Dark problem: Call of duty modern warefare 2019

Crazy Cat

Good morning and good Sunday to everyone.
I create this discussion because I'm really freaking out.
I am playing the new cod but I am a victim of monstrous delays and continuous lag, so that the connection indicators appear in the center on the left.
I state that my connection is of 1gbps (850 download - 200 upload) and that in the other games I never had any problems.
Right now you will say the problem is the new cod then, but how come all my other friends even with a "worse" connection than mine have no lag?
I think it may be useful to provide my settings:
- pppoe connection
- no upnp
- no port forwarding
- ps4 with fixed IP address to which I assigned the dmz
- Anti-Bufferbloat disabled
- band assigned to ps4 both in download and upload 60%
- dumaos games activated
- band sharing disabled both during download and upload
I also tried to activate Anti-Bufferbloat with 70% indicators but nothing has changed.
What can it be? Can you help me?
I take this opportunity to ask (given my connection) if it is possible in any way to have cod read more than 4mbps of band.
Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help me.

Cod reads 4mbps which is normal and nothing to worry about. Even with another router it will display that in the game. 

Either use UPnP or Port forwarding but not using any of them is a bad idea as the correct ports are not being opened when needed. If you do decide to use them then only use 1 or the other, never use them both at the same time or you will also get errors.

Your PPPoE settings are unique to you and are obtainable from your isp if you do not already know them.

Enable antibufferbloat and set the sliders to 70/70 and make sure you tick "always" when you game and disable it when you have finished. 

Make sure to add your console to the geo filter and set your desired location.

Hope this helps and sorry they aren't asnwered in the order that you asked, but it is what it is! Let us know how you get on.  :D 

DMZ opens every single port for a specific device, this is 1 way of guaranteeing an open nat but at the same time can leave your device vulnerable. UPnP opens ports that are needed and closes them when they are not. Portforwarding opens specified ports for a device and they are always open, you also need to know which ports to port forward as you are opening them manually where as UPnP opens them for you. https://portforward.com/ is a site that will tell you what ports are needed to be opened if you wish to portforward.

He assigned his PS4 static ip and put the PS4 in the DMZ so all ports are open only for the PS4,

I want to ask what are the cons on a XR700 to put your console in DMZ (except the "device vulnerable").

What is the best setting for ports and what should be ticked on and what should be off like upnp only on ? And no assigned console in traffic priorization ? 

Can someone please give like the best settings for the way it really should be set up, so nothing is conflicting with each other.

22 hours ago, Mobel said:

He assigned his PS4 static ip and put the PS4 in the DMZ so all ports are open only for the PS4,

I want to ask what are the cons on a XR700 to put your console in DMZ (except the "device vulnerable").

What is the best setting for ports and what should be ticked on and what should be off like upnp only on ? And no assigned console in traffic priorization ? 

Can someone please give like the best settings for the way it really should be set up, so nothing is conflicting with each other.

The cons of using DMZ are 1. the device is vulnerable, although this is less important with a games console than it is with a PC, and 2. you can only have one device in DMZ at once, so this won't work well for multiple consoles.

I personally would forward whatever ports are suggested by the manufacturer of the game. For example, you can see the Call Of Duty ports here: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Ports-Used-for-Call-of-Duty-Games

And i'd leave UPnP on. Personally i've never had a problem with having UPnP and Port Forwarding going at the same time, but your mileage may vary.

I use only one console PS4.

But I mean what is like the ideal configuration for this that you can exclude all problems because I hear and read so much different  things.

Also I have added my PS4 as a gaming console on Traffic priorization menu and have DumaOs classified games enabled is this the right way ?

And my ps4 is statically assigned in the router.

And UPNP is on.

I think that putting your PS4 in DMZ would only improve your game, so it's worth a go.

Look for the PS4 in device manager, make a note of the IP address, then go to Settings, WAN settings and put that IP into the DMZ.

Yes I know how to put it in DMZ.

But I mean is it better then using UPNP only or port forwarding ?

And should I turn UPNP off when I put my PS4 in the DMZ with the XR700 ?

I get open Nat type with all 3 different set-ups but still game is sometimes not fluid little lag now and then. 

I play now with UPNP enabled and PS4 added as a games console to the traffic priorization and DumaOs classified games enabled.

Yes I know.

But I hear so much different stories about this topic I was wondering what is the best set-up for my router the XR700 with Netduma.

Like what is the best set-up for handling the ports for in-out coming traffic when gaming so there is no interference.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Mobel said:

Yes I know how to put it in DMZ.

But I mean is it better then using UPNP only or port forwarding ?

And should I turn UPNP off when I put my PS4 in the DMZ with the XR700 ?

I get open Nat type with all 3 different set-ups but still game is sometimes not fluid little lag now and then. 

I play now with UPNP enabled and PS4 added as a games console to the traffic priorization and DumaOs classified games enabled.

56 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Yes I know.

But I hear so much different stories about this topic I was wondering what is the best set-up for my router the XR700 with Netduma.

Like what is the best set-up for handling the ports for in-out coming traffic when gaming so there is no interference.

54 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Can someone give like a complete way how to fully set things properly up.

Even in the guide it is not fully completely explained.

There is no one way better than the other, all 3 have a simple function in that they open the ports necessary. UPnP opens ports when needed and leaves them as is when they're not. DMZ will open all ports to one particular device. Port Forwarding will only open ports you specifically tell it to. Personally I would suggest using UPnP OR DMZ, port forwarding can be difficult to get right and is easy to get wrong. Realistically as long as you have an open NAT then messing around with these settings won't improve anything for you.

Regarding Traffic Prioritization, use either DumaOS Classified Games or a manual rule not both if you just want the one device prioritized. The router may get confused trying to prioritize it twice. If you create a topic regarding the specific issue you're having then we can help further.

Hello Fraser,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

So I put my PS4 pro in the DMZ and remove the PS4 from the added device under DumaOs classified games and leave only DumaOs classified games enabled ?

Should I disable UPNP when I put the PS4 in DMZ ?

Sorry to inform you; the new cod is trash and you have spent your money on a real damn good campaign, LOL! I don't think it's your connection. There is no way around it. Call of duty has been sliding downhill on multiplayer. I may be wrong because they're still making crazy money.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:13 PM, Mobel said:

Thank you very much, I will hard reset my router and set everything from scratch up with this configuration.

I'll let you know if there is any difference.

Hello fraser i tried every different configuration

1 UPNP on with console added to traffic prio and DumaOs classified turned off, ps4 reserved IP.

2 UPNP off, port forwarding (all the right ports enabled from Activision site), with console added to traffic prio and DumaOs classified turned off, ps4 reserved IP.

3 PS4 in DMZ, UPNP off with console added to traffic prio and DumaOs classified turned off, ps4 reserved IP.

4,5,6 same as 1,2,3 but with no console added and DumaOs classified games enabled.

All with sliders 70/70, Anti-BB on always and tried also with QOS off, did this all with only the ps4 wired connected on the router and all devices in the house turned off except for the laptop on 2.4 ghz to monitor the DumaOs.

Always get nat type 2 and open in the game with all different configurations.

Always the red light on the traffic prio for packets turns on and off like it supposed to be.

Tried also with ISP dns servers and with Cloudflare dns 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 (those give me the best results after several tests on which dns is the best for me) DNS Speedtest  I think this makes no difference for online gaming.

Have also played with my ps4 line throttled to 1Mbps, 5Mbps and 10Mbps sometimes it gives very good gameplay and sometimes bad, but on normal like all devices equally distributed on the QOS and sliders 70/70 and several different numbers tried also it gives also very good gameplay and sometimes very bad (bad hit detection, players i have to lead shot to get kills shoot first die first scenarios).

So my conclusion is my XR700 is doing his job good because everything is working on my router QOS is working properly when I make a change I see the change is working, the Geo-filter do his job exactly good also (always get connected to the closest servers).

I think Activision, CoD have f****d up the whole system for online gaming with the system they are using (lag compensation) and I think there is still some things they implement in online gaming it is very bad gameplay u can have a few hours of good gameplay and then all of a sudden it all collapse.

6 hours ago, A1_Boston said:

Sorry to inform you; the new cod is trash and you have spent your money on a real damn good campaign, LOL! I don't think it's your connection. There is no way around it. Call of duty has been sliding downhill on multiplayer. I may be wrong because they're still making crazy money.

Agree... This is the worst I've seen in a while. Shoot first, die first. No reaction time - all one shot kills. Shot constantly behind corners. I loose the majority of my gun battles. I'm not a great player, but I know this is bad. 

Magic! Activate the motion blur options. I'm very angry with activision for this. I literally went crazy for 8 days. More and more convinced that they sold us a beta and not a definitive game.

PS: As not said, the problem has returned after a couple of games. Sorry

• 4 weeks later...

Finally there we are, thanks to people on the internet I have come to the point. the problem that is whipping me on this game (3 squares orange / yellow) is a problem of packet burst. So I wanted to ask the developers for a divine hand in this, what can I do on my router so that this does not happen? And then another important question always to developers, in the geo filter can I make sure to find games only on dedicated servers? Thanks