seriously what is going on?

infernomachine

Sorry for multiple posts, but this has become frustrating beyond belief. The purpose the of then netduma is to reduce lag by congestion and Geo. So youre wrong in stating I'm abusing the netduma. If I get a better connection "feel" wise outside my region that's what I'm going to do. My simple question is why cannot I not select other servers through the Geo feature as I could in the past? Are others having the same problem? Can someone test this? Are the servers region locked?

• Netduma Staff

Sorry for multiple posts, but this has become frustrating beyond belief. The purpose the of then netduma is to reduce lag by congestion and Geo. So youre wrong in stating I'm abusing the netduma. If I get a better connection "feel" wise outside my region that's what I'm going to do. My simple question is why cannot I not select other servers through the Geo feature as I could in the past? Are others having the same problem? Can someone test this? Are the servers region locked?

I'll try and find other threads where others have encountered this - if I recall though, a couple of other people attempted to force dedicated servers abroad and found that they couldn't connect. Whenever this is the case, it means that the developers have locked the regions for dedicated servers. It would make sense that Activision would attempt to mitigate their dedicated server issues by implementing a region lock.

Region locks can be bypassed through VPN's, though this will likely result in a much higher ping. The Netduma can only give you control over the servers made available to you by the game developers unfortunately - we cannot break the game net code through use of the Geo-filter.

I'd ask Fraser to run his usual tests though he's very busy at the moment. If we get some time, we'll try and force a server ourselves and let you know what we find out.

As Zennon says, Turn off console and select region then boot up console. I tried this with the US (I am in the UK) and could not connect till I tried it this way and then connected no issue. 

However with what appears to be a somewhat screwed up launch the dedicated servers may well be locked to a certain area as has already been mentioned. 

• Netduma Staff

I should clarify I can only connect to the New Jersey server. I cannot use the Geo anywhere else including US servers

If you turn off your console, wait for the Geo-filter map to clear, then move your home location with Strict Mode on and Ping Assist at 0 and boot up, what happens when you go to join a game? Could you screenshot what you see on the map?

• Netduma Staff

Hi Jack, this is after 10min of waiting https://imgur.com/a/cjLaT

and this is when I reboot then move home to the locked server in the previous picture after 10min https://imgur.com/a/ba0Q0

It's clear that the CoD WW2 servers need to be shut down and fixed properly. I'm seeing plenty of people experiencing the same kind of problems - the game attempting to connect players only to dedicated servers that are thousands of miles away coupled with the inability to ever get P2P connections or force servers using the Geo-filter.

Their servers seem too strict and too unstable for some players. If you increase the Geo-filter radius to the maximum value, what kind of experience do you have? What about if you set Ping Assist to 40ms and reduce the distance again?

Jack I can cover the entire globe with the Geo filter leaving out the new jersey server and I will never get in a game. As soon as I place it over new jersey I connect to it instantly. I have not seen others posting here with the same issue which is why I had requested the one to one I could be possibly missing sonething

If I reduce the distance and set ping assist to 40 I connect to new jersey

• Netduma Staff

Jack I can cover the entire globe with the Geo filter leaving out the new jersey server and I will never get in a game. As soon as I place it over new jersey I connect to it instantly. I have not seen others posting here with the same issue which is why I had requested the one to one I could be possibly missing sonething

If I reduce the distance and set ping assist to 40 I connect to new jersey

I've responded to your 1 on 1 request.