Xr500 firmware updates

I agree. I started this post. It's nothing but drama. At least it got a hotfix for the xr500 and a beta for the xr700. But in the end it's just a lot of crying and needs to be deleted entirely! Thank you.

Guest Killhippie
2 minutes ago, Sunaikinti said:

I agree. I started this post. It's nothing but drama. At least it got a hotfix for the xr500 and a beta for the xr700. But in the end it's just a lot of crying and needs to be deleted entirely! Thank you.

I didn’t mean to step on your toes it just seems like a good idea. :) 

Update on packet loss issues mentioned above: with tech appt. scheduled, ISP line crew manager called me (to my surprise) to let me know they were working on a local, physical issue affecting a number of customers (node maybe?), thus my appt. would be unnecessary, and that he would call me to let me know when they're done.

Sorry to clutter up thread with what turned out to be some very off topic posts.

1 hour ago, Killhippie said:

Went a very unsettling person started started accusing me of being a killer and killing hippies because of my Internet handle after going on google and saying they would  contact the FBI,  maybe one of mods thought it a good idea to delete the whole thread. 

Also that post contain information that was not meant to be in the public domain at the present time, another good reason to get rid of that thread. As Alex said the firmware does exist and it is being tested.This is why trust and in some cases a NDA are so important.

Now I think everything has been said that can be said about this new firmware subject and can I ask for one of the mods here to  separate the firmware rumour update from the main thread thread and then lock it please. It’s probably best all round 

I asked for the user to be blocked or removed and his posts removed. Looks like they did the whole thing. 😁 I think that XR500 had posted prematurely and NG didn't want that info out just yet. I see they removed my linked posts to that thread as well in some other threads I thought might have been beneficial. Presumptuous on my part. 

Ya, there's no need for any inflammatory, hate or violence in these forums. Were here to help each other. If users are having a bad time for feeling like there not getting what they paid for and don't want to wait it out, return the unit and find something that does. Stop wasting your time and everyone elses. Move along. There more important things to be not bothered by in the world. 😒

Guest Killhippie

Read Derren Brown's book 'Happy"' if you have not already. Lots about just what you were taking about, and  taking a more stoic approach to life. After all no point in getting upset about things you can't control, yes you can debate and think about them but not to the point they stress you out, or you start feeling depressed or fixated let alone angry. Life is to short to worry about lumps of metal and plastic of any kind.

On 7/18/2019 at 2:16 PM, Fuzy said:

DumaOS don't work that's the sad reality !

But they try "i think" to repair ... money money !

I use DD-WRT on XR at these moment... Work very fine for me !

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/07-16-2019-r40352/netgear-xr500/factory-to-ddwrt.img

To come back on Duma OS :

https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

Work fine, i tried ! 

"Before you attempt make sure to do factory reset. I had to trick the xr500 firmware to install, read below. I'm not responsible for damages. That is how I managed to successfully reinstall xr500 from ddwrt. 

So goto firmware upgrade in router settings, next select the xr500 firmware. 

Now when you click upgrade it's going to goto that upgrade successful page. The all white one. Now in that same white page just refresh it or go-to address bar and click go OR if there is an upgrade button there click it. Link should look like 192.168.1.1/upgrade.cgi or similar. 

The router will appear to not respond and the power light will flash that Amber color like it was in a boot loop. 

Now, use that tftp command to flash xr500 firmware again it will successfully flash. I flashed it in cmd prompt. 

That's how I got back to my dumaos firmware and it's working. 

Also, surprisingly all default settings like WiFi name and WiFi password we're back to original. 

***You might want to do first reset 30-30-30 or whatever."

Sorry for my english 

what's settings do you use?

• 2 weeks later...

So after all the huffing and puffing about new firmware, I finally have seen an option to install the latest V2.3.2.56. I followed the steps through the firmware update page in the router, the router reset and nothing seems to have changed the firmware version in the setting screen still has V2.3.2.40 for the firmware version. When I go to the update page now it says there is no

new firmware available. What is going on?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Mrbchambers said:

So after all the huffing and puffing about new firmware, I finally have seen an option to install the latest V2.3.2.56. I followed the steps through the firmware update page in the router, the router reset and nothing seems to have changed the firmware version in the setting screen still has V2.3.2.40 for the firmware version. When I go to the update page now it says there is no

new firmware available. What is going on?

Clear the cache/cookies of the web browser, it's likely cached the old version name. 

• 1 month later...

OK Netduma, where is the new Feature Set Firmware that you all promised.  Just because we got the Netgear side FW does not mean we forgot about your side that you all promised.  Where is Netduma at on this FW release? I know the community is behind me 100% on this.  Please provide a response that will be well received from the community.  A comment like we are working on it, or we are not able to discuss these items is not acceptable at this time.  Going on 1 year without updated DumaOS features. 

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, jlpotter76 said:

OK Netduma, where is the new Feature Set Firmware that you all promised.  Just because we got the Netgear side FW does not mean we forgot about your side that you all promised.  Where is Netduma at on this FW release? I know the community is behind me 100% on this.  Please provide a response that will be well received from the community.  A comment like we are working on it, or we are not able to discuss these items is not acceptable at this time.  Going on 1 year without updated DumaOS features. 

Unfortunately we can't give you the answer that you're looking for, when we provide any news/updates that's as soon as we can do that and cannot provide any information beforehand. We've recently posted about what we are working on, hopefully that will give you some hope on what will be coming in the future:

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators
8 hours ago, hell12309 said:

can anybody help me i let somebody use my router and looks like theirs custom firmware on it i need to restore it my router is netgear nighthawk xr450 uses the same updates as xr 500 please help and the router still works im glad

Capture.PNG

I'd be very dubious about a friend that completely changes your router operating system without your say so, not to mention the fact that they could do something that breaks your warranty. You will need to download the latest XR500 here: https://kb.netgear.com/000061157/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-56 and then follow this guide to install it https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP  you might just be able to upgrade normally but this would be the safest method coming from another OS. Follow the guide closely otherwise it may not work.

I tried installing it normally but it won't install I had the 2019 version of the OS he installed but I installed the latest version of 2020 it's a beta I don't understand why he did that so I kicked him off the internet uhhh The basic zip file wouldn't install so what I did is I downloaded a bin file that actually installed it I couldn't install the XR500 update though for some reason it's not letting me install the zip file

I'm smart enough to install this OS but I never did I knew this would void the warranty so I never did that I got so mad when somebody else did that I accidentally kept my control panel on the router the basic original setup I kept admin admin and I kept password password which I don't understand why I kept that okay and now I'm going to change that

• Administrators
On 4/24/2020 at 4:20 AM, fpsmercs said:

I tried installing it normally but it won't install I had the 2019 version of the OS he installed but I installed the latest version of 2020 it's a beta I don't understand why he did that so I kicked him off the internet uhhh The basic zip file wouldn't install so what I did is I downloaded a bin file that actually installed it I couldn't install the XR500 update though for some reason it's not letting me install the zip file

Sorry install the latest 450 firmware not 500. You also need to make sure you follow the instructions properly, it says to extract the .img file from the zip folder, then use that with TFTP.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:04 AM, hell12309 said:

the command prompt cant find cd desktop

As above, to start you off from where you are do:

cd ../../ 

then type dir and press enter. You'll be in the main directory for the PC which will be listed out and you can find the desktop from there. It will usually be in users/whateveryouusernameis

I got the router fixed I literally was trying all night last night and nothing happened but now I actually got it working but what really pisses me off is that this router had no chance of revival but the next day it got revived I am so mad right now

15878221204371745937641048988138.jpg

15878221343392220319998817487150.jpg

Guest Killhippie
10 minutes ago, fpsmercs said:

I got the router fixed I literally was trying all night last night and nothing happened but now I actually got it working but what really pisses me off is that this router had no chance of revival but the next day it got revived I am so mad right now

Why are you so mad if its working? Maybe don't muck around with it any more and all will be fine. Also maybe move the router higher and away from that light which kicks out RFI...