ADVANCED WARFARE...

SaAlWe

First cod that I have ever stopped playing I have always played them right up to the next instalment. It is a shame they contracted SH.

Now, with the Netduma finely tuned, the game plays like on LAN for me, but... The motivation to keep playing the game itself is not there.

AW has to be one of the most bare-bones, grind-driven game since Destiny, IMO.

There is no point in the prestige since it is just a measure of time and the same damn thing over and over and over again. There are only two weapons you need: ASM1 and BAL. I have an Overkill class where I carry both (one as the primary, one as the secondary primary) and that's all I never need. I like to snipe, but SHG made sniping useless. Forget QSing, just regular sniping is very difficult because they want this game to be on "easy mode" where all you need is spray and pray weapons like the ASM1.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

try throttling the bandwith in congestion control keep testing it till you get the upload to about half a meg and download as close to 1meg you can turn share excess off if it helps get closer to the magic numbers 

a few people doubt the method but it does work for me worth a try

i have up and down sliders set to 10% and console set to 20 on the flower this is close enough and works for me

I play AW on PS4, I actually have a 40MB/30MB speed with FIOs in NYC. I put my Device Prioritisation for my PS4 at 1-2% with "share excess" unticked. I know it sounds silly, but I limit my upload that way to like 3-400kbs I heard in MW3 people were capping their uploads to limit lag compensation, prevent being host and as silly as it sounds have a better connection. It's like when you have great connection the game runs worse. A friend of mine down the road from me has a guy in his clan that plays off his cell phone!! yes, he plays off a 4Glte network and his game is "dead on"

This is how my night went. This game has gotten absolutely ridiculous, it's a complete joke at this point. I just don't see how I get f ing creamed one night and the next I go 2 - 3 k/d. No wonder everyone left this game.

V6QnFwfl.jpg

This is how my night went. This game has gotten absolutely ridiculous, it's a complete joke at this point. I just don't see how I get f ing creamed one night and the next I go 2 - 3 k/d. No wonder everyone left this game.

I believe it is because the MM allows anybody to join a lobby without regard to geographical location and/or ping. This is going to cause problems on a daily, even minute by minute basis since there is nothing like the Netduma filtering programmed into the MM algorithms, apparently? All it takes is one high ping player to screw up the entire match for everyone else.

Also, the game itself is just boring, IMO.

It has some of the worst killstreaks in the entire franchise, the Exo does NOT take much skill to use and the maps are just way too small for them. It's a complete fail from top to bottom, let alone introducing more randomness via the weapon variants. It's not competitive by any stretch of the imagination, yet Activision keeps touting CoD as a real e-sport - LMAO.

yeah AW was a major failure... and everyone was bitching about Ghosts o.O

i enjoyed that way better... because it has great hit detection 90% of the time.

there is ZERO excitement in any of the AW killstreaks. my favorite still is MW3 with the reaper>ac130. its like raining down hell on the other team.

The funny thing is many more people LIKE(D) Ghosts, than the media let on. According to Twitter, Facebook, etc. everybody and their uncle hated Ghosts, supposedly... Yet there was always full lobbies and to this day there is still a significant player pool for such a "hated" game.

The hit detection is spot on because it is IW netcode + unbalanced weapon TTK, ironically. The netcode is so "good" the weapons were not designed with that efficiency in mind, so they "overkill" in terms of TTK. Ironic, but it makes for a better game in a lot of ways...

I believe upload is KEY for this game. I noticed back in CODbo days you can go into "options" just like CODaw and at the bottom it showed your speed. I think that has A LOT to do with how the game sets your match making, lag compensation and connection as a whole. I think if we all do "trial and error" ways and discuss them what works and doesn't we can find the best way to connect to this game. We have the technology (NetDuma), it's just playing with the settings to find the happy spot. I have FIOs 35/35 which is actually on speedtest 40/30, but whatever for now. My biggest thing that I noticed was a key point, Network monitor... With 30/40 I noticed the game using .1-.02 percent of my bandwidth (56k dial up speed) WHEN IN GAME.. I tried messing around with device prioritization, putting my PS4 at 1-2% and un ticking "share excess". Through trial and error device prioritization only sets UPLOAD, not download. so my setting mine to 1% of 30MB gives it 300kbs or .3Mbs (DSL speed). Here is another kicker The Algorithm I set it to "reactive" even though they say set it to that if your over 50Mb/s, even though I'm under (30/40).

Now this is the next test I would like to keep all my Duma settings "stock" my bandwidth typed in what it is, congestion control 100 percent for both UL and DL and the Device Prioritization (flower) rest and "share excess" TICKED. fire up the console, fire up COD, mine is DL'd (no disc). go into options, see what speed it gives me, in BO's it used to be maxed out at 9999 or 10MB/s, this is where I will discuss how MW2 was the best and after that it went to crap... Now adjust your settings, lowers Device Prioritization for your console to 1-2%, untick share excess turn algorithm to reactive and see how you make out? I'll try this tonight when I have time to play a few games. When you do this, use network monitor and only tick your console, watch it's speed, if it caps at the 1-2% that you set it to and if it does raise the %.

Why I think MW, WaW and MW2 had the best connections.. I played them on 360, 360 used to use a 10 Full duplex port which mean the console will max out at 10MB/s, there was a update that allowed the console it to go to 100 full duplex, which was great for viewing youtube and DLing games., but I think hurt the little guys (FPS games) that use such a minimal ammount of bandwidth that is now LOST in the sea of packets. That is my opinion, I could be full of poopie, I'm sure someone will chime in with another urban myth on why COD when to the birds after MW2.

The funny thing is many more people LIKE(D) Ghosts, than the media let on. According to Twitter, Facebook, etc. everybody and their uncle hated Ghosts, supposedly... Yet there was always full lobbies and to this day there is still a significant player pool for such a "hated" game.

The hit detection is spot on because it is IW netcode + unbalanced weapon TTK, ironically. The netcode is so "good" the weapons were not designed with that efficiency in mind, so they "overkill" in terms of TTK. Ironic, but it makes for a better game in a lot of ways...

over on reddit, if you arent a BO2 fanboy you get downvoted into oblivion.

I thought (think) BO2 is the worst CoD there is. I don't understand the love. People are entitled to their opinions, but for me, BO2 is just as cartoony as other Treyarch titles. Also, BO3 is just going to be "Call of Destiny" from the looks of it...

The only good COD's IMO were the Modern Warfares. I'm a Counterstrike veteran, so I like my realism (recoil, real guns, etc) but arcade like gameplay. The Modern Warfares had the best guns, maps, add ons and kill streaks. Black Ops was very cartoony, WaW was cool because of the tanks, but I think everyone wanted to be present day. MW3 was great but the connection was crappy, even though I still play it at times (now having a NetDuma).

Archived