UPnP on/Not getting open nat type

MrRelentlessUK

I have UPnP enabled and it does not show the port 3074 needed for COD, I have port forward 3074 and then i get a open nat type

If i have both port forwarding and UPnP enabled it messes with the Duma and i get extreme high pings as in my previous post 

It does give me 3074 in UPnP on my Xbox but not on my PS4 

Any ideas for a fix? 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was wonder the same thing. before the last bo3 update i was getting open nat type with upnp. My xbox will use port 3074 and 3076 but my ps4 wont use 3074. i really wish we could get that 2.0 firmware. its alot of bugs with this firmware 

I have UPnP enabled and it does not show the port 3074 needed for COD, I have port forward 3074 and then i get a open nat type

If i have both port forwarding and UPnP enabled it messes with the Duma and i get extreme high pings as in my previous post 

It does give me 3074 in UPnP on my Xbox but not on my PS4 

Any ideas for a fix? 

i was wonder the same thing. before the last bo3 update i was getting open nat type with upnp. My xbox will use port 3074 and 3076 but my ps4 wont use 3074. i really wish we could get that 2.0 firmware. its alot of bugs with this firmware 

Pretty sure this is an issue with BO3 to be honest. It happened right after the update that "fixed" some netcode according to their patch notes.

Pretty sure this is an issue with BO3 to be honest. It happened right after the update that "fixed" some netcode according to their patch notes.

I dont think so as i can get an open nat with upnp enabled via my isp router, also if i port forward with the netduma then over time my user interface hangs and i get 900ms plus spikes when pinging cod dedi, if i dont port forward i get a steady 7ms.

i get 3074 on my upnp table...................occasionally i do flush it by unticking then apply then retick  then apply. Also, yes, you should not use port forwarding and upnp together as it can cause conflicts.

FAd8LPk.jpg

• Administrators

UPnP will open ports when it detects they are needed. If it's working fine for Xbox then there should be no difference with PS4. Set a static IP for the console, hard turn it off, disable UPnP then enable it, then turn on console & game. Does UPnP open it?

UPnP will open ports when it detects they are needed. If it's working fine for Xbox then there should be no difference with PS4. Set a static IP for the console, hard turn it off, disable UPnP then enable it, then turn on console & game. Does UPnP open it?

Something is up with it, I ended up just forwarding 1-65535 to my ps4 but I was getting moderate nat also.

i get 3074 on my upnp table...................occasionally i do flush it by unticking then apply then retick  then apply. Also, yes, you should not use port forwarding and upnp together as it can cause conflicts.

FAd8LPk.jpg

Interesting. My PS4 would only open 9308 and 3074, but not 9307 with UPNP enabled on the Duma. Now it only opens 9308.

Okay is there any DNS, MTU changes you've done at all? Are you wired or wireless? If wired change to wireless does it open the port in UPnP and vice versa

No i leave DNS, MTU set to auto, I am wired and i have just tried wifi to see if it opens 3074 on the table, No ports appear with wifi at all and with wired on PS4 i only get port 9308 

I have disabled and re enabled UPnP, Rebooted the Duma and hard reset my PS4 and this does not work 

No i leave DNS, MTU set to auto, I am wired and i have just tried wifi to see if it opens 3074 on the table, No ports appear with wifi at all and with wired on PS4 i only get port 9308 

I have disabled and re enabled UPnP, Rebooted the Duma and hard reset my PS4 and this does not work 

I have the same issue. Another member (FQs19) said he did this and got an Open NAT: 

1. Clear UPNP  
  2. Reboot the Duma
  3. Restart the PS4
  4. Run Test Network connection on PS4 and he gets an open NAT.

Worth a shot I think. Because just like you, I see that my Xbox One has no problem getting an Open NAT but the PS4 and BO3 does with UPNP.

I have the same issue. Another member (FQs19) said he did this and got an Open NAT: 

• Clear UPNP  
  • Reboot the Duma
  • Restart the PS4
  • Run Test Network connection on PS4 and he gets an open NAT.
Worth a shot I think. Because just like you, I see that my Xbox One has no problem getting an Open NAT but the PS4 and BO3 does with UPNP.

I tried this and it didn't work. I Port Forward the ports and it is still Moderate NAT.

I tried this and it didn't work. I Port Forward the ports and it is still Moderate NAT.

Your Xbox needs to be off before you do those steps. Completely off, not in Instant Startup mode. Or you can do a Restart on it. 

If your Xbox is on or is in Instant Startup mode, it will retain port 3074 for itself, so no matter how many times you cycle the Netduma or PS4, the Xbox will still have port 3074 until it is restarted. 

Sorry I should've made that clearer. 

BO3 will not ask for port 3075. 

It will only ask for port 3074.

So if your Xbox already used port 3074 and you haven't restarted it, then BO3 will see that port 3074 is taken and just give you Moderate NAT. 

Your Xbox needs to be off before you do those steps. Completely off, not in Instant Startup mode. Or you can do a Restart on it. 

If your Xbox is on or is in Instant Startup mode, it will retain port 3074 for itself, so no matter how many times you cycle the Netduma or PS4, the Xbox will still have port 3074 until it is restarted. 

Sorry I should've made that clearer. 

BO3 will not ask for port 3075. 

It will only ask for port 3074.

So if your Xbox already used port 3074 and you haven't restarted it, then BO3 will see that port 3074 is taken and just give you Moderate NAT. 

That's why it didn't work. I did a factory reset and used the ports under port forwarding and now I get an Open NAT on the PS4. Thx

Thats great to hear! Anyone else had the same success?

Seems like we'll need to add the ability to set a timeout of ports that are no longer in use being released by UPnP.

That would be awesome Fraser.

Archived