How are you finding DumaOS on the R1?

Netduma Admin

posted in the wrong topic, here is my feedback so far with Frasers comments on it

8 hours ago, Od1n said:

The installation worked out very well and i cannot spot any problems (yet, will give more feedback later)

One thing i noticed, is there a manual for the new DumaOS features?
Some of those are new to R1 users such as under QoS Bufferbloat "goodput" box, what does it do?

also things like bleeding edge cloud, deep packet processing is no longer available, is it no longer necessary to adjust those?

here some quick pros and cons that i noticed:

+ so far im quite happy with the new interface, looks much better although i miss an early adoper logo haha

+ the new device manager is much better than the previous one, especially the LAN/WLAN separation was a great choice

+ very nice to have a QoS high traffic detection system, thats pretty neat

+ the detection is actually pretty spot on, it only activates when im in a fortnite game but stops when im back in the lobby

my concern here is that some games measure your ping to find the best server, if the detection kicks in too late you might end up on a bad server due to a high ping

+ so awesome to have more infos regarding the server in the geo filter, great way to tell if your fav game uses the amazon aws servers or differnet ones :)

- the option to change your internet speed is hidden a bit too much, same for the share excess option

- some of my devices are still labeled as unamed devices, might have to manually figure out which those are and rename them

- the bandwidth network graph is not really ideal, the bottom one should scale with your total bandwidth but the upper one makes more sense to be permanently scaled to your maximum possible bandwidth. That way you gain a lot more information, right now the two are too similar

- you have to constantly move the mouse within the upper network graph to see its bandwith useage, sure you could look at the bottom graph too but if you offer an option to hover over the different graph bars then the numbers shouldnt vanish after 1 second if you dont move the mouse

- QoS tab: do i have to manually add devices for traffic priorization? or is it better to only keep the "all devices" option active

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There are lots of ? icons around which will tell you what features do. We will be making more guides also. No longer necessary to adjust cloud.

Thanks for your feedback on those options being hidden. 

Reboot and their proper names may appear.

We'll probably add some filters in future to make it easier for people to adjust 

Would recommend keeping the all option enabled

They may have changed the Fortnite servers recently as it was working not too long ago, most likely added some due to demand. 

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, Funkycow said:

Big thanks to everyone at Netduma duma os is brilliant so fare only issue am having is it sometimes says script error when applying settings 

I'm glad you're enjoying it! It could be worth checking out that script error anyway if you wanted to drop a screenshot here? If the setting apply correctly it won't be anything to worry about though. Keep us posted on how you're finding it :)

Clean and flexible interface, I did come across errors while loading network settings after the update.

The only feature I like more on the DumaOS has really done well, its the Add/Deny feature has impressed me. You have a well listed system unlike the old system it's just green or red dots you see, you can't edit individual added friends or server.

Good job Netduma Team it was worth the wait, can't wait for the final build to roll out.

Whenever I switch geo filter to filtering mode in bo4 I keep getting lobby is not joinable errors.    Also on my map no servers etc are showing up except those friends I have added manually.     I even cranked it up to 5000 km range and still nothing and I know there are numerous servers near me.   The closest bring 600km.   

My congratulations. I experienced DumaOS already some days on the XR500 but decided to go for the R1 because of the neutral design. It have been some tough days to play PES during the last weeks but today with the open beta it was almost perfect. Played online opponents with a ingame ping of 9ms. Cant remember that had this before. Even discovered a Pro Evolution Profile. For now all I can say: Keep up your great work and many thanks for this wonderful tool. 

• Netduma Staff
16 minutes ago, Ducky62 said:

Whenever I switch geo filter to filtering mode in bo4 I keep getting lobby is not joinable errors.    Also on my map no servers etc are showing up except those friends I have added manually.     I even cranked it up to 5000 km range and still nothing and I know there are numerous servers near me.   The closest bring 600km.   

Do you see servers every now and again, or do they literally never appear? Which game mode are you playing and which device are you using? Is your Geo-Filter zoomed all the way out as well?

2 minutes ago, hellfish89 said:

My congratulations. I experienced DumaOS already some days on the XR500 but decided to go for the R1 because of the neutral design. It have been some tough days to play PES but today it was almost perfect. Played online opponents with a ingame ping of 9ms. Cant remember that had this before. For now all I can say: Keep up your great work and many thanks for this wonderful tool. 

I'm glad you're having a great time in PES! More awesome tools on the way, this is just the beginning for DumaOS :D

1 minute ago, Netduma Jack said:

Do you see servers every now and again, or do they literally never appear? Which game mode are you playing and which device are you using? Is your Geo-Filter zoomed all the way out as well?

I'm glad you're having a great time in PES! More awesome tools on the way, this is just the beginning for DumaOS :D

They were never appearing.   I used the flush cloud option and they showed up.    

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ducky62 said:

They were never appearing.   I used the flush cloud option and they showed up.    

Could you try this please:

1. Set your Geo-Filter to Filtering mode
  2. Set your ideal range e.g. just cover the server region you like the most
  3. Restart Black Ops 4 completely 
  4. Try searching for games again

We're not certain yet, but it looks like setting the Geo-Filter up before booting the game ensures you only ever get given servers within your region for your entire playtime, so you get rapid search times on a guaranteed low ping 😎

Hey there, I upgraded my R1 an hour ago and played a bit with the Options and have some Questions:

I use the PS4 for Playing and I use dslreports for checking the BufferBloat. I have a cable Connection 500 Down, 50 Up. I set GeoFilter for my PS4 to Spectator Mode (think this means it is not active?) for my Testings.

Anti-Bufferbloat is ALWAYS on in the Moment in QoS. Should I test my Settings with my PC or the Browser from the PS4? I do this all to have a better PS4 Gaming Experience.

I tested it with the PS4 Browser and on my PC.

In Anti-BufferBloat I have this Settings:

Download to 20% = 100Mb

Upload to 40% = 20Mb

The PC and PS4 are set to 10 for Download and Upload in the Bandwidth Allocation

I started the Speedtest at DSLREPORTS and get this results:

PC: Download around 75Mb and Upload around 15MB

after that the 2 Test

PS4 Browser: Download around 10MB and Updoad around 6MB

Why this Difference on this 2 Devices with same Settings and why are the Speeds so high with Bad BufferBloat Spikes? I thought if 100 MB is max for All Devices and I set Download (PC + PS4) to 10, it should not go higher than 10MB in the Speedtest? And if Upload is set to 20 MB for all Devices and I set PC + PS4 to 10 it should be around 2MB Upload Speed?

On the Original R1 I had the Option for Turbo Speed and Super Turbo Speed and unchecked them if I started gaming and that helps me with the Bufferbloat but I think that Option is gone?

Hi there

Installing was very easy, but the pages load very slowly if at all 

I keep getting the following message " This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute"

or "The operation is taking longer than expected" 

I have rebooted on numerous occasion but I get the same message

• Administrators

Do you have an active internet connection on your R1?

If yes and this continues after 1 hour, could you try upgrading again please?

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Atzenkeeper500 said:

Hey there, I upgraded my R1 an hour ago and played a bit with the Options and have some Questions:

I use the PS4 for Playing and I use dslreports for checking the BufferBloat. I have a cable Connection 500 Down, 50 Up. I set GeoFilter for my PS4 to Spectator Mode (think this means it is not active?) for my Testings.

Anti-Bufferbloat is ALWAYS on in the Moment in QoS. Should I test my Settings with my PC or the Browser from the PS4? I do this all to have a better PS4 Gaming Experience.

I tested it with the PS4 Browser and on my PC.

In Anti-BufferBloat I have this Settings:

Download to 20% = 100Mb

Upload to 40% = 20Mb

The PC and PS4 are set to 10 for Download and Upload in the Bandwidth Allocation

I started the Speedtest at DSLREPORTS and get this results:

PC: Download around 75Mb and Upload around 15MB

after that the 2 Test

PS4 Browser: Download around 10MB and Updoad around 6MB

Why this Difference on this 2 Devices with same Settings and why are the Speeds so high with Bad BufferBloat Spikes? I thought if 100 MB is max for All Devices and I set Download (PC + PS4) to 10, it should not go higher than 10MB in the Speedtest? And if Upload is set to 20 MB for all Devices and I set PC + PS4 to 10 it should be around 2MB Upload Speed?

On the Original R1 I had the Option for Turbo Speed and Super Turbo Speed and unchecked them if I started gaming and that helps me with the Bufferbloat but I think that Option is gone?

Could you create a new topic for this please with all the information. It's hard to support a complicated problem within a wider discussion thread. Thanks

12 hours ago, kboogie said:

is Auto Ping not working for BO4?

Yes, it should be (has been for us). Is it not working for you? Do you definitely have it enabled? (Click the options 'burger' menu on the top left corner of the Geo-Filter Map to check)

• Administrators

Cheers for reporting this Hellfish. If you rotate the tablet, e.g. from landscape into portrait, does it look correct? And is it just on the Dashboard that it looks like this?

31 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Cheers for reporting this Hellfish. If you rotate the tablet, e.g. from landscape into portrait, does it look correct? And is it just on the Dashboard that it looks like this?

After rotating it’s the same. It’s in every category the same. You scroll down and then the red background stops. On the IPhone it’s also like this.

image.jpg

• Administrators

Ok, thanks for letting us know. Iphone we know about - the current GUI has been designed for desktops, not mobile (we're looking into getting a mobile app)

Yes IPhone would need an app cause with this surface it is too small anyway to change any settings. On the other hand with Iphone and IPad it’s more comfortable to check for example the Ping to the opponent (to prepare your self mentally to the expected quality of game play; at PES you really feel the difference if it is a ping between 5-25ms, 25-40ms or one above regarding smoothness; so I cant agree the sentence at the help description at Auto ping saying a ping up to 100ms in general is fine; with your excellent tool „lag free“ was yesterday, now it’s time go the the best possible quality and all about 50ms is not playable) sitting infront of the PS4 with the big laptop. But this is a really luxury problem at the moment ;-)...

16 hours ago, kboogie said:

is Auto Ping not working for BO4?

4 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Yes, it should be (has been for us). Is it not working for you? Do you definitely have it enabled? (Click the options 'burger' menu on the top left corner of the Geo-Filter Map to check)

It Isn't wasn't working for me either. It was randomly working the other day and now it's back to there is currently no host or server to ping while it was in game in bo4. 

and now it's working in the next game when connected to the r1's wifi for the web interface vs not using the r1s  wifi

is flush cloud meant to work?

Sat Oct 13 14:34:50 2018 user.info syslog: Geo-Filter cloudsync result 'false','tar failed with status 'false''

pings.png

5 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Could you create a new topic for this please with all the information. It's hard to support a complicated problem within a wider discussion thread. Thanks

its definitely not working for me. I don't even have any square boxes on my screen at all

image.thumb.png.794e54ed7bbe2baeeba9281be8649526.png

8 minutes ago, kboogie said:

its definitely not working for me. I don't even have any square boxes on my screen at all

image.thumb.png.794e54ed7bbe2baeeba9281be8649526.png

You don’t have a device added to your geofilter. Click the ‘Add Device’ button and select your device. It will then show hosts/servers.

Hello Netduma team,

I have noticed a problem with trying to re-arrange the windows on the R-Apps.  I first noticed it when I was trying to re-arrange the windows on the QoS tab to have Bandwidth Allocation on the bottom, Anti-Bufferbloat Sliders on Top, and the  Traffic Prioritization  and Traffic Prioritization Information in the middle. The issue is I could re-arrange the Apps on that screen, and the Pin and Help buttons stop working. I have been able to recreate this issue at will. I'm using Chrome and Windows 10.  Here's what I am doing:

1. I try to grab an R-App window using Left Click on my mouse and drag the window to the area I want to move it 
    1. The app window will not display the 4 directional arrows which indicate the ability to move the window when I try to grab it
    2. instead it "Selects" (highlights) whatever is in the window I am trying to grab
    3. I attempted this with the Pins in both states...filled in white and just the outline of the pin
  2. Then I click Left Mouse again to clear the selection.  This is the step that causes the Pin and Help buttons to stop functioning
    1. after this point, I cannot change the state of the pins or access the help feature
    2. I go to a different R-App on the left hand side of the screen, such as Network Monitor or Device Manager and load that screen 
    3. Then click back on the app which stopped working, and I can select the Pin and Help buttons again until I try to re-arrange the windows
  3. This same situation happened on Network Monitor and System Information tabs

I attached a snip of the "Selection" that happens when I try to move the windows. you can see the text highlighted in blue. After I try to move that window, and click left mouse again the buttons stop working until I reload another R-App.  I'm pretty sure I made myself clear enough, but wanted to illustrate what I was doing.  

Is it not possible to re-arrange the windows on those tabs in the first place? If it's not, I would still think that the pins and help buttons would work.  Please let me know if you would like any more information

QoS App Window selected.JPG

• Administrators

@major masingil you can only move panels on the Dashboard. This is a single page that lets you pin all your favourite panels and rearrange them. The individual feature pages, e.g. QoS, can not be rearranged. 

Could you check the dashboard is working? Thanks for reporting though - giving steps to reproduce is very helpful - so if you find anything else let us know!

@kboogie as Pollution said, could you add your gaming device to the Geo-filter at the top. 

@SturdyFugur did it consistently not auto ping during the entire game? Interesting to know if so. We’ll investigate.