I am extremely new to vpns and when i was looking at purevpn it gave me a deal i could not pass up. so i went and made my account went into hybrid vpn signed in added my computer picked the sever closest to me set my computer to be one of the devices . I pay for 250 download speed and get 300 after setting up vpn i have ping of 500ms and download of 5mbs did i do something wrong ?

So the best I can get for this vpn changing severs and country's is ping 39ms and download speed of 5mbs when I contacted there support team they said that is normal . Does that sound normal to you guys ?

8 hours ago, Danny80916 said:

So the best I can get for this vpn changing severs and country's is ping 39ms and download speed of 5mbs when I contacted there support team they said that is normal . Does that sound normal to you guys ?

Sounds normal to me. As Crunk said above, VPN's strip you of the majority of your bandwidth and will always increase your ping. It's only worth using one if you need protection against DDoS attacks, or you're using it for something specific.

Hybrid VPN lets you exclude devices or applications from the VPN, so you can reach your full speeds / get a normal ping on those. Take your gaming devices off the VPN and you'll be fine :)

Aright it was just throwing me off because on there reviews people had pictures of  100mbs down with ping of 25 . I guess I am happy I got a really really good deal tho It was like 22$ for a year .

4 hours ago, Danny80916 said:

Aright it was just throwing me off because on there reviews people had pictures of  100mbs down with ping of 25 . I guess I am happy I got a really really good deal tho It was like 22$ for a year .

I think it is PPTP or L2TP that give you a lot higher speeds, but the caveat is that it is far less secure and is the weakest form of VPN encryption.