UPnP on/Not getting open nat type

MrRelentlessUK

That would be awesome Fraser.

Okay so i am using ps4 and still having trouble getting bops 3 to have open nat on ps4 ("I know, i know, I'm a dumbass") Could someone please condense and list the order i need to do these things in so I and anyone else can easily follow please :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats great to hear! Anyone else had the same success? 

Seems like we'll need to add the ability to set a timeout of ports that are no longer in use being released by UPnP.

Yes please! Because if I decide to use my Xbox One it gets a Moderate to Strict NAT because the ports were used on the PS4 with UPNP.

Okay so i am using ps4 and still having trouble getting bops 3 to have open nat on ps4 ("I know, i know, I'm a dumbass") Could someone please condense and list the order i need to do these things in so I and anyone else can easily follow please :)

1. Turn off all Consoles. Completely off, no Instant on for Xbox or Rest Mode for PS4. They must be OFF. 

2. In Netduma Clear all Port Forwarding that is in use for your Consoles

3. Uncheck/Disable UPnP on Netduma, and click Apply

4. Restart Netduma

5. Check to make sure there the UPnP page is clear. Meaning no Port Forwarding Rules are showing. 

6. Check/Enable UPnP on Netduma, and click Apply

7. Start up PS4

8. Go into Settings>Network> and click Test Internet Connection

9. Verify that the network connection test showed NAT Type 2 which means you are behind a Router that will forward ports needed

10. Start up the game you want to play

If for some reason you still have problems, you might want to do the same steps again but this time turn off the Netduma Geo filter for the PS4

A member in another thread mentioned doing a factory reset resulted in UPnP opening that port. Try that and see if it works. Save a profile & export first so you don't lose all your settings.

I did a factory reset and it still does not open 3074, I did load my original settings and then also factory reset again starting from scratch and still did not open it, Moderate nat on BO3 

I did a factory reset and it still does not open 3074, I did load my original settings and then also factory reset again starting from scratch and still did not open it, Moderate nat on BO3 

Did you try the small guide FQs19 posted just above you?

1. Turn off all Consoles. Completely off, no Instant on for Xbox or Rest Mode for PS4. They must be OFF. 

2. In Netduma Clear all Port Forwarding that is in use for your Consoles

3. Uncheck/Disable UPnP on Netduma, and click Apply

4. Restart Netduma

5. Check to make sure there the UPnP page is clear. Meaning no Port Forwarding Rules are showing. 

6. Check/Enable UPnP on Netduma, and click Apply

7. Start up PS4

8. Go into Settings>Network> and click Test Internet Connection

9. Verify that the network connection test showed NAT Type 2 which means you are behind a Router that will forward ports needed

10. Start up the game you want to play

If for some reason you still have problems, you might want to do the same steps again but this time turn off the Netduma Geo filter for the PS4

Thanks for the suggestion, i have just done all those steps and still not getting 3074

Well for some reason it's not working today.

I just tried it and got Moderate NAT.

To get BO3 on PS4 open, do all of my steps from above but before you start BO3, 

go into Netduma > Setting > Port Forwarding

and add a rule for your PS4 to forward port 3074 both TCP and UDP. Pretty sure you only need UDP though. 

It'll look like this 

1477503748-U1511.jpg

and add a rule for your PS4 to forward port 3074 both TCP and UDP. Pretty sure you only need UDP though. 

It'll look like this 

1477503748-U1511.jpg

If i port forward then i can't use UPnP, As they conflict and i get 1000ms ping spikes 

BO3 on PS4 is being a right git today. 

Shouldn't have to do all of this crap for an online game in 2016, but here we are. 

You should be able to leave the Port Forward Rule enabled all the time. 

Xbox One will most likely use the next available port which is 3075 but it doesn't and you are having the same NAT issues, then add a rule for your Xbox 

just like you did for your PS4.

Then you will enable which ever rule you need and turn the other one off. 

It'll look like this 

1477503748-U1511.jpg

Trouble for me is that if i enable the port forwarding feature (even with upnp disabled) the whole duma gui slows right down and disconnects my partners laptop which pisses her right off lol

BO3 on PS4 is being right git today. 

Shouldn't have to do all of this crap for an online game in 2016, but here we are. 

You should be able to leave the Port Forward Rule enabled all the time. 

Xbox One will most likely use the next available port which is 3075 but it doesn't and you are having the same NAT issues, then add a rule for your Xbox 

just like you did for your PS4.

Then you will enable which ever rule you need and turn the other one off. 

Right well heres the thing, i followed your guide fqs19 and got to bops3 splash screen and no joy. so backed out of the game and went to power down options for ps4 and just pressed X on restart and then did network test and entered the game and now it says open!

If i port forward then i can't use UPnP, As they conflict and i get 1000ms ping spikes 

it sounds like you have multiple machines trying to use that port at the same time and the Netduma is going into a loop. 

Almost like you're DDOS'ing the duma with port requests. 

Not sure I can help you out any more. 

Sorry. 

I just know how I was able to get Open NAT. 

Right well heres the thing, i followed your guide fqs19 and got to bops3 splash screen and no joy. so backed out of the game and went to power down options for ps4 and just pressed X on restart and then did network test and entered the game and now it says open!

Yeah a restart will work just like turning off will. 

I prefer to power off just in case one machine tries to open a port before you can do the configuring and steps needed on the Netduma. 

Glad you got it Open. 

it sounds like you have multiple machines trying to use that port at the same time and the Netduma is going into a loop. 

Almost like you're DDOS'ing the duma with port requests. 

Not sure I can help you out any more. 

Sorry. 

I just know how I was able to get Open NAT. 

appreciate the help thank you, There's a number of people with the same problem i have noticed

Well i literally cleared upnp with ps4 switched off rebooted duma started ps4 ran network test and nada. so i left everything as is on the duma but backed out of bops3 home screen and quit game. I then went to power down options and chose the restart ps4 option, then i did the network test and started up game and it now says open for the first time on god knows when

Well i literally cleared upnp with ps4 switched off rebooted duma started ps4 ran network test and nada. so i left everything as is on the duma but backed out of bops3 home screen and quit game. I then went to power down options and chose the restart ps4 option, then i did the network test and started up game and it now says open for the first time on god knows when

No one ever said gaming was easy. Lol

Glad you got it sorted. 

Congrats.

I have done smooch's suggestion a few times and it didn't work for me, I will wait for DumaOS and port forward for now as that gets me a open nat Fraser  :)

Me too and it doesn't work with UPNP. However Port Forwarding does. Will stick to that for now and wait for the brand spanking new DumaOS!!! :D

FYI:

Chatted with Activision a while back and was discussing with them concerning ports and which to use either upnp or portforwarding.  And the concensus was if you have one console portforwarding is the best option.  For my situation I only have one  and I was using upnp selectively and because I was getting an open nat I did not think twice about it. 

But I have changed to portforwarding  and I have an open nat but I will let you know how the gameplay is though.  Because we all know open nat does not equal great gameplay :)

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
  • UDP Port 4500 (UDP)
  • Port 3075 (UDP and TCP)

FYI:

Chatted with Activision a while back and was discussing with them concerning ports and which to use either upnp or portforwarding.  And the concensus was if you have one console portforwarding is the best option.  For my situation I only have one  and I was using upnp selectively and because I was getting an open nat I did not think twice about it. 

But I have changed to portforwarding  and I have an open nat but I will let you know how the gameplay is though.  Because we all know open nat does not equal great gameplay :)

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • UDP Port 3544 (UDP)
  • UDP Port 4500 (UDP)
  • Port 3075 (UDP and TCP)

This open my nat type.  thanks!!.  Hope they update the the r1 so we dont have to keep changing setups

• Administrators

This open my nat type.  thanks!!.  Hope they update the the r1 so we dont have to keep changing setups

Always possible to get an open NAT through port forwarding, the issue seems to be with UPnP which we'll need to look into.

Archived