DUMAOS Question

BOLDSHOTER

Give us a hint! This week, next month or 2019!!!! This is not correct, we all pay ~200 to 300Euro and no updates or patches the hole year. And you closed the one thread. Are we shareholder or investor? Its s a joke.

Be patient my dude. It's coming.

While I as well am annoyed due to any lack of info and or update on the DumaOS....We still have no right to demand it and no we are not shareholders and or investors just because you purchased a PRODUCT.  The only thing you are entitled to is for the PRODUCT that you PURCHASED to work, anything after that additional updates to firmware, security features etc is all that additional and hopefully free but none of it is an OBLIGATION or a must.  I hope you understand and don't take the above offensively.                  

Except when PRODUCT advertises (comes with free updates). And uses it as a focal selling point. Besides its not the updates ppl are up in arms about. No matter what field you're in. You should know ruefully how long the job takes.  Everything has hiccups but let's not be ridiculous.

Except when PRODUCT advertises (comes with free updates). And uses it as a focal selling point. Besides its not the updates ppl are up in arms about. No matter what field you're in. You should know ruefully how long the job takes.  Everything has hiccups but let's not be ridiculous.

I don't know how long you have had the unit, but mine has been upgraded several times for free since original purchase back in Dec of 2014.

Anybody have a side by side of what the OS used to look like, and the feature set changes?

OMG please.  I assume you are in gaming space as I am...Meaning you and I should know better than what you are saying right there because The Last Guardian for PS3 and then to PS4 was late 6 years....Where is Half-Life 3?  GTA V took how many years?  Just because they say there will be UPDATES does not mean UPDATES come out when YOU or I want them.  I include myself in this because just like you I get frustrated, annoyed and everything else but in the end NetDuma, NetGear, Asus, LinkSys and so on none of them are OBLIGATED to update and or upgrade anything.  Let us be real here we are a generation of instant gratification and when we have instant gratification sometimes it works out for the worst.  PS4's get bricked due to untested firmware, XBox 360 was sold with KNOWN overheating issue and so on.  Imagine if NETDUMA released the DumaOS 2.0 early due to our outcry only to BRICK THE ROUTER.  They wouldn't be obligated to replace it and you would mostly like throw it away it is a lose lose situation.  Personally I haven't had the AMAZING results that some people in this forum have had, but I have noticed NetDuma R1 router and firmware or code whatever you want to call it handle lag and so on much better than any of the previous routers I've had.  So while it pains me a lot to wait and annoys me and completely frustrates me I rather wait because in the end the pay off on waiting might and should be better.  When the firmware does come out after waiting and it does not work or whatever than be a bit more angry at that time you should take your money somewhere else if you so wish.  For now let us enjoy the stable hardware and software we have until the DumaOS releases!

I also hope you did not buy NetDuma R1 router solely due to advertisement that they will support the hardware/software.  All other major router companies say the same and do the same yet NetDuma has done more with less money, with less man and woman power in the last few years than lets say Asus or NetGear.  If you want truly constant updates to firmware go download Tomato or DD-WRT or some of the other ones that are run by communities.  Again I've had best success with NetDuma R1 router.  

SIDE NOTE: Look at Asus they have "GAMING ROUTERS" and then with those "Gaming Routers" they give free access to WTFAST which is supposedly some private gateway for networks that will make your ping etc lower...It's been available on Asus Gaming routes for years now and yet that WTFAST does not support CONSOLES and yet on their site it says CONSOLE support will happen.  In the end you have a lot of options to stay with R1 router, to move on and so on and you can even be annoyed and angry with slow response and slow progress on DUMA OS but don't make it seem like NetDuma OWES you something.  They don't OWE you or me anything or anyone for that matter.  Don't hate or be grudge the company and product due them not being on PAR to your personal standards be cause the company nor the world run our my standards or yours.

No other COMPANY has the CEO or whatever title you'd like to give Ian has responded to me on TWITTER.  You should see how much I annoy Ian and NetDuma on twitter and on the Forum in regards to the DumaOS 2.0.  Yet I have to be realistic and understanding.  Just because I throw money at a company or a product does not mean I can demand things or be entitled to things from that company.  I am glad to get responses from the small teams they have and from Ian.  I am overwhelmed that they can handle such a feat and still ask the community for input, concerns and bugs.  Plus they provide support and schedule 1 on 1's all while working on DumaOS 2.0.  

"Improvement usually means doing something we have never done before" Shigeo Shingo <-- Fascinating Engineer and brilliant mind behind the TPS

Cheap. Fast. Good. - Pick Two.  This is the "Iron Triangle of Manufacturing".  

Netduma has said the upgrade will be Free.  That covers Cheap

No one in the #DumaArmy is content with being "good" - we are all driven, highly competitive games (and people).  We wouldn't be here if we weren't constantly trying to improve and get better.  Good isn't going to cut it.

That leaves Fast - Which Iain and Co have said repeatedly they are not going to rush a half-assed product out the door.  Fast was never on the table for obvious reasons.

And before anybody wants to say "I'd gladly pay for the upgrade if it was available now" - You need to read the Wiki on the "The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering"

As Winston told John Wick:  "Have a drink.  And Relax"  ;)

"Improvement usually means doing something we have never done before" Shigeo Shingo <-- Fascinating Engineer and brilliant mind behind the TPS

Cheap. Fast. Good. - Pick Two.  This is the "Iron Triangle of Manufacturing".  

Netduma has said the upgrade will be Free.  That covers Cheap

No one in the #DumaArmy is content with being "good" - we are all driven, highly competitive games (and people).  We wouldn't be here if we weren't constantly trying to improve and get better.  Good isn't going to cut it.

That leaves Fast - Which Iain and Co have said repeatedly they are not going to rush a half-assed product out the door.  Fast was never on the table for obvious reasons.

And before anybody wants to say "I'd gladly pay for the upgrade if it was available now" - You need to read the Wiki on the "The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering"

As Winston told John Wick:  "Have a drink.  And Relax"  ;)

from my knowledge, they been working on this firmware over an year.

from my knowledge, they been working on this firmware over an year.

Which merely demonstrates how little you know about what's involved.

I've been on the beta for a couple of gaming products for over 18 months. And that's just the software refinement aspect of it, the hardware has been set in concrete far longer. The software for both products was already largely written over a decade and several generations prior and is nowhere near the scope of what Netduma is producing here.

Patience grasshopper. There is absolutely zero benefit imposing your arbitrary deadlines on their product. Threatening to go somewhere else is meaningless because a. they already have your money, and b. the OS upgrade will be free and they're under no obligation to provide anything to you other than what you already have.

All good things come to those who wait. If you can't, I dare say you won't be missed.

we would all like to have DumaOS, but I sincerely prefer to wait and have a finished product and work properly, so that it goes wrong and to have a white brick on the table that only serves me as paperweight I prefer to wait, also netduma currently does what it has to do and everything else is free when you have to come

What I would like to ask is a tweet that Ian posted on September 9 about finding a new tester, do you know any of this?

Greetings and again thanks to the team of Netduma for the excellent work they do.an.

I respect the hole Netduma team. Much more the helpful!!! community.

But the word's "be patient it coming soon" is too much stretched out in this particular case.

They never release a hot fix for the current firmware, only workarounds from some superb community members.(slow interface, port forwarding issues, half cutted speeds,....).

DumaOs is never ending story....

Some members defend it like the holy grail, it isn't.It is okish software on a mediocre router that can make a super internet environment a little bit better (QOS is ok, Host Filter is not so important these days( GameServer infrastructure)).

The last sentence is not the best. It can be a big problem when you live in a small populate area or some publisher not taken care of the problem. It can be good on P2P system but the most AAA multiplayer games have dedicated server or hybrids.

DUMA can block the server but not the people that join it.

You won't be missed???

Damn dude.

That's no way to talk to a consumer of a new product trying to reach new sales.

This is a polarizing topic and I have been very guilty of bad manners about it toward the owner and original team members. They are the ones who financially shoulder the burden of lost or gained sales. If you are not one of them, please stop talking to customers this way.

Which merely demonstrates how little you know about what's involved.

I've been on the beta for a couple of gaming products for over 18 months. And that's just the software refinement aspect of it, the hardware has been set in concrete far longer. The software for both products was already largely written over a decade and several generations prior and is nowhere near the scope of what Netduma is producing here.

Patience grasshopper. There is absolutely zero benefit imposing your arbitrary deadlines on their product. Threatening to go somewhere else is meaningless because a. they already have your money, and b. the OS upgrade will be free and they're under no obligation to provide anything to you other than what you already have.

All good things come to those who wait. If you can't, I dare say you won't be missed.