Xbox One becomes BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE & New Controller!!

Dillinger

Okay, not looking for a console battle here.  By the spec's the PS4 is the tech-guys choice and I think the sales numbers will support that claim.  But this IS some seriously good news for those of us that haven't left the MSFT ship just yet.

http://charlieintel.com/2015/06/15/xbox-one-is-now-backwards-compatible-with-xbox-360/

That's right - Older CoD's will be available to play on the XBox 1.  Note:  I am sure there will be those that will bitch about HOW Microsoft went about it, or how they are scamming us for re-purchase, but nothing in what I read indicates that is the case.  If you own the disc, insert it and you can download whatever is needed from the Xbox store and away you go.

For me, this is fantastic.  I don't like the 360 controller as it feels small in my hands.  I like the feel of the XB1 controller a lot better, so even if I have to pay $10 or $20 to re-download the game to play on the newer system, I would gladly do that.

AND...... Man do I love this!!

Check out the NEW Xbox 1 ELITE controller:  http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/15/8783211/microsoft-xbox-one-elite-wireless-controller-announced-e3-2015  |  http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller | This thing is SICK!!!

That's right.  It has all the features of the SCUF, and a few new ones, that should make the argument of using a controller of this type "cheating" obsolete.  

I talked about this months ago, in a thread I can't find, that the SCUF was NOT a modded controller because it did not change the gameplay mechanics.  It made them easier to perform, but it did not alter the game.  My argument was if MSFT would just put out an "official" controller with paddles and more sensitive trigger stops, it would end the argument all together.

An officially licensed and approved controller, by the manufacturer, that does the same stuff as a SCUF, withOUT doing all the reload cancelling/auto-dropshotting and horseshit GamerMODZ and those other clowns push.

This has been a good day. :D

PS - And after my most recent ordering NIGHTMARE, I can safely say EFF YOU SCUF!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think think this is a great idea because you can now play with friends that are still on the 360. I just hope they don't try to screw us like with the 'always on' announcement.

Right now I am loving life. Other than cost there is no reason to stay with the 360, right?

I think think this is a great idea because you can now play with friends that are still on the 360. I just hope they don't try to screw us like with the 'always on' announcement.

Right now I am loving life. Other than cost there is no reason to stay with the 360, right?

I was thinking the same thing, but the 360 DOES allow me to play movies from a thumb drive, let's say from my previously purchased and ripped DVD collection :rolleyes: .  The last time I checked, and admittedly it has been awhile, I was not able to do that on Xbox one.  I imagine some hacker has figured out a way to do it, but I am an old man and I like convenience. :D

I'm psyched. I really hope they plan on doing the older COD's. Right now the list is lame, but I am optimistic.

It's going to be the "recent" franchise from what I have read.  Once the "enhancements" are loaded into the Xbone store, you can download and play previous titles.  Based on sales alone, I would suspect back through MW2 should be VERY HIGH on the "get it done" list.

I'm really psyched because it will further thin the hacking herd and allow for more "fun and playable" games, minus the bullshit.  

I got so hyped with that controler the paddels are just as i always wonted to have their locations is something that will fit my hand perfectly to bad i am on ps4

It's going to be the "recent" franchise from what I have read. Once the "enhancements" are loaded into the Xbone store, you can download and play previous titles. Based on sales alone, I would suspect back through MW2 should be VERY HIGH on the "get it done" list.

I'm really psyched because it will further thin the hacking herd and allow for more "fun and playable" games, minus the bullshit.

So true. The fact you can cross play and chat is stupendous. Now if they can only fix the party to fit more than 8.......

• Netduma Staff

Really looking forwards to the backwards compatibility! I wish they would so this for PS4 but I'm happy that at least on of them has gone forwards with the idea :) The controller looks awesome too but probably won't get that as I have a Scuf.

Really looking forwards to the backwards compatibility! I wish they would so this for PS4 but I'm happy that at least on of them has gone forwards with the idea :) The controller looks awesome too but probably won't get that as I have a Scuf.

My theory is they're afraid of the loss in market share to PS and this is a way for them to take back some customers or gain new ones. This may have been said above, I don't know. If it was sorry for copying. :)

I got a feeling that the PS4 is not far behind with similar changes. It wouldn't make business sense not to do it.

Also I got a feeling this is going to bring a lot of gamers back to the Xbox that left.

Could it also mean more concurrent people online playing the same game and theoretically a better experience to a degree? I mean Dumatically. :)

Do you need to buy a new xbox one though? Will this work with my current one? If so I beg for a resurgence of Halo 3. 

It's bound to be a firmware upgrade not hardware based I would say

No doubt this is welcome news. But doesn't it anger you guy's this feature wasn't available at launch?  Or at least being able to play single-player elements of our old gen games on the 'new more powerful consoles.'

I'm convinced its omission was a money grab and not the solving of some significant technical issue.

Better late than never I guess.  Hopefully, PS4 will follow.

Before I worked in software, I probably would have agredd with you DD. Now, I am not so sure it was an intentional omission as opposed to a priority based development plan that just didn't have time to stop and address backwards compatibility.

With PS getting the exclusive rights for DLC, I assume MSFT knew this was happening months, (years?), before we did, I feel that is a safe guess. I suspect the priority to develop the backwards compatibility was elevated to help ease that impact to the consumer. A consumer base that already wasn't thrilled with the performance specs and now they lose exclusivity to one of the top titles? There were meetings about this, I am sure....LOL

I'm really the last guy to consult on the HOWs, as I work as a Scrum and Project manager, but I suspect you are correct.

I know the testing would have been a bitch and I suspect there will be issues on in game things only known to those that really play the game in question religiously.

It won't be perfect out of the gate, but as with most things in life, there is never time or money to do it right, but there is always time and money to do it over.

Before I worked in software, I probably would have agredd with you DD. Now, I am not so sure it was an intentional omission as opposed to a priority based development plan that just didn't have time to stop and address backwards compatibility.

With PS getting the exclusive rights for DLC, I assume MSFT knew this was happening months, (years?), before we did, I feel that is a safe guess. I suspect the priority to develop the backwards compatibility was elevated to help ease that impact to the consumer. A consumer base that already wasn't thrilled with the performance specs and now they lose exclusivity to one of the top titles? There were meetings about this, I am sure....LOL

Awwww... c'mon D, let a Dog have his Bitch. I like a bit of conspiracy in my theories when discussing all things Microsoft.  Your explanation is far to rational and plausible   :D

The emulation of 360 games to XB1 shouldn't be that hard vs. PS3 to PS4.

The XB360 had an AMD GPU just like the XB1 does. This is the majority of the porting process if the GPUs don't match. Code is code, but AMD and Nvidia (PS3) do things differently. Thus, why certain games have graphic features other games don't. 

I would hate to be the CEO of Scuff this morning ;)

I would be dusting off that resume because who in their right mind is going to buy a Scuff now that MS is going to offer an official one at half the price AND with better build quality, supposedly?

I'm also looking forward to older CoDs, but I want older games like the original Borderlands, Rainbow Six Vegas games and maybe Ghost Recon titles, too. 

Awwww... c'mon D, let a Dog have his Bitch. I like a bit of conspiracy in my theories when discussing all things Microsoft.  Your explanation is far to rational and plausible   :D

Never let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy my friend.  LOL

My wife worked for MSFT in the Comp and Benefits department for about 2 years.  She no longer works there and we are BOTH much happier for that change.  Without going into too much detail, that company is RIDDLED with lower and middle management that, AT THE TIME, made doing the simplest of tasks a chore of Herculean effort.  

I don't know what the current state is over there in Redmond, so I can not comment with facts, but I kind of suspect not a ton has changed in the last 5 or so years.

I would hate to be the CEO of Scuff this morning ;)

I would be dusting off that resume because who in their right mind is going to buy a Scuff now that MS is going to offer an official one at half the price AND with better build quality, supposedly?

I'm also looking forward to older CoDs, but I want older games like the original Borderlands, Rainbow Six Vegas games and maybe Ghost Recon titles, too. 

That is more or less one of the first things that came to mind when I saw the new controller from MSFT.  Having just had a NIGHTMARE of an order process with SCUF (my rant could be long and fact FILLED) I welcome the opportunity to give my money to ANYONE else for a controller that offers the limited capability of that of SCUF.

I would LOVE to play Rainbow Six Vegas, and even some of the older, older Rainbow and Rogue Spear games on the XB1.  

@Dillinger That is good your wife got out of MSFT! You might look at Battle Beaver Controllers. Less expensive than a Scuf and just as good! Talk to the owner directly Chris he is good people! Plus you do not have to wait as long or deal with that horrible CS from Scuf. Chris knows how to treat his clients!

@Dillinger That is good your wife got out of MSFT! You might look at Battle Beaver Controllers. Less expensive than a Scuf and just as good! Talk to the owner directly Chris he is good people! Plus you do not have to wait as long or deal with that horrible CS from Scuf. Chris knows how to treat his clients!

Thanks man.  I did some reading and reviews were heavily mixed, so I went back to the well for what I hope is the last time with SCUF, and ordered one for each system.  Customer Service was a nightmare, but they finally made it right with me so that is all I will say.

Battle BEAVER - No wonder I couldn't immediately find them when I was searching.  :ph34r:  :blink:

Archived