ADVANCED WARFARE...

SaAlWe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an observation. There is a dedicated server situated right in Chicago. I am in Toronto Canada, and I connect to that dedicated more often than not for Kill confirmed and Team Deathmatch. I ping 25ms to the Chicago AW dedicated Server. You must be pinging lower than that. The Dedicated server does not give as good an experience as a P2P connection, but it is still playable.  

I got my Netduma today and I played some AW. Geofilter ON, strict mode ON and so on. I read alot in the forum and the wiki. 

The connection improved and the enemies die very fast BUT Im dying also very fast and I ran almost every time into tryhard lobbies where people camp on rooftops and corners. 

So I dont know if I enjoy the game now more or less.

COD Players cannot judge the Netduma router by their k/ds. Cod uses complicated kinds of matchmaking. Only ping wont solve the problem in this game.

The big problem in AW is the skillbased matchmaking and the netcode if you ask me. 

The bottom line for me is:

I have good connections now in AW;

I play against fast crackheads who kill me very fast.

I need to test the Netduma on MKX because MKX is a very good game to have fun.

Excuse my English :)

Greetings

Dali 

I'm thinking about trying it on CS:GO... Even though it has a server browser built in. However, the competitive match making is similar to AW, and other games where it is all done behind-the-scenes, so I am wondering if the R1 might be of some advantage there, too?

It was good up until January sometime then they all took a dump. I have a theory about how some have a great experience on deds, with a 200ms base lag built into the game engine and the fact that the dedi servers use whacked netcode for comp I believe you must live close enough to the servers to ping under 20-25ms at the most or you will get the sh*t end of the lag comp stick so to speak. All of the people that I've seen get consistent game plays on deds live right on top of them. Me on the other hand, my lobbies usually average in the 80-110ms range to others and 45-65ms to deds. I still play on them for clan wars on the x360 but I refuse to take that beating on the ps4, they seem way worse over there so it's p2p or go work on the race car. BTW we don't do to bad on the x360 just maxed out our points for the season in diamond division with only 5 members and currently sitting in first this weekend.

• Administrators

Hi guys,

just letting you know I'm not keeping up with this thread. So if you have any support requests remember to start your own thread. 

I got my Netduma today and I played some AW. Geofilter ON, strict mode ON and so on. I read alot in the forum and the wiki.

The connection improved and the enemies die very fast BUT Im dying also very fast and I ran almost every time into tryhard lobbies where people camp on rooftops and corners.

So I dont know if I enjoy the game now more or less.

COD Players cannot judge the Netduma router by their k/ds. Cod uses complicated kinds of matchmaking. Only ping wont solve the problem in this game.

The big problem in AW is the skillbased matchmaking and the netcode if you ask me.

The bottom line for me is:

I have good connections now in AW;

I play against fast crackheads who kill me very fast.

I need to test the Netduma on MKX because MKX is a very good game to have fun.

Excuse my English :)

Greetings

Dali

I gave up on AW last night after playing for an hour to get the double xp on xbone,connection was awful so for the lolz I put ghosts in,very low player countil but on a p2p pinging around 30/40 in the south of UK it was truly glorious so so crisp

I gave up on AW last night after playing for an hour to get the double xp on xbone,connection was awful so for the lolz I put ghosts in,very low player countil but on a p2p pinging around 30/40 in the south of UK it was truly glorious so so crisp

It's the netcode (in AW) that is awful. Period.

It's based on the horrendous BO2 netcode... Since AW is on the BO2 engine... Which has always been horrible for a majority of people. This is because Treyarch doesn't have a lead netcode programmer like IW does... Er, did before they fired him post-MW3. This is why all games after MW3 have terrible netcode, more or less.

It's the netcode (in AW) that is awful. Period.

It's based on the horrendous BO2 netcode... Since AW is on the BO2 engine... Which has always been horrible for a majority of people. This is because Treyarch doesn't have a lead netcode programmer like IW does... Er, did before they fired him post-MW3. This is why all games after MW3 have terrible netcode, more or less.

Really hoping they sort it out for blops3 because I'm so ready for that game

I doubt they will. I quit BO2 about halfway in because they NEVER would address the horrid connection issues and is still broken to this day. The only thing keeping my interest are their game fixing mechanics like taking out panic knifing etc but until they fix quickscoping the game will always be broken.

This game has gone to crap this week. Over the weekend I was getting 1.8 to as high as 5 k/d. Tonight my first game I went 1-16!!!!! Only had one positive k/d in 4 games. I have a 1.2 k/d, not great but I know how to aim. About ready to give up. I can only get a team kill confirm game from a New Jersey dedi, I am in Chicago, I can't get a be your own host trick, no one joins the game in over ten minutes waiting. There are hardly any players left in the USA, lobbies are hard to find. Here is a screen shot of the new record for ping in one of my games. I got p2p once and I got a weird host migration screen freeze, too bad it was a good game. So frustrating. Oh and my scuf controllers tact button wore out for the third time in 5 months, so I need to solder a new one on again. Sorry for the rant. Bad night.

ZJvmFykl.jpg

1 and a half second delay!

I get this consatntly after midnight. Its 100% guaranteed no matter what my settings are

Is the first dlc map pack worth buying? I am on ps4. Will it effect finding a lobby? Starting to get bored with the stock maps.

The thing to keep in mind when buying DLC is they go into their own playlists before they are included into the normal rotation.

So, it can make MM a little harder since the game first looks to see if you have the DLC, and if so, then whatever game modes Activison decides to put them in. For example, if you are into HC (Hard Core), I would check and make sure these modes are included in the DLC because they are being phased out, right or wrong. Also, if you have friends you play with, you must ALL have the DLC, or you will be stuck with stock maps.

I have the Season Pass on XB1, and I don't play the DLC maps, ironically. Namely because of what I mentioned above: Ascendance has a Mostpit playlist when it should have more options (game modes) to choose from. I don't like some of the game modes, so if I want to play Ascendance, I have to play a game of something, exit the lobby when something I don't like comes up and either wait, or find a new game (lobby). It's more trouble than it is worth, IMO. But it is up to you, ultimately.

Yes, as I mentioned in the BF4 topic AW isn't working for me anyway. I tried every option available on the Netduma (great product anyways) and didn't have success. I am getting shot around corners and I die very fast but I kill people also very fast and don't get so many hitmarkers anymore. 

In case of DLCs: Every time new DLC maps come out every COD becomes unplayable in the as they release them. Connection-wise and player-wise (tryhards etc.)

My great-grandmother said once: You cannot make gold out of shit :)

There is no cure for COD. Either you play the game and don't take it that serious or you pass it and move on to a next game. 

Fun should be your first motive playing games. 

Have a nice day ;)

The games beyond broken,as said above play for fun cuz that's what it's all about.

And IMO don't get the DLC as it fragments the player base and makes the games even tougher to find.Look at it like this some people buy DLC 1,then some others buy DLC 2 but not 1,some buy 1 and 3 but not 2 etc.You can see all the variables and how much it fragments the player base.Of course this is just my opinion.

First cod that I have ever stopped playing I have always played them right up to the next instalment. It is a shame they contracted SH.

Archived