1 I believe, it's not Geo-Filter related which makes it harder to determine the cause of, the team are on it, apologies for the delay.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's a specific issue on the R1 I believe, it's not Geo-Filter related which makes it harder to determine the cause of, the team are on it, apologies for the delay.

Yep been saying this for about a year now. Something in the firewall perhaps? A couple severs are blacklisted with no way to unblock them is what it seems.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, digz_au said:

Yep been saying this for about a year now. Something in the firewall perhaps? A couple severs are blacklisted with no way to unblock them is what it seems.

The only thing I could think of would be Adblocker, do you have that enabled on the router? You could try making a rule on Traffic Controller to Allow ALL traffic to the device and see if it helps.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The only thing I could think of would be Adblocker, do you have that enabled on the router? You could try making a rule on Traffic Controller to Allow ALL traffic to the device and see if it helps.

Not adblocker as the r1 has blocked xbox parties since the 2.x update. Would love to buy the r2 but if its been over a year and this hasn't been solved whats gonna happen if it happens with the r2 down the track?? Can we get a build perhaps with the r2 firewall settings or firewall settings from the og firmware?

• Administrators
13 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

lol its like xbox is anti netduma how come it works when i use party chat through my computer but not my xbox and i connected my r1 to the new xbox series x and it has the same party chat issue but my r2 doesnt

The poor R1 :(
giphy.gif

We will get to the bottom of it though I assure you. I would suggest trying the Traffic Controller rule though as it should bypass everything.

9 hours ago, digz_au said:

Not adblocker as the r1 has blocked xbox parties since the 2.x update. Would love to buy the r2 but if its been over a year and this hasn't been solved whats gonna happen if it happens with the r2 down the track?? Can we get a build perhaps with the r2 firewall settings or firewall settings from the og firmware?

It's not really as straight forward as that unfortunately to port that to the R1. The R2 does work, seems to be just on the R1 currently.