Unable to Play Infinite Warfare due to Lag

NetriX

The past two days have been unplayable for me, anyone else getting similiar results?

I've verified that the issue is not on my end, everything is running smoothly other than Call of Duty.. go figure.

*And that first clip... transported across map... WHAA  :unsure:  :ph34r:

I have been struggling on and off with infinite warfare

But I have found recently that the London server has been a lot better by doing this

Geo filter 400km

PA 40

Strict on

Base ping is 27ms

What I have found is that if you have players in your lobby that have between 40-60 ping the game plays as It should

https://imgur.com/gallery/Zzfy8

I'm thinking there must be packet loss occurring. Perhaps we could implement a packet loss graph alongside the ping graph, something to think about. Would certainly explain low pings but still getting lag.

I thought so as well.. but according the the video noone was really able to play the same match. My internet always works without a hiccup and immediately I looked into my own connection to prove to myself that it wasn't my ISP.

Other than that, Black Ops 3 with 5ms ping, players still skip around the map. All other games such as CS: GO, Battlefield 1, work flawlessly.

I just finished back to back games of IW..

Topped out at 0.68 KD in both games... I have a 2-3 KD in every other COD..

Due to its one-shot/one kill nature and high penetration power, the Ballista EM3 is highly useful against lined-up groups of enemies, both humans and robots.

I used Ballista EM3 and in both games and I got 2 hit markers before rage quitting..

I just can't support call of duty anymore, netduma doesn't even help.

I have zero aim assist, gun feels like I'm playing on 1 sensitivity because I can't turn because of lag, everyone is a sponge and 5 seconds ahead of me on getting shot, I pre aim corners and use ballistic vest without missing shots only to get melted and die... this is playing at 5 ms with the Netduma.

OnKlkM4.png

I'm thinking there must be packet loss occurring. Perhaps we could implement a packet loss graph alongside the ping graph, something to think about. Would certainly explain low pings but still getting lag.

I think it's the server sync. My theory is that people with bad connections get oversynced. I've seen streamers getting the yellow packet loss sign in IW while they were melting people easily. Hopefully the anti spike & jitter in Duma OS 2.0 will fix this. That's why I wanted to beta test the new OS.

I think it's the server sync. My theory is that people with bad connections get oversynced. I've seen streamers getting the yellow packet loss sign in IW but while they were melting people easily. 

I'm not sure, as I know my connection is fine I just plan to put the whole lag comp to test by limiting my 1 Gbps internet to a 512Kbps lag machine.. let's see if that helps.. Will post results.

I'm not sure, as I know my connection is fine I just plan to put the whole lag comp to test by limiting my 1 Gbps internet to a 512Kbps lag machine.. let's see if that helps.. Will post results.

I don't think that throttling your connection will help because your base connection is too good. I meant those players who have a base shitty internet with high ping, packet loss and jitter. Have you had a good game in TDM where you achieved 50-60 or more kills where you were ahead of your opponents and melting? I had that once and would like to have it every game.

I don't think that throttling your connection will help because your base connection is too good. I meant those players who have a base shitty internet with high ping, packet loss and jitter.

IDK, I went from not cresting a 1.0 KD in the past two days ... a 0.68 in all games earlier...

Last two games with throttled connection at 512Kbps Down / 128Kbps UP

Got 28 and 2 first game.. second 33-5

Connection was mostly smooth and gunfights feel a lot more fair.

IDK, I went from not cresting a 1.0 KD in the past two days ... a 0.68 in all games earlier...

Last two games with throttled connection at 512Kbps Down / 128Kbps UP

Got 28 and 2 first game.. second 33-5

Connection was mostly smooth and gunfights feel a lot more fair.

If this works for you keep the settings and melt people. Test your settings over the next days and tell us if it got better or not.

128K upload? as far as I am aware lag isn't caused by bandwidth so throttling your connection shouldn't make any difference. I tried doing this on numerous occasions and below 200K up the game was unplayable. 

Could you please post a few links to some of the gameplay where you are getting toasted and some where you are not going below a 3.2 kdr.

Id just like to see if there are any other reasons that you are having this issue with high bandwidth. Cheers in advance.

Just saw the video again and I am pretty sure what you are experiencing there is because you where host!!!

I had this the other day and it was so frustrating.

My internet is really low bandwidth

2mbps 0.5 upload

Next time this happens check the Geofilter that you not hosting

What I find with throttling connection and ping results.. 74.125.196.139 = google.com

Without throttle:

Ping statistics for 74.125.196.139:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 6ms, Average = 5ms

With throttle:
Ping statistics for 74.125.196.139:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 80ms, Average = 26ms

Something having to do with those ping numbers to get lag compensation in my favor.

The gameplay in your video had absolutely nothing to do with lag compensation.

You can see all 4 'game health' icons at certain times, you just had a terrible host in that game.

Either the server you were on was spazzing out or it was P2P and the game picked a terrible host or it was your own connection.

Nothing at all to do with lag compensation.

I've removed the chunk from the end of your post for the time being.

Connection manipulation can easily lead to a perma-ban from Xbox Live (I assume PS4 too), if people mess about with stuff and get banned because of it they'll come in here complaining and I don't want to have to deal with that kind of mess.

I thought we were a community of good players wanting smoother game play with the lowest ping possible.

Jitter is what causes frustration in games, playing against somebody juddering and teleporting is the bane of the community :(

Most players judder because they no nothing about networking and their family is streaming and downloading while they game without congestion control, this is the lag that people talk of.

I thought we were a community of good players wanting smoother game play with the lowest ping possible.

Jitter is what causes frustration in games, playing against somebody juddering and teleporting is the bane of the community :(

Most players judder because they no nothing about networking and their family is streaming and downloading while they game without congestion control, this is the lag that people talk of.

I've used Netduma for years, nothing can save you from Call of Duty's net code..  :P

I got my "godlike" internet thinking things would be in my favor due to my low baseline ping and finding games with Netduma that where 5ms to host... boy was I wrong.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Still waiting to see if it's a placebo effect or not.

128K upload? as far as I am aware lag isn't caused by bandwidth so throttling your connection shouldn't make any difference. I tried doing this on numerous occasions and below 200K up the game was unplayable. 

Could you please post a few links to some of the gameplay where you are getting toasted and some where you are not going below a 3.2 kdr.

Id just like to see if there are any other reasons that you are having this issue with high bandwidth. Cheers in advance.

I've tried over throttling before and my bufferbloat was really bad, never tried actually playing a game with it.

I've tried over throttling before and my bufferbloat was really bad, never tried actually playing a game with it.

It's awesome, I just dropped my first nuclear... haha

Gun fights are so fair now.. not getting melted NEARLY as much as I used to.

Download: 512 Kbps :: Upload: 128 Kbps

Nvm3iXl.jpg

I do believe throttling is a placebo, if it's working for you then thats great but I would never recommend it myself as it doesn't really make sense, lower ping is always more beneficial.

I thought the same thing.. there are tons of videos on YouTube telling their story and showing how throttling helps.

I'm flipping the throttle switch on and off during the match and I'm honestly noticing differences. 

Without throttling and 5ms NetDuma ping.. in-game always shows about 10ms higher