Xr500 firmware updates

Like what TFTP is not a software for everyone ... Unless you follow the process to the letter !

Do not forget to change your access code ...

I don't know why it did not work yesterday I did the exact same procedure as I did yesterday and it did not work That's the frustrating part as it did not work yesterday at all and then I gave up yesterday and then started today I had a little ankling that told me to do it again and it worked I got so frustrated I am laughing right now I am so frustrated

Guys about the router there's no real difference about the 450 router and a 500 router they're both technically the same thing just have different Wi-Fi spec so there's no reason for me not to use the 500 router update there really isn't a reason

• Administrators
7 hours ago, fpsmercs said:

Guys about the router there's no real difference about the 450 router and a 500 router they're both technically the same thing just have different Wi-Fi spec so there's no reason for me not to use the 500 router update there really isn't a reason

Separate versions are made for each because they still are not the exact same router, I don't understand what the purpose of trying to use the 500 software on it is when you already have the 450 software. As someone who has had trouble getting the software back I would recommend you use the correct one, if you use the 500 version you will risk bricking the router. You have the correct software on it now, no need to rock the boat.

I was told by NetDuma they're both exactly the same just different Wi-Fi spec and I believe them because they both act the same and they both seem the same they both have the same exact body same exact update they just have a different name over the update for different Wi-Fi routers I don't see why I have to use the 500 version update only for 500 and a 450 version update only for 450 that makes no sense at all if they're both the same exact router netDuma told me that they're both the same just different Wi-Fi spec this one does not have 6 Wi-Fi and the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi is slower than the 500 router

Edited by fpsmercs

• Administrators

While they are similar routers it doesn't mean the software is exactly the same/can even be applied to both. I don't even think it would allow you to install the XR500 firmware on it. Even if it did work you're likely to cause more issues for yourself using incorrect software.

Just letting you know I wasn't able to install the XR 500 update a while back when I was trying to flash the memory I was able to install the XR500 update manually through the update software when the XR 450 update was actually working on there it didn't destroy anything it actually worked when I installed the 500 update on there

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, fpsmercs said:

Just letting you know I wasn't able to install the XR 500 update a while back when I was trying to flash the memory I was able to install the XR500 update manually through the update software when the XR 450 update was actually working on there it didn't destroy anything it actually worked when I installed the 500 update on there

Okay well if you have any issues in the future install the XR500 software, if you ask here for support that will be the first thing I ask you to do as well.

NG keeps the model FW different so there is a reason. Don't attempt to load a different model spec FW on a XR450. Just won't work. Please keep XR450 FW separate and load the 450 FW only on the XR450 router. Even if they are slightly different, you have to use the same model FW. It been like this since the beginning of time. 

4 hours ago, fpsmercs said:

My experience in these matters tells me to heed the advice: Companies don't spend time producing things they don't have to, if they could get away only writing one version they would. That would put enough doubt in my mind to make me take the advice. Also there is enough difference in the spec to realise, no firmware can make the difference, and if the components are different, then the software that drives them will be too.

That being said: I have seen upgrades to DVD players (Remember those!) where the cheaper version of the same model; could perform as well as the more expensive one, if the smarter firmware was installed. Though I don't think this so in this case, because It's not just a change of version, but that the model is different.