Xbox One becomes BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE & New Controller!!

Dillinger

@Dillinger I know I ordered 2 Scuf controllers for my Xbox One. The first one didn't come with the trigger stops so they just shipped them to me to install myself but they didn't fit properly or were for the 360. The second one I decided to cancel after about a week of emailing back and forth. To my surprise they refunded me for the second one and sent it to me anyway. For that I am grateful for all the headaches.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Dillinger That is good your wife got out of MSFT! You might look at Battle Beaver Controllers. Less expensive than a Scuf and just as good! Talk to the owner directly Chris he is good people! Plus you do not have to wait as long or deal with that horrible CS from Scuf. Chris knows how to treat his clients!

Always liked a good beaver battle. If you know what I mean.

The only games available for backwards compatibility are as follows:

A Kingdom of Keflings

A World of Keflings

Alien Hominid HD

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Defense Grid

Geometry Wars Evolved

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Kameo

Mass Effect

N+

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Super Meat Boy*

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Toy Soldiers

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

Zuma

Xbox is continuing to add more titles.  Not all titles will be supported but be patient.   Only Xbox preview members can actually experience this currently and it is to be released for everyone I believe in the fall.  

You never know they might but if i was rockstar then i would not as it would be lost revenue, I do not think any developer that has made a HD version of an old 360 for the One will let the old title play, hey i could be wrong.

Is that list seriously the list? O.o

If you notice, it's not just various genres, but different types of games that vary in complexity from 2D games like Geometry Wars, to full 3D games like Mass Effect. This is on purpose to iron out the bugs of the porting process and get tools and a work flow in place for the more complex and popular games e.g. CoD, Gears of War, R6 Vegas, etc.

If you notice, it's not just various genres, but different types of games that vary in complexity from 2D games like Geometry Wars, to full 3D games like Mass Effect. This is on purpose to iron out the bugs of the porting process and get tools and a work flow in place for the more complex and popular games e.g. CoD, Gears of War, R6 Vegas, etc.

Good point. They said that they created totally virtual 360 and the games are running on an emulator. I tried it out last night and I'll be honest it looks pretty damn good. Atta Xbox.

I gotta admit the things xbox has coming in the future are pretty sweet.I'm a sony player but am considering getting a xbox one so I can have both.Should be an interesting year,really curious how the backwards compatibility will work out for you MS guys.Hopefully sony will follow suit with that and the controllers,so I can quit buying scuf's   :D

still, not enough to get me to buy a X1. there have just been too many problems... and no one i know owns one either or plans to get one. honestly Win10 is a much bigger announcement for me with Xbox coming to windows! i can use the new controller and might just have to buy a DVD player for my machine to play all my 360 games if this is part of that working out. unless i am reading it wrong.

Xbox is coming to Windows6

Get the biggest Xbox franchises with the best of Xbox Live. Start recording gameplay in seconds, compete against console players, and stream games from your Xbox One console to your Windows 10 device from anywhere in your home.

6Broadband internet required for some features (ISP fees apply). Xbox Live features only available with supported games in Xbox Live-supported countries, see xbox.com/live/countries. Limited number of games available in 2015 that support cross-device play; additional games to follow. Stream to one device at a time; streaming with multiplayer from Xbox One requires home network connection and Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately); Gold also required for multiplayer play on Xbox One. DirectX 12 only available with supported games and graphics chips. Game DVR only available with supported hardware. To check for compatibility and other important installation information, visit your device manufacturer’s website and the Windows 10 Specifications page. Xbox One, PC/Tablet and Phone versions of games all sold separately.

Good point. They said that they created totally virtual 360 and the games are running on an emulator. I tried it out last night and I'll be honest it looks pretty damn good. Atta Xbox.

??

Are there games on the XB1 that already are backwards compatible?  I thought this wasn't coming until later this year?  Or is that for certain titles and there are early edition games from the 90's that are already carried over?

Xbox Preview Program is how Microsoft tests new Xbox One software ideas and services before they’re available to everyone else. It’s completely voluntary and users don’t get paid for joining. What they do get are early looks at features coming before anyone else outside of Microsoft does. Microsoft updated the Xbox One’s software in some form around 10 times last year at least; Xbox Preview Program members got those updates before they were made available to anyone else.

In exchange for getting new features before anyone else, Microsoft asks Preview Program members to test out new features and provide feedback. Usually, that’s through Xbox Preview Program forums, but last year Microsoft also launched a Preview Program app and dashboard that allows users to pass on their comments and critiques without picking up their smartphone or PC. Take this year’s first Xbox One update for example. Today, Xbox Preview Program members are testing transparent tiles that lets users see more of their backgrounds. In a survey about the feature Microsoft asks users to rate the feature and whether adding different levels of transparency might make it a bit easier to use.

If you’re looking for an easy way to get the latest and greatest features without issues, the Xbox Preview Program isn’t for you either. Again, users who participate in the program are getting access to features that others don’t have yet. With that comes bugs. Last year, Xbox Preview Program members actually received an update that reset their console. Every game, every app, every setting had to be changed again. What’s more, Xbox Preview Program participants can’t decide that they don’t want an upgrade and still play online. The update needs to be downloaded or you’re forced to play offline until you’re ready to make the upgrade.

If all that wasn’t enough, you can’t easily get out of the Xbox Preview Program. When users decide they don’t want their console participating anymore, they have to wait until the next release to exit the program. Finally, there are a lot of updates involved. Usually, Xbox Preview Program participants only see one update a month. Other times, they could see a few in a week.

Xbox Preview Program is how Microsoft tests new Xbox One software ideas and services before they’re available to everyone else. It’s completely voluntary and users don’t get paid for joining. What they do get are early looks at features coming before anyone else outside of Microsoft does. Microsoft updated the Xbox One’s software in some form around 10 times last year at least; Xbox Preview Program members got those updates before they were made available to anyone else.

In exchange for getting new features before anyone else, Microsoft asks Preview Program members to test out new features and provide feedback. Usually, that’s through Xbox Preview Program forums, but last year Microsoft also launched a Preview Program app and dashboard that allows users to pass on their comments and critiques without picking up their smartphone or PC. Take this year’s first Xbox One update for example. Today, Xbox Preview Program members are testing transparent tiles that lets users see more of their backgrounds. In a survey about the feature Microsoft asks users to rate the feature and whether adding different levels of transparency might make it a bit easier to use.

If you’re looking for an easy way to get the latest and greatest features without issues, the Xbox Preview Program isn’t for you either. Again, users who participate in the program are getting access to features that others don’t have yet. With that comes bugs. Last year, Xbox Preview Program members actually received an update that reset their console. Every game, every app, every setting had to be changed again. What’s more, Xbox Preview Program participants can’t decide that they don’t want an upgrade and still play online. The update needs to be downloaded or you’re forced to play offline until you’re ready to make the upgrade.

If all that wasn’t enough, you can’t easily get out of the Xbox Preview Program. When users decide they don’t want their console participating anymore, they have to wait until the next release to exit the program. Finally, there are a lot of updates involved. Usually, Xbox Preview Program participants only see one update a month. Other times, they could see a few in a week.

excellent so how do the 360 games play? are the old cod on?

Look back in this thread and there is a list of games that are able to be played. But it is very very limited.

As time goes on though they will be adding more.

still, not enough to get me to buy a X1. there have just been too many problems... and no one i know owns one either or plans to get one. honestly Win10 is a much bigger announcement for me with Xbox coming to windows! i can use the new controller and might just have to buy a DVD player for my machine to play all my 360 games if this is part of that working out. unless i am reading it wrong.

The Xbox One isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.

It's not perfect, and MS focus on a multimedia device vs. a gaming machine was not a good choice this generation, but for what it is, I feel it does the job, OK. I am a CoD fanatic, so XB1 is the platform to get if you like the early DLC, etc... Even if there are more players on PS4. I also own a PS4, and while more powerful, the only reason I bought it was because I could upgrade the hard drive to 1TB, since I buy all my games digitally now with no discs. I also like owning both because this means no exclusive titles, either.

However, for certain games nothing beats the PC due to the raw power e.g. Witcher 3.

I started out on PC many eons ago when Dinos walked the Earth, have been through every console since the Atari 2600, and am not quitting PC gaming any time soon. On the other hand, I am a realist and know the player base and post-sales support for certain franchises is now aimed squarely at consoles, so this gives me the best of both worlds.

Archived